• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

bigman40

Smash Master
I wasn't that impressed either. The D3 could've done much more to punish his camping. A Yoshi that's camping for longer than about 3-5 seconds pretty much means that they don't know that Yoshi is incapable of solid camping.

....Zuzuzu....

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
he just played carelessly but there were a bunch of orignial tactics he used just using moves we all know just excuting them in a different fasshoin if he played more careful specially with eggs he woulda done better

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I'm more impressed with how he adapted during the fights and he had pretty good DI. I mean, he started following up every egg-lay with an up-aerial and it worked in the first fight the first two times, then the DDD started breaking out with the down-aerial. So he eventually resorted to only following it up with an egg toss in the 2nd match. He used the down-B near the ledge to try to get a kill when DDD was getting up and he used it a few times and then he waited to use it later to bait him into trying to punish it before he did it. And near the end of the 2nd match, he got wise to how DDD was gonna try to vary up the chain grab. He died twice by the dash attack, but he didn't get hit by it again after that. But, yeah, that's what I noticed when I watched and that's what I took note of.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
This Yoshi is really something, do not miss this. I nominate these two vids that are rounds of the same fight:

Vayseth (King Dedede) vs. DRAGNDORF (Yoshi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcPDj6f1Asg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVgTBdh-6TA&feature=related
I watched the first one

very predictable.

Ledged hoped the same way most of the time. Fair ledge hop is very stupid to come off from the ledge with btw

Tried to kill with Nair everytime which is very predictable

Didn't see much edge guarding which is disappointing

Overall not bad but he needs to work on not being predictable or a good D3 would **** him

Bwett

Smash Ace
He's the first Yoshi that I've seen besides me that uses his mixups properly, imo. Despite the fact that he was playing a mediocre DDD and despite the fact that he needs to work on how he DI's, his style will get him far. As Yosh said, he reminds me of myself probably about 4-5 months ago, especially how he spaces some eggs and his use of nair and egglay are similar. He needs to work on using rising nair instead of just nair on shield.

He has alot of work to do, but he is already ahead of most Yoshi's.

D

Deleted member

K Yosh:
Doesnt matter if he can adapt (good analysis btw), because imo his fundementals were bad.
He had some nice mixups, but i was calling out spotdodges and egg lays, and im not even good at reading stuff lol.

Bwett:
He would either egg lay or nair on shield EVERY TIME and you think he is better than most yoshis. The D3 didnt even zone him or powershield, he still almost lost, he would throw eggs from point blank range and you are impressed???
Just because he plays boring and gay like you doesnt mean you have to be impressed :p
O ****.
Also, his mixups werent even good lol. The egg lays were good though.

/tough critic

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
he used some original tactics and used egg lay but just played extremely punishable, otherwise it wasnt bad at all.

whose the 3rd top yoshi at this time, im curious. cause first and second are obviously bwett and green ace, then comes ...?

Metatitan

Smash Master
he used some original tactics and used egg lay uut just played extremely punishable, otherwise it wasnt bad at all.

whose the 3rd top yoshi at this time, im curious. cause first and second are obviously bwett and green ace, then comes ...?
1. Bwett/Green Ace/Burntsocks
2. Bwett/Green Ace/Burntsocks
3. Bwett/Green Ace/Burntsocks

Any questions?

bigman40

Smash Master
Gonna give out a rough estimate on the dash attack shield cancel. These numbers are not concrete (I only did it on Bowser). So, don't come up with immediate results with what I have.

• Frames before opponent regains control (if missed the ledge): about 25 frames.

• Frames before opponent grabs ledge: about 14 frames.

• Frames before opponent gets out of shield stun: about 5 frames.

• If you're quick, you can instantly waveland back onto the stage and attack freely (no numbers on this yet).
We're not gonna really have any shield breaker combo unless the opponent sits in their shield long enough to take a Dair. I'm still gonna look to see what might possibly be a shield breaker combo, but please know that he won't have a guaranteed one.

....Zuzuzu....

D

Deleted member

Um look at the tourny results thread, but i havent gone to too many tournies lately.
Last sunday i got 5th.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
He's the first Yoshi that I've seen besides me that uses his mixups properly, imo. Despite the fact that he was playing a mediocre DDD and despite the fact that he needs to work on how he DI's, his style will get him far. As Yosh said, he reminds me of myself probably about 4-5 months ago, especially how he spaces some eggs and his use of nair and egglay are similar. He needs to work on using rising nair instead of just nair on shield.

He has alot of work to do, but he is already ahead of most Yoshi's.
lol at saying he is better then most yoshi's....................lmao

K Yosh:
Doesnt matter if he can adapt (good analysis btw), because imo his fundementals were bad.
He had some nice mixups, but i was calling out spotdodges and egg lays, and im not even good at reading stuff lol.

Bwett:
He would either egg lay or nair on shield EVERY TIME and you think he is better than most yoshis. The D3 didnt even zone him or powershield, he still almost lost, he would throw eggs from point blank range and you are impressed???
Just because he plays boring and gay like you doesnt mean you have to be impressed :p
O ****.
Also, his mixups werent even good lol. The egg lays were good though.

/tough critic
agreed

hadesblade

Smash Lord

Bwett

Smash Ace
Omg, yall are like babies, crying over any little comment. First of all, I said I was impressed with his STYLE. I said that the style that he plays Yoshi could get him far. I also said that he had alot of work to do. I didn't point out the large amount of flaws because they are pretty obvious.

Furthermore, when I said that he was already ahead of alot of Yoshi's, I was once again talking about his style and the general strategies he was doing, something that rarely any Yoshi does (atleast as far as I've seen) that I think is NEEDED for high level play, mainly mixing up egglay and aerials. In no way did I say that he was better than most yoshi's, although I can see where that can be implied.

Anyone can point out the obvious. How about instead you try to understand what I see and improve your own game because of it.

D

Deleted member

I was jokin about a lot of it btw :p
Buuut:
"In no way did I say that he was better than most yoshi's,"
"but he is already ahead of most Yoshi's."

Ok fine you said ahead.

Uhhhh, yea mixing up egg lay with aerials is important, thats true.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
:yoshi: Daaaaaaaaang, Jile with the ring service.

Beat me to it. D:

Time to watch videos to make me feel better. D:
Ahhhhh, now that things are settling down a bit, I'm going to have to get my Brawl face back on.

And I better not see any more Yoshi hatin' when I get back. Represent Yoshi in a respectable manner or get the fuck out!

EDIT: Sweet, new combo videos everywhere.

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
heres a couple of matches between me and Ian; one of my friends, its been a quite a while since these were made, but ill have some up-to-date ones in a week and a half since a tourney will be held at App on the 3rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvpV51iHCNU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUWu-bMLNY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0oQTnHupM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0vdbJl9mWE&feature=related

i lose all but one and thats only b/c i get a lucky footstool jump.

Airborne

Smash Lord
going to have two matches up hopefully in the next week. they're of me and hilt in a for-fun tourny. current john of the vids is that the only person that i've faced offline recently that's at least as good as me was a sheik, and i just plain suck at the oli MU.

edit: oh, and i had problems pivot grabbing that day, most of which resulted as dodge rolls.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
I'm excited Airborne, we gonna meetup sometime in October to finally play and see who the best Yoshi in the Midwest is. We gotta be sure to get them recorded. It'll be like Lex Luther vs. Superman, only not so ********.

Airborne

Smash Lord
-insert distance johns here-
-cue the John (Taboo) Buzzer-
yeah that **** is far away, son.
i don't think anyone in kentucky is actually going to no koast... we have like 4 tournies lined up, and i'm probably only going to a tournament on the 24th, unless i can go to a mw: east circuit on the 10th or go to Season's Beatings the weekend after, AND WATCH DAIGO AND JUSTIN WONG PLAY AN SF4 EXHIBITION MATCH OMGGGGGGGGGG

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAjHHSAf84M
too much bair, too much downb, too much predictability, too much lousy approaches, too many ****ty attempts to pivot grab and end up dodge rolling for half of each match, too little knowledge of the oli MU, too **** out of it... =\

hilt was on auto-pilot, and had like 2 hours of sleep or some ****.

bigman40

Smash Master
-insert distance johns here-
-cue the John (Taboo) Buzzer-
yeah that **** is far away, son.
i don't think anyone in kentucky is actually going to no koast... we have like 4 tournies lined up, and i'm probably only going to a tournament on the 24th, unless i can go to a mw: east circuit on the 10th or go to Season's Beatings the weekend after, AND WATCH DAIGO AND JUSTIN WONG PLAY AN SF4 EXHIBITION MATCH OMGGGGGGGGGG

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAjHHSAf84M
too much bair, too much downb, too much predictability, too much lousy approaches, too many ****ty attempts to pivot grab and end up dodge rolling for half of each match, too little knowledge of the oli MU, too **** out of it... =\

hilt was on auto-pilot, and had like 2 hours of sleep or some ****.

Why do you have a Kirby vs Pika video linked in your post?

Top Bottom