• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

p-rice

Smash Rookie
So your brothers i hope

o.O or did i read something wrong?

btw: i am just messing with you i dont like to critic vids but i like to post alot
yeah xnpio's a great guy i was tired and didn't put them on he did it for me. xD

no we're not brothers we were just texting i see how you inferred that though.

Sharky

Smash Master
I wanna move back to fingerp@ss' vids for a second. Particularly the ground pound on the slope to DR wave land on Yoshi's island. I decided to get used to that too while learning dr, and it's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be, hell you can buffer it while still in the ground pound. Plus they're just sexy. Since I have the last post in the guide thread already, would anyone object to me adding that as an AT?

Airborne

Smash Lord
i found something ATish that's more of an adaption of meta's pivot smash video. you can actually do it with every move in both directions, and it still gives a great slide. i'll make a vid of it tonight if anyone would like to see, but we both agreed that it's not too viable, really. it's more of just an addition to the random-*** mixups we have, and should be used possibly about once or twice at most in a match. i'll add my yoshi-wide known voice to explain the "AT".

oh, and i think you could add it as an AT, sharky, just make sure you bring up the fact that it's a DR waveland out of the slide.... is this possible on picto's edges as well? i know it doesn't work with platforms, but only a non passable (grammar?) stage

Sharky

Smash Master
it doesn't work with platforms at all really lol. you just jump through the platform. I tested a bunch of stages, picto might work, not sure though.

i'm just like super psyched about anything DR right now, it's awesome =D

Metatitan

Smash Master
I remember seeing two yoshi brothers at a tourny once, Krooton from AiB and his brother or some ****. I ***** them both pretty hard, and this was before I knew the matchup :yoshi:

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
it doesn't work with platforms at all really lol. you just jump through the platform. I tested a bunch of stages, picto might work, not sure though.

i'm just like super psyched about anything DR right now, it's awesome =D
The Yoshi bomb cancel works on Lylat when the stage tilts. I learned this from Karamity when he posted his vid over 8 months ago. Karamity is my favorite Yoshi mainer. :bee:

@P-Rice, I watched your videos and although I suck at giving advice I can give you some. I think you are doing fine assuming you are just starting out Yoshi? Idk. There are things like pivot grabs and ETS that you could use more in your game. Be careful going for those dairs off th stage since you can get footstooled very easily if you miss. Also be careful when using your bairs, notice there are many times where you get shield grabbed. You can use Yoshi's aerial movement to jump in with bair and move back out if you think you're gonna get shield grabbed.

To me its best not to force Yoshi to grab but to let the opponent fall into the grab. Learning to read where your opponent is going to land and plucking them out of the air with a pivot grab is a good technique (which is also applied to many other characters).

You tend to rush a lot! Again I'm assuming you are just picking up Yoshi or only used him for a short while. I actually think rushing (and trying to use all of Yoshi's moves) is a much better way of learning than just being a campy Yoshi. But then again I dont play competitavely nor do I use Yoshi all that much anymore. Good luck! :)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'd like to add that the Yoshi bomb cancel can lead to some interesting set ups. I did some testing and it was possible to Yoshi Bomb, hit the opponent with the stars, and then DJC back onto the stage and fsmash them. It seemed like a legit combo at the time, though I can't say for sure. I had the person I was testing it with hold shield, try to airdodge, and jump, so it may be legit.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'd like to add that the Yoshi bomb cancel can lead to some interesting set ups. I did some testing and it was possible to Yoshi Bomb, hit the opponent with the stars, and then DJC back onto the stage and fsmash them. It seemed like a legit combo at the time, though I can't say for sure. I had the person I was testing it with hold shield, try to airdodge, and jump, so it may be legit.
I showed this jank and its setups remember

Sharky

Smash Master
stages I've confirmed use on: lylat, yoshi's island, delfino (all non-platform slopes, even the arch/beach), I think there was somewhere in castle siege, distant planet, and corneria on both sides (yeah, I've actually seen tourneys with this legal lmao)

Sharky

Smash Master
yes, I'm mainly using this for aerial use/the stars. the djc slide is for when you're already grounded of course.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
It was a SH Egg > Usmash. The time where the egg hit gave him a frame advantage for a legit combo. It's just not very safe to pull off since you're really open.

Imma try to abuse this in matches and see how it works. I'm guessing it's gonna be good for a landing opponent, since the egg can eat their airdodge.

Fingerp@ss

Smash Cadet
I did a SH ET. You CAN do it with the DJC, but it's riskier. Both methods are dumb risky, and if someone can find a way to make this work safer, then I'd be happy to spill what all this does for us (Killing wise and combo wise).

~Mieu
I tried incorporating this earlier this year and used it quite frequently but ended up not working too well, in my cases anyways. Majority of the time the oppnent ends up shielding the egg and whatever attack you try following up with. If you see the opponent shielding the egg you can egg lay them or DJ away into another egg toss.

Sharky

Smash Master
same here. I prefer to space the egg in front of the opponent, though, so I'm a little further back/in a safer position in case it goes wrong.

bigman40

Smash Master
If they shield the egg, you can practically grab them with a pivot grab. If done correctly, you can grab them before they can com out of block stun.

~Mieu

bigman40

Smash Master
sounds about right, only difference is a dash grab in my case.
Which asks for a much more strict timing for the egg to hit in relation to when you regain control. Dash grab comes out in 12 frames, so you have to be much more accurate than normal to get the guarantee.

~Mieu

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm not sure about what kind of situation this kind of set-up would be safe for. Maybe to punish landing lag...?

:069:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Situations I can think of:

Punish landing lag.
To beat an aerial and punish
To punish a whiffed move with the extra damage of an egg + an attack/grab, hopefully a KO if percents are right.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll give you guys a little more information about it then.

@0% - 30/40%:

The egg leaves enough stun time for all smashes, tilts, and jabs.

@50%-100%:

The egg leaves enough stun time for Uair, Nair, Bair (hard to do this correctly), Usmash, and Fair (only from about 60/70% - 100%).

@???% (Around 110%+) When opponent can airdodge to break hitstun:

The egg leaves enough stun time for Uair, Nair, Usmash.

When egg is shielded:

The egg leaves enough stun time for a Pivot grab.

Now, do not forget that this is a variable amount of frame advantage due to when the egg lands/explodes. So some things might not be guaranteed if done incorrectly.

~Mieu

auroreon

Smash Ace
Too risky for use most of the time I think, but I can deffinatly see it being a nice little thing to pull out every now and then when the situation arises. Little things like that help to keep it fresh.

PZ

Smash Lord
combo

can some1 help me? i want to show this 10 sec yoshi combo but idk how to upload i can record vids with my mom's logitech camera but i cant upload for some reason but it was gonna start as a short combo but my friend didnt let me munch so i took out his 1stock n 10 secs i fill sry for his jiggz that kind of murder was mean well anyway some1 with a youtube account give me ur brawl fc n wii no. then ill give u mine so u can upload that beastly combo :laugh:

bigman40

Smash Master
can some1 help me? i want to show this 10 sec yoshi combo but idk how to upload i can record vids with my mom's logitech camera but i cant upload for some reason but it was gonna start as a short combo but my friend didnt let me munch so i took out his 1stock n 10 secs i fill sry for his jiggz that kind of murder was mean well anyway some1 with a youtube account give me ur brawl fc n wii no. then ill give u mine so u can upload that beastly combo :laugh:
If you have a Youtube account, you can just upload it there. Granted that you have to have the video in the correct format for Youtube to accept it.

PS: It would help if you use grammar man. It was hella hard to read the rest of your post.

~Mieu

Airborne

Smash Lord
nevermind I figured it out hey check this video hope you like it by the way it was a lot of blur im gonna get a camera more reliable 1 day plus i was holdin the camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw9OZb3MbZE
wow.... that jab canceled fair spike looked pretty **** nice.... o.O not gonna lie.

btw, be careful about double posting; mods don't like it, since people are suspected to do it in order to increase their post count, and they may infract or give warnings out if they see it more than once in a short amount of time. =\

Top Bottom