• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
'08-09 Str8 Rippin was a terrible team. Best team was WaLKa, Fonzi, Foulacy and Blackjack.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
2nd time you posted I feel bad I'll look at yours

so im typing as I watch

1. Just because you have tap jump off doesn't mean you should shuttle loop when you're falling in the air next to someone LMAO. Landing and making a read or nado have much better risk reward most of the time.
2. Because you shuttle loop that much, it's so stale it doesnt kill and now it's so stale it won't beat cypher
3. try to get under your opponents to juggle them because you're letting him land by just nading with his back to you a lot
4. you approach to much from glide // 45 vertical angles, it's good but theres no mixup ntm you don't even nade ever from it

now you're just flustered and dashing into everything torwards the end

like I wrote #1 after watching the first shuttle loop but really.... you use the move like. insanely to much. nado/nair deal MUCH more damage, keep it fresh for when you need it to gimp/kill snake and aren't as punishable if you're juggling him properly. you have to expand your moveset past a few moves if you really want to succeed with him lol, other than that I would just focus on #4.

Like. I don't think you ftilted/faired ONCE. not that they are god and jesus in this MU but... I seriously don't remember a single one. Just shuttle. You used dtilt in like 1 or 2 situations. You got a few good grabs in but the followups need to be better as well

ill watch game 2/3 later today if I get the chance but before I do others

Exdeath

Smash Master
1:00 is one of the most obvious examples

even if you missed the gimp, he was CLEARLY in an awful position. dtilt his shield, nado whatever but Take Advantage of the Situation. instead you just walk away, giving halzy time to think about the situation he was in.
I walked away because I expected him to roll. I figured that if he rolled and I didn't punish, he would have stage control and I'd have to approach him at neutral. If I tried to punish it and he didn't roll, he'd still be at the edge of the stage and put himself into a bad position if I just walked back at him (which he did).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm not the most apropiate to critique but....

IMO, both of you were too impatient, overly aggresive and risky. You can notice both were punished a lot of times after wiffing attacks.
Do not try to look THAT unnecessarily flashy.
And WTF with all that ASL spam (that got punished in the end)?

Just learn to be overall more patient.

y tu tag suckea :v

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I wound up winning this set, but Blue Rogue completely **** on my mk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQwiTBY3R_Y&feature=related

It was the only game I went mk in this set(was a losers finals B05). He cpd fd, so I didnt want to have to do fox/falco vs icies.
0:06 - Why the SL? As you can see you got punished for it.

0:10 - Wario is easily capable of getting out of nado and he can punish it fairly well if it isn't retreated. The most Wario can do to a retreated nado is DACUS.

0:14 - Bad grab. Dash attack would have punished him and you would've relatively more safe.

0:19 - Always retreat Fairs if he is shielding. He can't punish them with OoS aerials.

0:30 - Another un-retreated nado.

0:33 - If you're ever in that position just DI away from the ledge and Uair. It's really the safest option you have.

0:38 - If Wario is ever on the ledge, just wait for him to do something. You can frametrap pretty much anything he does with Fair. Rushing in like that put you in a bad position.

0:49 - Drill Rush? You're lucky you managed to make it work somewhat to your advantage.

0:52 - Ftilt would have worked more to your advantage than Dtilt.

0:58 - Why the Shuttle Loop? You should've went for the ledge. You would have been relatively safer and had more options.

1:09 - Yet another bad nado. As you can see, it cost you.

1:23/1:44 - Starting from 1:23. You really shouldn't be chasing Wario that far into the air. His air speed far exceeds MK's and you should really be camping the his landing since he's more than likely gonna airdodge, Dair or Bite as a defense. From that point on he pretty much capitalized on that and read/baited your defense. Such as the SL you went for at 1:38 that almost got you pooped on.

1:50 - Yet another bad SL that you surprisingly didn't get punished for.

1:56 - Gliding towards the stage against Wario is a horrible idea. The worst that can happen to him is clanking with glide attack. The worst that can happen to you is getting farted on. Which would kill you from that point just like that Nair.

2:00/Game - You played pretty brainlessly. You were basically just looking for the kill and he capitalized fully on that. 2:29 you had an opportunity to smack him with a Fair or Nair. 2:40 he made you eat a bike for gliding. 2:49 good scary face. It got you a kill.

First, you REALLY need to work on your vertical spacing. Your nadoes were all bordering ground level and you successfully retreated none of them. Most of which got you punished hard. Secondly, lay off the hair trigger SLs. You're throwing them out on the hope that he overly committed to an approach and you got smacked for all but 2 of them. Thirdly, you should apply better ledge pressure than Fsmash > Dtilt. Dtilt really only works at low percents or when you're in the lead. If you're close, you should be using WAY more Ftilt and retreated SH Fairs.

Don't rush into Wario, ever. You're in a far better position than he is because you have ways to punish him for doing his typical BnBs. Wario can't contend with a MK that focuses on playing grounded and spacing SH aerials. You frametrap the majority of his approaches and you can play Wallknight when you're in the lead. Which he has a hard time dealing with.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I guess since I didn't get any critique I did everything perfect and I'm the best MK ;D
Why would you expect someone to spend the time critiquing a match when you specifically said that you played differently from normal?

Regardless, you need to work on spacing your aerials and straying away from such generic/semi-safe options (like DJ>Fair vs a grounded Falco). You need to incorporate traps/coverage over going for mediocre greed (e.g. Froll>Dtilt over Froll>Dsmash). Most of the time you would have been better off auto-canceling an Up-B onto the platform instead of Down-B (which you were spacing poorly and predictably; P-3 had a lot of opportunities to add free damage).

Player-1

Smash Legend
I didn't say that you said always, I just disagree that down-b would have been better most of the time since it assured i wouldn't have gotten hit while up-b didn't.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Why would you expect someone to spend the time critiquing a match when you specifically said that you played differently from normal?

Regardless, you need to work on spacing your aerials and straying away from such generic/semi-safe options (like DJ>Fair vs a grounded Falco). You need to incorporate traps/coverage over going for mediocre greed (e.g. Froll>Dtilt over Froll>Dsmash). Most of the time you would have been better off auto-canceling an Up-B onto the platform instead of Down-B (which you were spacing poorly and predictably; P-3 had a lot of opportunities to add free damage).
no

more lazers

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
Here ya go Grill me please and thanks, Im NAPOS
You are Metaknight, don't stay at the ground... you have Dair, Fair, Nair... use that attacks... don't just Froll and grab. In the 1st stock you try to recover with a sideB, but you go directly to marth... he use Fsmash but.. he just can be used Counter. In my opinion the best way to get back to stage vs Marth is go to ledge... and some tornado (don't hit, just go to the other side) or plank a little. In the ground if you insist.. use Dtilt and Ftilt.
I can't help so much... i'm not a good mk... that's why i'm here too xD

Hope someone critique this video.... Is a Winners Finales set. so is a serious set and i play the best i can.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WuRDe60k3I

In 4 of the 5 matchs I use Metaknight, just the 4th I use Snake, so you can ignore that match.

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
This is from the same tourney I posted that match vs blue rogue.

This is a different wario though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLtbyp6A5lY&feature=channel_video_title

Game 2 I went Falco because he cp'd fd, so this is the only game with mk.
on a stage like bf or any stage with a lot platforms. When you go into free fall after a nado or up b, try to fas fall throug platforms. Wario ***** you with up air if you land on platforms from a free fall. I learned that through judges wario.

:phone:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hey!
This is not me, but a friend, Chai, who I'd like you guys to help:

She won both games, but she got pretty lucky... Anyways:
Match 1
Match 2

Any input is appreciated.

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
- Stops complaining about my mk being terrible and nobody helping anyone on an mk critique thread-

Calling people out for complaining is more effective than putting in some input yourself /calls out hypocrit

C.J.

Smash Master
[COLLAPSE="Billy"]Yoshi can only upB on the ledge 5 times before needing the get back onto the stage

Grab more

You jump too much

When he’s throwing eggs at you, you don’t need to be trying to dodge them in the air. Get on the ground, walk and PS. If you’re close enough, dash grab him

Quit gliding badly. Especially out of SL. Either immediately cancel it, or glide past his super telegraphed usmash.

It really doesn’t seem like you’re putting all that much thought into your dairs. You should be getting uaired for those… a LOT.

You can’t shield poke Yoshi. If you hit his shield, your primary goal becomes landing safely

You REALLY need to FF your aerials more

Space your glide attacks better. While Yoshi isn’t all THAT effective at punishing you for them, it’s still a very good habit to get into doing.

You’re playing in two pretty different ways, lol. Go back and watch the match. Watch how you play the first minute and 40 seconds and how you play from 2:35 until 4:25. Do you really not see the difference between those 2 sections and the rest of the match? If you don’t, keep watching the game over and over again, lol.
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="T.O. JOE"]SDI Fox’s fair straight down. It’s amazingly simple and gives you a free nair/uair

Nado/nair his sideB. It’s noticeably slower than Falco’s so it shouldn’t be too hard to do on reaction

Try not to land w/ dairs. If you miss it’s a free usmash/grab for fox.

If DK’s on a platform and you just hit his shield w/ uair/nair, just nado. Guaranteed shield poke, easily.

Don’t jump as much vs. DK. His ftilt and to a lesser extent his utilt makes for a nice antiair plus the **** his dsmash can be

Grabs are **** though

Grounded in general >>> DK

If DK is over 100%, don’t even bother w/ him offstage unless he‘s a good bit below you. Just let him get to the ledge and molest him from there till he dies

Dthrow > dsmash at lower %s

Don’t overextend yourself. DK relies so heavily in “run into my super strong attack!” to win in so many MUs. Take that away from him and you will destroy him

You use nair as an approach tool.. A lot. It’s an amazing punish out of shield that you barely use at all though, lol.

I’m… really not sure what you’re looking for. You ***** them all 3 games so w/e[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Chai"]SL their Nado OOS.

Nado as a recovery unless absolutely necessary is bad in the ditto (when they‘re grounded), especially a mashed one. It’s a free SL/uair for them

Why does she keep charging fsmash when he’s right above/below her? She’s just letting herself get hit

Seriously, she needs to learn to punish nados

Learn how to control nado better. Keep them in the corners of the nado, or don’t mash it so they don’t have the opportunity to get out

Really good stage knowledge on PTAD

Angle your glide attacks better

Mix-up on the ftilts/timings more.

WAAYY too many SLs

Drill Rush/DC to recover instead of SL

SH more, FH a LOT less[/COLLAPSE]

Player-4

See you in 25 years
- Stops complaining about my mk being terrible and nobody helping anyone on an mk critique thread-

Calling people out for complaining is more effective than putting in some input yourself /calls out hypocrit
Lmao at calling me a hypocrite, I'm here to steer threads in the right direction and keep things flowing, critiquing vids isn't my thing, I have too many more important things to be doing, that's what this community is for. Just quit whining and be patient, someone will get to them *sees CJ's post*

Top Bottom