• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victory is My Destiny - MK Video and Critique Thread

C.J.

Smash Master
See pointless arguing
Critique vids to try to get the thread back on track
Fail miserably
Walk away

billybeegood

Smash Apprentice
Plz reply with one more meaningless comeback, I've already said I'm trying to get this thread back on track, so reply with anything else that's not constructive and it will be marked for spam, count on it.
I guess I'll have to oblige to keep this on track, but you're wording is basically troll baiting me LMAO

CJ I liked how you put my jumping habit to light, I went back to a few other videos from the same tournament and realized just how obvious it was and how it was hurting my mix ups. and fastfalling areials is definitly something I should be working on

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Thanks a lot, CJ.

Chai normally recovers well, IDK why she kept making those mistakes on match 2.
And I pretty much obligued her to play on PTAD, Pictochat, Green Greens, Pirate Ship and others. At this point, she knows a lot about stages...
As for everything else, I'll tell her.

lilseph, I can tell few things about your videos, specially because I'm not experienced at many MUs like Diddy, Marth or Wolf.... But I can easily tell you lost your focus so easy.
You rush into stuff when you lost the stock against Falco, looking for killing him as soon as posible, but just recieving many unnecessary damage instead. You just needed more patience there.
Also, most of the time Diddy will have a banana looking for a punish. Be careful about that.

Tesh

Smash Hero

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Dragon-

Smash Rookie
this matches are form october 31st, I hope you can help me criticizing my overall game and some MUs details, any critique is welcome and I will take in count to improve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuPmf_cdy-o

Matches 2, 4, 6 and 8 are the ones where I lose, the time when everyone start are on the description of the video.
can you give me any advice to improve?

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
Hola Dragon :3
Vi nada más la segunda pelea, bastante bien tu mk pero tenés que aprenderte mejor el MU contra olimar, fijate en las peleas de m2k (cuando juega bien xD) que los pikmin casi ni le llegan porque los mata en el aire, te suman mucho %. Otra cosa que noté es que no cambiabas tu estilo de juego dependiendo la situación, más en un stage como Castle Siege que cambia, en la primer parte podés tener un juego más ofensivo, pero la segunda te conviene campear porque a Olimar le cuesta llegar arriba sin recibir golpes, además que si te hace un grab cerca de los bordes podes morir. No te vi usar mucho el dtilt, contra Olimar es una muy buena opción. Después si se me ocurre algo más te digo, espero que te sirva.

Roller

Smash Legend
I thought you were maining D3 now...

I can help you more on skype, but a few basic things which you NEED to work on.

Work on your spacing. You are spacing horribly in this vid. you miss a ton of punishment opportunities, as well as are punished for stupid stuff due to this.

Be cognisant of where Snakes C4 and grenades are. You ran/DI'd straight into it over and over. Be aware of your surroundings.

Don't just throw out moves for no reason. You tornado a mile above his head/on the other side of the stage from him a ton of times. ...Why? That's an easy punish for him.

When you knock him off the stage, or he cyphers high above the stage, chase him. Don't just let him get back. You're :metaknight:...

Use more shuttle loop.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
The fact that I main D3 now doesn't mean I don't want to improve my PocketKnight as well, but thanks for the advice. :)

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
If you wanted an "easier" MU, stick to your Pikachu. srsly.
MK v. Snake is very complex and needs lots of practice....

I only watched match 1.
I liked your Battlefield platform camping.
Then you planked wrong.
Then you eated LOTS of Ftilts and grenades (in your last stock you got like 99% in 30 seconds).

Shuttle Loop Cypher when he starts it, is more reliable than Nair
Dair might be even better if you space it well... and it is fresh.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I know you are a better MK playing a better ZSS than I do, but it looked like you didn't get the matchup at all. You kept running into or trying to nado her whip. You kept trying to grab Dsmash (just Up B or roll behind her) when you were not close enough (you really need a running shield grab to counteract the shieldpush). He was covering the ground alot of times when you were in the air and could have just nadoed him. Dealing with ZSS offstage, you really need to learn how to properly edgeguard her so you don't get spiked by her flip kick. It takes some practice but you wanna watch some other MKs do it right so you know what to look for.

Her OoS game against short characters is really slow, so when you get close, feel free to abuse that. MK is too short to get him by pretty much any aerials OoS.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
oh yeah, now that I watched it again I saw a lot wtf things lol

still I also believe the MU is not easy, but I still needed to know what I'm doing wrong ._.

I hope I get more critiques/advice ;)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Can someone please help me out with the Snake Matchup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33GeL_UOk2M

:phone:
stop just dashing in all the time
work on your techskill your guaranteed followups need work.
the snake gets away with way to much airdodging
focus on staying underneath snake and not doing random **** when juggling
stop nairing at him when he's above you, nair is a punish or combo type move, not a juggler. just uair or wait -edit same goes for nado
spacing overall is poor vs grenades
no idea where c4s are, let alone other explosives ever

M@v

Subarashii!

Willz-LC

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, just wondering if you could give some critique on my MK. Mainly been using him as just a counter-pick character (:troll:), but I want to main him now as he's one of the only characters I find fun to use in Brawl.

Here's a few recent matches of me at a tournament vs. a decent snake mainer
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xy9iadYwN8
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sam9R7-qm6k
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn-FrsL3hcA

I know my MK isn't the best (I mainly use Snake, Falco and C.Falcon), but I want to change that and become the best MK in the UK. :)

Btw guys, MK is NOT banned in Europe, which is why I am playing him. I also think that you Americans are stupid for banning him :L

Orion*

Smash Researcher
stop doing your attacks from like the other side of the stage
/nado/glides/dashattack

like I think I could literally stand still and react to everything you're doing with DDD or some ish at that range. MK is a zoning character, you don't have a tipper but there's a range where you can poke at snake that's fairly safe.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You should always learn to approach. If you don't have the lead and someone decides to camp you it's like an auto loss or relying on them being bad if you need/want to.

As for options if I just wrote them down for you you wouldn't learn anything. There are videos of some amazing metaknights clearly available on youtube, and even better there's self experimenting and practice. The only thing I will say is learn to mix it up, because there will never be "one" gdlk option that will answer all your problems. So the more options you know, even if you choose not to use them is just one more option your opponent has to expect/respect.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
BlackGold:

You need to work on shorthopping, and technical skill all around.

I would suggest hitting up training mode, and just messing around with pivot SH fairs, dairs, ect.

Offstage, don't just throw out random Uairs hoping for them to hit, a whiffed attack is an opening for the most part, always remember that. You need WAAAAAAAAAY less uair, it's unsafe to jump over the stage with uair, you want to use it below the edge.

Actually, you tend to jump and use uair a lot which is bad in the ditto, for the ditto you basically want to get the other MK above you, and punish them trying to come down since he only has like 3 landing options. Ftilt is your best friend, but don't do a full fast one on a shield. If you hit a shield with ftilt, try to slow it down near the end to bait a spotdodge, or a shield drop.

Work on not being so predictable with your recovery, Shuttle Loop isn't the best in the ditto(but can be useful) But dimensional cape is the safest, and most utilized. Nado is also decent if you space it worrectly, it all comes with waiting out the opponent so you don't get gimped super low. Try to keep SL to a minimum unless you can get a guaranteed hit on the opponent.(mainly in the ditto, but it's never to be overused)

Don't get too greedy when the other MK is at the edge, just wait for him to come to you, because he's either gonna nado, fair, or airdodeg onto the stage most likely. And all of MK's sword attacks(other than glide attack) beat nado.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
learn to use and abuse item's is key in this mu
try to get 1 banana and take care of the fact that he does not get it back.
try to be defensive if diddy has 2 banana's and uproach hard when he has none.

Top Bottom