• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Earl has improved ridiculously in the past month or so, it'll be interesting to see that M/U Attila.
i wont lose to an australian mk. i can beat a few *** top 10 mks about 50% of the time. know that mu like the back of my hand, and have actively developed my playstyle around it. unless he's picked up another character in the past month also, its not happening. soz.

Attila_

BRoomer
did chris and earl play at rocky? id be interested to see who wins there actually...

from my experience, they represent very opposite ends of the spectrum. chris is aggressive and forceful, while earl is patient and deliberate. mk can do very well either way. but which is ultimately better?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Earl's imo.

His patient style isn't as prone to making errors. Chris tends to make the wrong move more often than Earl from my experience. Hell, Earl's MK is the only one in Aus to actually "defeat" my Ness to this day. Because there's far less for this bad character to successfully punish.

Attila_

BRoomer
chris has beaten my snake in a number of sets, whereas earl never has. too much breathing room and time to think imo.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I suppose in a way, their playstyles affect a variety of matchups differently. No breathing room is a plus for the Snake matchup, but against a Ness, aggressiveness is just asking to be walled by fair.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
i wont lose to an australian mk. i can beat a few *** top 10 mks about 50% of the time. know that mu like the back of my hand, and have actively developed my playstyle around it. unless he's picked up another character in the past month also, its not happening. soz.
Word on the street is that Earl is picking up/using ZSS.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Since nothings happened yet I'll get the ball rolling. Dekar for #1 - just putting it out there.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll just be seeding people so a PR is not needed, but feel free to go and make one anyway. I won't be leading such a project.

Splice

Smash Hero
I BELIEVE THIS NEEDS TO BE UPDATED NOW THAT WE HAVE HAD 2 TOURNAMENTS SINCE THIS THREAD COMMENCED AND OVER 3 MONTHS (I'm pretty sure, don't actually know ;D)

Do we need to decide on a new panel for this discussion?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll wait for 1 more Brawl tournament before I invite old and new panelists for discussion.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I think it would be better to update the PR before the next tourney, since it's obvious from the results that things have changed alot, and the PR is what we use to seed the pools, so it would be optimal to make it as accurate as possible.

Attila_

BRoomer
doubles and singles are completely different... and there are heaps of errors on the list. problem is, but changing it now, there will still be quite a few errors... it will be clearer in a month or two's time. imo anyway. that being said, im not fussed either way. a pr list is just a list. it doesnt mean too much.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
either way, nicks should be way way higher on the list then 15, he's way better then that

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Updated with new Melee VPRs:

Updated - February 13, 2010 (Melee)

PANELISTS : Redact - Emily - Dekar - Tak (Melee)

The panelists have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.

POSITION CRITERIA
Tournament performance - It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated, who they lost to and the character selections they rely on. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances over history and of recent times.
Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
Calibre of competition - It's great that you can win a local high school tournament, but if there's no good there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
Players must be a current resident of Victoria.

Melee

1. CAOTIC (Peach)
2. Dekar (Jigglypuff/Marth)
3. Emily (Sheik)
4. Redact (Falco)
5. Tak (Fox)
6. Mikul (Captain Falcon/Marth)
7. Atticus (Marth)
8. Tibs (Doctor Mario)
9. Timic (Ice Climbers)
10. Toshi (Fox)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Updated with new Melee VPRs:

Updated - February 13, 2010 (Melee)

PANELISTS : Redact - Emily - Dekar - Tak (Melee)

The panelists have assembled an up-to-date ranking system, where players can refer to and get a general idea of the regions top Smashers. This aims to stimulate the community to improve the overall skill level, as well as encourage tournament attendance for those who feel overlooked. If you have any queries concerning the rankings, feel free to PM any one of us. It's solely up to the community to determine whether or not the list is accurate enough to be considered 'official.' Updates will likely be conducted immediately after major or regional tournaments.

POSITION CRITERIA
Tournament performance - It's not only about how high a person placed, but rather who they defeated, who they lost to and the character selections they rely on. Rankings take into consideration a person's collective Singles performances over history and of recent times.
Consistency of Results - Self explanatory, but nonetheless I'll explain. If a person has done well or poorly in a singular tournament, it is not enough to warrant a major shift in their respective rank. On the other hand, a person who has continually produced similar results over many tournaments will be assessed accordingly.
Calibre of competition - It's great that you can win a local high school tournament, but if there's no good there, don't expect it to boost your ranking. Tournaments which have highly ranked or respected participants (from either local or out of state regions) will be given greater weight.
Players must be a current resident of Victoria.

Melee

1. CAOTIC (Peach)
2. Dekar (Jigglypuff/Marth)
3. Emily (Sheik)
4. Redact (Falco)
5. Tak (Fox)
6. Mikul (Captain Falcon/Marth)
7. Atticus (Marth)
8. Tibs (Doctor Mario)
9. Timic (Ice Climbers)
10. Toshi (Fox)
<3