• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
The next PR will start being discussed after the first monthly (Feb 27th).

Even though I can probably come up with an accurate list in my head right now.

Splice

Smash Hero
1. Attila
2. Earl
3. Tibs
4. Splice
5. Afropony
6. Jei

I would imagine something like that.
Just sayin'. Except I main DK now so my position will slowly drop as you realise im staying with DK, and then ill sit at 8 or 9th methinks.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i can't believe you still don't think earl is number 1, splice.
whatever, if the panel can't agree that earl is number 1, you're crazy lol
i'm sure you will be overruled/convinced bill... i sincerely hope so anyway

Splice

Smash Hero
thats kinda hard to rate...
I mean theres this one girl I know (srsly...) :s

Dekar im just rating people of the criteria as stated within our PR, it doesnt directly represent my opinion geez. Thats why PR is stupid its bias left right and centre. For example the criteria would pretty easily put me above afro but make him play the game for 2 days and he'd get good, so i still think he's better than me. So if went off the criteria he's higher, and even i may believe more strongly in my opinion (well duh) then the whole things too subjective. lol PR is bad either way, every1 knows.

Earls only gonna get higher coz he is in permanent dragon mode now i seem, but by criteria, the outcome of PoO isnt enough to justify him being above Attila who's current record is hella legit.

On criteria, id have you like 7th or 8th. Personally though, if i were to bias, you wouldnt be on my PR.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Nothing against earl, but I played sh*t against him at tpoo. early sd then rage; he'll vouch for that too. will beat him next time ;)

it was also the first time earl placed higher than me at a tourney (that we both attended) for about a year (from memory).

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Dekar, half of the Melbournes PR is mostly biased to me anyway so I wouldnt take it seriously. But yes ... earl for top spot. If he isn't, ill punch the the ******** panelist that choose to place him lower :p

Nah they should make the right choices this time I hope. I remember like viva was Soo low and I thought wtf dude?

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
the bottom half of the PR is biased because tourney results of people in the bottom half isnt consistent enough. however the top half shouldnt be biased, it is obvious that earl should be no.1 since he has won every touney this year (POO and DGB)

Attila_

BRoomer
while i find it hard to justify why earl shouldnt be number one, its a hell of a lot closer than people make it out to be...

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
while i find it hard to justify why earl shouldnt be number one, its a hell of a lot closer than people make it out to be...
you should definately be no. 2 a'
however (please correct me if im wrong), earl has beaten you the last 3 times you've played eachother.

Therefore earl= no.1, a'=no.2 :)

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Top 3 is realistically very close in my opinion. Which is why the panelists are waiting until after the next tournament before updating I guess.

I also think 4th-5th is close between Aled and Billy, but after the lower half is kinda messy. Jei's probably 6th but solid arguments can be but forth imo for Toshi and Viva. Dekar is hella legit and should be somewhere from 7th-9th... then there's Leish/Conor/Nicks/me all fighting it out for 10th =(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats kinda hard to rate...
I mean theres this one girl I know (srsly...) :s
your a smash player, you dont know any girls.

if you guys still cant not be ****, you can always let the nsw pr panel do your pr for you ;)
offers always on the table.

Attila_

BRoomer
you should definately be no. 2 a'
however (please correct me if im wrong), earl has beaten you the last 3 times you've played eachother.

Therefore earl= no.1, a'=no.2 :)
he's beaten me twice in the past 8 or 9 months. once in an mm before rc, then again at tpoo.

my record against him is heavily in my favour. just btw.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
The point of a PR is current performance, not past performance.

Also i'm off the panel, and probs off the PR since i havent done a tourney this year.

Splice

Smash Hero
wrong conor is current performance and past performance. the last 9 months are still vaild lol especially since Attila still chills out around 2nd place when he does lose.

Since we're doing it after this tourney, than I think it WOULD be accurate to have Earl 1st if Earl wins.
If Attila wins, the criteria is already slightly in his favour.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a discussion though by stating my tihoughts of the placings, I just havent thought about ranking people for a while and wondered what it would be like using the criteria and judging from recent events

This thread should be closed anyway.

Attila_

BRoomer
The point of a PR is current performance, not past performance.

Also i'm off the panel, and probs off the PR since i havent done a tourney this year.
in which case we should change our PR after every tournament, in order to match the results.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Boyyyz, ill win this tourny no doubt.
Pr will be deadly accurate.
Dekar no 1 all the way to attila no 10

amirite?

Attila_

BRoomer
At this point in time, Tibor cannot beat earl. I'd like him to, but he doesnt know how yet.

He could beat me, however.

Also, every tourney over the last nine months except one is pretty significant IMO.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I'm flattered guys? Hm I shouldn't be panel because I'm usually wrong and this is probably one of the few times I'm going with a consensus, plus I'm typically probably not quite active enough =P

More emphasis is/should weighted on more recent tournaments, but it would be silly to completely discount the past. For example, going by the past two tournaments my results are better than, say, ViVa's. But ViVa has pretty much a whole year of consistent top 6/top 8 placings compared to my mediocrity over the same period, which is why pretty much everyone would agree ViVa > me on the Power Rankings...

Recent tournaments DO hold a fair bit of weight when the players are close together in terms of skill. Earl, Tibs and Attila have all been pretty close for a fair while so whenever the panel is updated the one with greater recent results should probably grab #1 since they are VERY hard to seperate outside of that... I'd be happy with them being tied for #1 in all honesty =)

Splice

Smash Hero
in which case we should change our PR after every tournament, in order to match the results.
lol conor get wrecked

Dean I don't think many people rate you below Viva your pretty not-terrible you know, you should stop thinking you are terrible cause you are actually good.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i agree, we should be updating prs after every tournament.
not joking.

i rate you below viva, dean. <3

Splice

Smash Hero
Update after every tourney would be nice and way more fun with the discussing too, but we shouldnt do it to totally match the most recent results as Attila jokingly suggested, of course :)

i rate you below dean, dekar. <3

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh obvs you don't put someone higher than someone else just because they finish higher in the msot recent tournament.
still use common sense... sometimes it wouldn't change at all.

i'm better than dean... mabes lol

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I don't really think I'm terrible (anymore, since I started using the penguin mostly) but I really haven't shown anything to be better than ViVa. Like, at all. Dat Mario.

That's mah man, Dekar. Splice, objectively speaking me and Dekar have very similar results and have beaten pretty much the same people over the past two tournaments, except he's beaten me head 2 head which would but him ahead of me. I know a Power Rankings can't be formed purely on data and the opinion of each panelist needs to be taken into account but... food for thought.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
except you've beaten viva head to head to head and i've lost to him twice i think...
but i knocked off toshiba and nicks last tourney B)
and i beat j-birds at poo pretty easily... nah he's a meleer now <3

but yeh viva > us both imo

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
On the flip side, you beat Nicks last tournament whereas he beat me (we both eliminated the player that sent the other to losers? lol).
I overlooked you went to PoO... you came 9th or something in a pretty decent bracket which defs gives more weight to your position... idk.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it would have been at least 7th if i hadn't ****ed up at the end of match 3 vs apollo (who's amazing zss i pumped)
then it woulda been me vs jei, which i've won the last few times and am very confident playing (though i KNOW he's the better player overall)

still hard to a see why you couldn't have gone as far as me if not further if given the same bracket

wow our dgb bracket results are funny
can me and dean just be equal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom