• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] Brawl Power Rankings (VERSION TEN) Updated LAST YEAR LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
!!NEW!!
VICTORIAN BRAWL POWER RANKINGS

PANELISTS: Afro, Jei, Dean, Splice
(Tibs was inactive)

Reasoning and notes:
Atila first - makes sense
Earl/Splice/Afro/Tibor - Earl has won a major and proved to have consistancy. He has only lost to the Baranyays recently, but beaten them too. Splice and Afropony are definitely one step behind him; coming close with him in all their sets against him. Splice has taken some games off Tibs and Earl within sets recently and come closer to taking sets, and that is why he is higher.

Tibors placement may seem a bit low at first, but this can be easily explained.
The players above him have shown to have a better consistency of only losing to players around their placement. Tibs has lost to Jei recently, and the sets players above him have lost were close. This ability to underpeform certainly has affected Tibs as a player.

Jei displayed a key mindset and patience when he beat Tibs, and has shown through his matches that he is really on the ball when he plays atm. It was close, but we have opted to put him above Toshiba. Jei and Toshiba both do decently against players above them, but even when Jei gets MU ***** and Toshiba has the advantage, they have shown similair results. This is not a big factor, but it does add weight to this decision.

Nixernator is also above Toshiba; he has come to 2 tournaments (out of 4) this year and is definitely going to keep up an attendance. He performed well at both tournaments and has shown a consistant ability to keep up against all players. At meets in friendlies, Nix has done very well against top ranked players such as Splice and Earl

Dean does not do as well as Nix does against such players, but is definitely improving. 9th at the moment, but I do see him rising, but this has only just started to shine through, and better judgement cannot surely be made as of yet.

Timic learnt IC's cgs really well and won almost as many games as he lost (still close) against Splice, Earl, Nix and Dean at a meet recently. Whilst this didn't quite trump any of those players, he definitely provided a greater hassle for them then other players have shown to in tournament, thus his placing, which will surely be justified at the April 30th tournament.

ALSO: A trollface or awesomeface indicates a MK main. For Toshi you can see it is Diddy and MK co-main.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
What happened to Leisha or Dekar? I thought they would make the list for sure.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Nicks : Nixernator has beaten Leisha and also scares top players more. Nix is defs deserving of spot.
Now Tim at 10 instead of Dekar was probs the hardest decision... but if Tim keeps it up I'm sure you'll all see at April 30th tournament.

@Tak: Tibs matches with other players have been close. Earl came 1st at TPoO so his spot above Tibs is deserved. Aled and I have close games with Tibs and we dont lose to Jei, and we dont travel OoS so less chance of placing high at a major, but Aled and I have always been just a step behind Tibs in placings (even ACL wasnt a big gap but yeah) and the fact Tibs can drop games like that is basically what pushes us above him.

@Dekar: I'm offended

@Attila: lol yeah I agree. Sorry about your name :E

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
hang on, its not a troll?

how is tibor not top three? he dropped a single set to jei, but other than that, hasnt lost to anyone but myself, earl and ted in the past eight months. he placed second at acl and the monthy before that, took a set off ted and beat earl in straight games.

i can understand if earl is second over him (tpoo, consistently good performance), but splice and afro too? not quite.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah, tibs should deffs be third, but I dont live in melbourne what would I know.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Do not agree with list.

One loss to Jei should not at all result in such a drop. Its said Splice and Afro come close in their sets with Tibs, but does that really matter? A loss is a loss, and Tibs doesnt have many outside Attila and Earl.

and I don't see Nix and Timic's placement at all. When does Timic actually place well? (or at least, above other contenders such as Leisha, Dekar, Nicks)

And how often does Nixernator actually attend a tourney?

Splice

Smash Hero
Nix has been attending; he just didnt come to ACL.

Timic has done well in friendlies outside of tournaments... but seriously well
More of a challenge for me then Dean, and they went even at my house the other day
Dekar was a very big contender against Tim for 10th
Maybe a PR match, Dekar vs Tim for 10th? I'm down with that
The decision WAS right down to the wire

I've explained Tibs placing before, and there are results of afro and I against Earl and Tibor from just before RC leading to right now where we have done well vs Tibs. My last set in tourney against Tibs was very close too, and aside from that he hasnt beaten me except for another unconvincing win at DGB, where I was only one spot below him iirc (couldnt be bothered checking right now)
Aled does better vs me than Tibs and that also adds some weight to how we considered Aled.
theres more but w/e

PR. enjoy.

MTGod

Smash Champion
The internet is no place for trolling Splice.

Splice
Sprice
Rice
Ric...?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
guys are you ********
it's obviously not the official new pr
it's not even on the op

Splice

Smash Hero
Uh yes it is official Dekar
Just coz you dont know anything about the Brawl scene lulz

Jei isnt online atm, so unless a mod would care to edit it in, we cant have it in the OP now.

derp.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
A for effort bill, but tibs below u and afro was goin too far
i liked timic as 10th though haha

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dude, I'm just gonna put this out there, splice, in my opinion at least, you overrate yourself and afro.
I've never really been too impressed with either of you, I mean your good but your not great, but tibor is a solid player.

the way I see it, you guys are like me, the worst of the best players in your scene.

The internet is no place for trolling Splice.

Splice
Sprice
Rice
Ric...?

oh MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
NAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

on a more serious note once more, if your PR is being heavily critqued by pretty much everyone, then maybe its time to admit you make a mistake somewhere.

Attila_

BRoomer
out of interest, when is the last time that splice/afro took a set off tibor? or whens the last time they outplaced him in tournament?

Splice

Smash Hero
@Luke: I feel pretty bad being compared to you as a player.

Also the PR is being critiqued mostly by people not heavily involved in our scene such as yourself and Dekar who doesn't know whats up at all.

@Attila: From memory the last time I placed higher than Tibs was the tourney before RC
However I was one spot behind him at Robocop, and one spot behind at the recent CW, and one spot behind at DGB. All the sets I played against him recently have been close though, and went down to last game, except at ACL. But that is the exception rather than the rule.
He has not ranked far higher than me at any point.
Our matches have been consistantly close and I have remained consistant against other players whereas he hasn't. The placing-in-tournament gap is notable but it is very small Attila.

The same applies for Afro pretty much, as our results are similair
but my 2 higher placings and my win against him at DGB put me above him.

Attila_

BRoomer
so you havent beaten him in over 6 months, either in a set or by placing...

but you're two spots above him?

this doesn't make sense. even if he dropped a set to jei, he still can second in that tourney. and came second in the one after that, 3-0ing earl and beating tedeth. when have either yourself or afro done that?

it's a bit of a joke.

also, timic is rubbish. dekar definitely deserves that spot.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
k let's talk srs for a sec
instead of this troll crap how about the panel updates the really outdated pr on the front page
lazy panelists...
why are splice and afro panelists anyway? wouldn't they have the same opinion on like everything lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol, like how attila isnt involved in your scene?
also I've had more involvement with you guys then just about any other out of state player.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
the sooner this pr gets updated the better... its pretty stupid.

for example, timic hasnt placed well at a tourney in ages. but because he apparently did ok in some friendlies last week he magically gets a spot on the pr.

last monthly (the tourney before ACL) i was meant to play timic in the bracket but timic forfeited the match because he believed that he had no chance of beating me and so he couldnt be bothered even playing the match. yet he is on the pr above me/dekar/leish .... LOL

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'd just like to point out that a loss is a loss and a win is a win and 'closeness' is never a strong arguement for things.
so putting somebody clearly ahead of another, just because somebody 'almost won' against somebody is very stupid.

in cases where the answer isnt clear cut and people are very close in rankings, what usually happens is they get tied spots.

this just reaks of personal bias.

Attila_

BRoomer
i didnt believe it until splice started justifying it.

and because i could see himself making up this pr list lololol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I think it was a practical joke...

so let me get this straight...

you decided it would be really funny, if you played a practical joke where you make yourself look like an ignorant ******?

well I can see how thats funny but...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Getting close to beating people is circumstantial evidence that is at least a two or tier below "who won the set".

I really think the panel's naivety and egos have kinda shot themselves in the foot. haha

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
k let's talk srs for a sec
instead of this troll crap how about the panel updates the really outdated pr on the front page
lazy panelists...
why are splice and afro panelists anyway? wouldn't they have the same opinion on like everything lol
An update is close to happening. I'd expect it before the next tournament. Just waiting for Tibs' input.
Hope you had fun last night Bill... you're apparently rather convincing in your trolls.
I mean c'mon guys, Melbourne isn't that stupid... I hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom