• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC] 3 Stock'd ~ Melbourne 2010 ~ Nope

swordsaint

Smash Master
Whenever I played Snake and actually liked using him, I was an aggressive Snake, and it sorta worked Attila. I'm not saying my Snake's better, or even good anymore, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe you're doing something wrong to get timed out? Maybe you're losing to defensive players because your offensive game is bad? You spend so much time whining about how you have to play defensive to keep up with everyone else, that I've never actually seen you say something like, "Oh, his defensive game is really good. My offense just didn't match up." Instead all I see is you blaming the character and the game for your own shortcomings. Stop being butt hurt because there's an aspect of the game you're not good at yet, and "get better [at it]".

You play the second best character in the game for gods sake, and you're whining about how you lost to a Link and blaming your character and the game (note: the tier list was based off the same game). Man up. Scabe's a beast.

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
melbourne brawl was fun a year ago,
the "better" you get at brawl, the less fun it becomes.

and melbourne is getting really good :p

tibs7

Smash Champion
Scotty boy, Attila wasn't whining about losing to scabe at all..........but I do agree that he says snake isn't that good which is lulz.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Scotty boy, Attila wasn't whining about losing to scabe at all..........but I do agree that he says snake isn't that good which is lulz.
There was a post last page I skimmed over and saw him mentioning Scabe running away, and Snake can't approach Link and Snake's bad and wah wah wah.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
i was aggressive. snake cant camp link.
and aggressive snake is horrible snake.

luke post: lololol get better, you can so camp link, its not really that hard (unless its scabe, but even then its still do-able)

also agressive snake is ****, so why be agressive? I'm never agressive and I've only ever been timed out once in a tourney (in singles at least)

Toby.

Smash Master
When both players operate with the intent to time out, it becomes a very complex game of tag. That can actually be fun if your opponent isn't MK.

Fun for me anyway. Whenever I've done it with JP or Ricky it has been pretty lols.

That having been said I haven't done so in tournament, because there's a little bit more on the line in those situations. Makes it a bit harder to enjoy ;)

<3

(Is assuming that Shaya came last today because of extreme sleep deprivation.) Better luck next time JP!

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Tibs is probably No. 1 as per usual.
Anyway, Vermy, congrats. <3
Get PDA and add me. If you like the game, that is. ^_^

Vermy

Smash Champion
C~Dog post: Results!

1 - Afro/Shaya/Amaterasu/Splice/Tibs/Earl
7 - M2K
7 - Jesus (Aka Vermy's red xbox. Note: Pronounce Jesus as if it were in Spanish. "Esoos")

Splice

Smash Hero
So the tournament didn't finish? What happened, ran out of time or something?
lol. Yeah, pretty much. :laugh:
Security guy came in and was all like "GTFO".
All the people in winners bracket (3 people) had 1st place money split even between them. All people in losers bracket(3 people) had 2nd and 3rd place money added together and split between them.

Afropony was furtherest ahead in the winners bracket with a definite third place at least. Shaya and Amaterasu not far behind.

@Earl: I didn't know Melee was still going D= that sucks.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
just gonna put it out there that now people dont approach me even when i have the percent lead guys, cause they know at some point ill get annoyed and run in. nice work guys.

Whenever I played Snake and actually liked using him, I was an aggressive Snake, and it sorta worked Attila. I'm not saying my Snake's better, or even good anymore, but have you ever stopped to think that maybe you're doing something wrong to get timed out? Maybe you're losing to defensive players because your offensive game is bad? You spend so much time whining about how you have to play defensive to keep up with everyone else, that I've never actually seen you say something like, "Oh, his defensive game is really good. My offense just didn't match up." Instead all I see is you blaming the character and the game for your own shortcomings. Stop being butt hurt because there's an aspect of the game you're not good at yet, and "get better [at it]".

You play the second best character in the game for gods sake, and you're whining about how you lost to a Link and blaming your character and the game (note: the tier list was based off the same game). Man up. Scabe's a beast.
There was a post last page I skimmed over and saw him mentioning Scabe running away, and Snake can't approach Link and Snake's bad and wah wah wah.
i never said snake cant approach link. i said he camped, and he ran away when i approached. i didnt say this wasnt legit, or that scabe isnt good. but i did say that it is annoying (which, to me, it is).

melbourne brawl was fun a year ago,
the "better" you get at brawl, the less fun it becomes.

and melbourne is getting really good :p
yes to point one, no to point two.

luke post: lololol get better, you can so camp link, its not really that hard (unless its scabe, but even then its still do-able)

also agressive snake is ****, so why be agressive? I'm never agressive and I've only ever been timed out once in a tourney (in singles at least)
aggressive snake is more fun. everyone seems to be missing that point.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
who cares about timeouts, just play how you want =). Lol i play rob and sometimes go aggressive for lulz just because its more fun that way.

If people time you out attila, just punch them in the face =P I punch people if they spam tornado on me too much ^_^

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
lawwwl yeah might be a bit extreme, maybe just lightly punch them in the shoulder or something xD

speaking of tournaments, i wont get to go to one for ages sadly x-x

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
Yeah timeouts are dumb I don't think any of my matches have gone to time although Ted tried to timeout my Ike on Brinstar which I thought was slightly unnecessary since he was going to win anyway. I know it would make sense for me to try and time people out with MK, but that is no fun.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I agree that timeouts are silly, though I've never been timed out myself. This might be because of my play often gets overly aggressive and impatient, I'm not sure. I don't have grenades or anything really to force approaches, or anything that allows me to do whatever when I have a percent lead. Eventually I'll go in and sometimes I'll get punished due to my lack of thought due to frustration.

I don't really know where I'm going with this... I feel that Snake has similar options to DK on approach minus some of the aerial game, but instead with various explosives. I don't feel an approaching Snake is in a particularly bad position if he doesn't rush it and uses grenades and such in combination with his ridic range. If they run away you can have your stage set up with mines or w/e to limit where they can go anyway.

Zero

Smash Hero
I tried to timeout Ted once, there was a minute left (with me winning) and I suicided accidently last stock. Good riddance lmao.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Thoughts:

I had a great time at this monthly because I didn't have to organize and run most of this monthly (due to the Zombie Shuffle). It was presumptuous to think that the community would be able to time-manage itself, because by the time I got back, teams was still running for both games close to 6pm. The events should have started at 1pm, not 2-3pm. Participants should make the effort to ensure things run to schedule - and not sit on their backsides waiting for someone else to tell them what to do.

People were quick to point out that each game was hi-jacking the other and there weren't enough setups, but we had a total of 10-12 tvs amongst us. As per usual, several tvs were sitting idle and they weren't being used because people didn't bring setups.

So before people blame someone or something, think about the contributions they bring to the running of a smash tournament. I think this is a lesson for the Smash Community in Melbourne. I believe they are spoilt, slack with support and rely too much on the work of TOs who shouldn't have to be this subservient to others.

Of course, there are many helpers in the scene and I think them sincerely for it, but there's not nearly enough support sometimes, and this tournament showed it.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Well, whenever I go, i pretty much always bring along my console, and try to help brackets n such move on quicker. sometimes people just wait around too long which can be annoying

Vermy

Smash Champion
We aren't alienating singular people. There are those of you who bring gear without fail, every month. It's the community as a whole needs to get it's act together. Conor, Cao and myself do what we can, with all the CW TVs and our own TVs/Consoles. It's not hard to grab a backpack and put your wii/cube in it guys, really. So pull your fingers out your arses and do something about it instead of whinging that we didn't finish on time due to us TOs being "unorganised".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you think you can do a better job, start your own tournament series from scratch.

No? Then stfu and help. We're supposed to be the most tightly knit and biggest Smash community in Australia, start acting like it.

Top Bottom