• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Viability Ratings v2 | Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
So lame.....jokes. the update came promptly at 8:00 p.m Central Time Zone Chicago for me. Guess everyone should check their wii u.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
i'll test Toon Link and see if anything feels different, be back with you losers soon B)

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Can anyone tell how big the update is? Its downloading pretty fast for me, doesn't seem big, but even major changes aren't much data right? Just numbers being changed...

Replays being dead means we got SOME sort of gameplay changes. At the very least it means potential bug fixes.

Last edited:

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
bug fixes? i really hope they fixed :4mewtwo: because he is the buggiest mess to ever exist in a smash game aside from :mewtwomelee:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
ALRIGHT LISTEN GUYS. MARTH HAS ALREADY FOUND BUFFS. WHERE IS THE PATCH CHANGES THREAD?????

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Character's best and worst matchups?
The Dongcopter's worst matchup is Fox. Sheik may be a close second, but Fox was practically designed to beat the King of Swing. Ness also gives us a hard time.
Best matchup?
I'm tempted to say Bowser because of how hard he gets combo'd and his lack of landing options is good news for DK's great juggle game. I can't say for sure because I've never fought a competitive Bowser before.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
just gonna list some changes I think may have happened to tink, some might be placebo, IDK

-Toon Link's F-Smash feels like it links better
-Toon Link's bair seems to come out earlier
-knockback on toon links bair seems to be a bit more vertical(?) (not sure about this one since i hadn't used bair much before this patch)

thats what ive got so far, correct me if i seem wrong

DASH GRAB CONFIRMED 2 FRAMES FASTER THIS IS PERFECT

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Wait, damage reduced? How much damage does it do now, 0.5%?
Like, really, her fair was already pretty weak. Unless they make it do literally 1% (for trolling her with Gordo or something, IDK) I'm not sure what the point of nerfing its damage yet again would be.

Edit to clarify that I haven't finished downloading the update myself so this isn't a confirmation of the change. I'm just a bit baffled at the idea of another fair nerf.

Last edited:

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Kirby:
F-throw: 7% -> 5%, Launch angle appears to be more vertical as well. Combos into Fair, Uair, Final Cutter, and Upper Cutter! This improves his grab game significantly. Upper Cutter is a true combo at kill %s.

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
hahaha
it does about 4,33% (instead of 4,8%and 5%. (instead of 5,5%)
and it has 1-2 more landing lag.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
Guys PLEASE don't post anything you haven't tested yourself. And don't base your assumed changes on "feelings."
Test side by side or look up frame data. Be wary of placebo.
Thank you.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Okay I think the Greninja buff might have been placebo, I'm not sure anymore.

I think I finally fell victim to the placebo effect lol.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Kirby:
F-throw: 7% -> 5%, Launch angle appears to be more vertical as well. Combos into Fair, Uair, Final Cutter, and Upper Cutter! This improves his grab game significantly. Upper Cutter is a true combo at kill %s.
what

is this true

Somebody, please test this. I need more confirmation. wtf?

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Robin has down throw combos! Holy crap this is pretty big! Like it sends you nowhere at lower percents. This could be a huge boon to Robin.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well Robin got buff damage on Thunder and Elthunder and Down Throw pops them way less into the air so now Robin can get Down Throw to wind Jab. Now I'm testing out Falco stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom