• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah I heard. Kels posted something about he wishes he could always play that way.

ShroudedOne, is your picture supposed to be fatty Collette?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah I heard. Kels posted something about he wishes he could always play that way.

ShroudedOne, is your picture supposed to be fatty Collette?
Colette's not fat, dummy! :mad:

No, this is Lux, a League of Legends champion.

EDIT: Screw you, Wake. :mad:

Wake

Smash Master
haha It's much too late for edits.

Also, dealing with Kels' Fox with Peach seems extremely hard. I've never played him, but from what I've heard and seen about his style...

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So how do u guys work on speed? Clearly practrice and repeating moves/movements help, but i find being fast at techs against a cpu does not always translate. So anyone have any training methods to increase speed?

:phone:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
VaNz is good at this game. Kels is also good at this game. They both have very good, competitive styles. It is logical to guess that whoever's playing better between the two will probably win that day.

edit: VaNz did you use skill woman against Kels at all? If so, how did you find it? I only played him in friendlies at The Big House so I dunno if he was using his full gayness against me.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Ok guys so i right now have 3 major weaknesses in my game.

1: i roll to much. Something i am trying to get rid of through conditioning.

2: i am not as fast as i would like to be. Atm the only suggestion/thing i can think of is just to get faster through repetition.

3: i am not consistent enough. Any ideas how to fix this? Or is it just back to repetition?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea grinding is really the best way to get those things down! those things are solidified w/ time and practice

MacD

Banned via Administration
that takes me back to the days when i had to force myself to practice FC nairing and stuff

i remember one day i was at andres and he was eating lunch so i forced myself to practice some, good times, good times

also a good way is when you play against real people just spam them. like one time i just ran at people and approached every time with a FC nair just to practice them in games. it was really stupid annoying cause it was against marth but i stuck with it. granted, this works better if you are better than the person so you can get away with doing stupid things. if you are playing someone better than you, you'll probably just get extra frustrated

Cia

das kwl
VaNz is good at this game. Kels is also good at this game. They both have very good, competitive styles. It is logical to guess that whoever's playing better between the two will probably win that day.

edit: VaNz did you use skill woman against Kels at all? If so, how did you find it? I only played him in friendlies at The Big House so I dunno if he was using his full gayness against me.
I did use skill woman and I did better with her than my peach and puff. But kels didn't mess up a single dair > shine > usmash. No matter which direction I di'd the dair ._.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Macd i have thought about trying it in matches but i stop once i start losing (hate losing). But u r right that is a good way to practice it and next time i am going to stick with that so i get it down perfectly.

I am kinda getting called out so i need to improve faster to rep

Max?

Smash Champion
also a good way is when you play against real people just spam them. like one time i just ran at people and approached every time with a FC nair just to practice them in games. it was really stupid annoying cause it was against marth but i stuck with it. granted, this works better if you are better than the person so you can get away with doing stupid things. if you are playing someone better than you, you'll probably just get extra frustrated
I agree with this 100%. This is how I learned how to Usmash OOS consistently with Doc/Fox, and beat spacie shield pressure with it

Macd i have thought about trying it in matches but i stop once i start losing (hate losing). But u r right that is a good way to practice it and next time i am going to stick with that so i get it down perfectly.

I am kinda getting called out so i need to improve faster to rep

Losing, failing, getting punished for your mistakes, etc, is the only way to improve. If you're only playing to win, you will just get frustrated and never truly grow as a player when you lose (tho this applies outside of smash as well). Especially in friendlies, who cares if you win or lose? You should treat every match as a learning experience. Don't care about the results.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
True true. That is why last time i played i let my opponent get a free hit on me whenever i rolled stupidly and i stood by that the whole night which was good. Now the reason why i have to care about winning is b/c if i lose i have to wait on line which doesnt help at all.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
What's very frustrating for me is that I have a tendency to play much better in friendlies than in actual tournament matches.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Jigglypuff sleeps with everybody.

Also, when I approach I guess I should switch between doing fc nair, cc d-smash, shield, grab, and dash attack? That's actually a pretty wide range of options there.

VA

Smash Hero
Level 9 ganon just upBs out of nowhere all the time. So annoying.
Only if you WD, or do anything ever.

You can combo him if you're fast enough with nairs, I find it useful practice ^^_ drunk

Also, when do I use WD oos? All the time. All dai errrydai. Run up, shield WD back/forward. WD oos from one sided shield pressure to DA oh yeah.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Armada loves it against Marth, I think. It's also quite good against Sheik/Puff. Or even just for staying mobile with your shield.

Top Bottom