• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

darkatma

Smash Hero
Bah I really want to see why kelly ***** vanz so hard...
I'm gonna go peach on kelly and see what happens :p

Also don't worry about kels saying he was playing at his best... he oftentimes says that after **** lol.
Like when he 6-1ed me, he was like, whoo, that was the best i've ever played.
all you gotta do is get in his head and make him play scurred, then he's more predictable :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So i was Practicing low to the ground fast as i can fc nairs and while doing that i started to practice the same thing with fc upairs. I am not sure how many people use those or how useful they might be but they r really fun an Satisfying to do.

Also so far i think my fc nairs have been getting better, and i think i am meeting up with someone tomorrow so i will be able to test this out

:phone:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
But i dont just mean fc upair i mean pretend u r trying to see how many Aerials u can do in a min but instead of using nair u use upair. So no dtilt first just fc upair so u have no time to set up the float and move your hand to hit up air just as fast as u can.

Edit: like everyone knows u can fc up air after a dtilt or a dash attack and stuff (not sure if i am explaining what i mean correctly)

Wake

Smash Master
I thought he could've played better too, but I dunno, campy Foxes are hard to deal with anyways.

And ShroudedOne, you can do it! I'm not gonna give up on Sheik, and you're not gonna give up on Marth!

Oh yeah, and Vanz, how come the first game of GFs was on DL? I feel like that would be even worse for you because of the way Kels plays.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Im just curious. I dont play peach but my friend does so I was trying to find good info and such to give him. Should this or can this (first page) be updated I mean, Peach has evolved alot in the past few years and people have gotten better. I mean I did see PP in the falco part or see Hax in the falcon part, except one small mention. Im just curious bout this. Thanx :D

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
because he's from a better region!

it's okay, i know how most smashers think. nothing more to say really.
I think it has more to do with VaNz getting like top 8 at Pound 5 and top 3 at The Big House (where he massively outplaced Kels at both and even beat one of the people that beat Kels at TBH). The fact that Unknown's beaten Kels but lost to VaNz might also have something to do with it.

Oh, and regional bias. :lick:

edit: aren't they both Midwest at this point anyway...?

john!

Smash Hero
i'm not near that level of skill so i can't make any personal judgments, but i don't think it's unreasonable to consider that either kels has improved since then, or that he was playing poorly during the big house (he got what, 17th? lost to a jigglypuff player...)

we'll find out next time he goes to another national

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If Kels has improved then fine. Similarly, if you still feel that Unknown isn't giving Kels enough credit then that's also fine. I just want to point out that VaNz has performed better than Kels in a few very large, important tournaments and has done better vs Unknown in person too. So like... it has very little to do with regional stuff.

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has been asked at some point, but any tips for DIing Falcon combos? I tend to DI them down and away. S2J suggested mixing up the DI, but he's good enough that I often get comboed across the screen anyway. -_-

john!

Smash Hero
If Kels has improved then fine. Similarly, if you still feel that Unknown isn't giving Kels enough credit then that's also fine. I just want to point out that VaNz has performed better than Kels in a few very large, important tournaments and has done better vs Unknown in person too. So like... it has very little to do with regional stuff.
fair enough. and just to be clear, i'm not hating on vanz. he's one of my favorite pros.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
SDI his Nair up to escape the second hit.

Other stuff is mostly down and away. It's kind of case-by-case, however, since his combo tree is a lil' complex and optimal DIs depend largely on what will prevent you from being kneed in the long term and what you did last. Percent matters too.

Cia

das kwl
Jaden I watched your set vs kels....eww what is that?

I know you know you can do way better than that.

idk..

tbh i'm just not the same player i used to be. back in tristate, I used to get CONSTANT practice against people equal or above my skill level.

it's been a while. been on a decline since Apex :<

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Yo so twice now i have taken a 5 hour energy b4 i play, and both times i think i played on point. My issue is i dont know if it was the 5hour energy that helped me play on point or if it was a Coincidence. Not sure what to do with this, i mean i could Perform Experiments but i dont have enough time for that b4 my next tourney, also i am not sure i like the idea of having to drink one of those to play better. So not sure what to do with this

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Lol. Not Steroids just natrual Supplements.

On a sort on unrealted note, a while back i had mono and i took steroids for my throat, **** was terrible. Made my thoat feel better fast but sucked besides that

Top Bottom