• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
I don't like brinstar as a cp, but all the Peach players go there so I go there...

Is dk 64 good against spacies? I don't want to be camped...
Answered your own question.

Edit: With that being said, what do you guys think about DK64 in general for peach? High ceilings and no ledge-teching seem good for her. Also, the faux-floor gives her more options from the ledge, maybe?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
dk 64 is the double edged blade of peach CP's. Look at what happens when you take your opponent there:
Fox: Lazer camping all the time.
Falco: lazer camping and high jump allows platform control that peach can't compete with
sheik: sheik runs DK64
falcon: Falcon secretly runs DK64 more than sheik
Jiggs: You get 1 advantage in this matchup from DK64, and hardly that: Vertical movement. Even so, that only pays off if you're planning on camping.
IC's: Why didn't you go brinstar?

That's not to say it doesn't give peach some advantages. Marth gets ***** there, foxes shine combos get disturbed by the slants (everyone needs to know this), peach gets more options while recovering, and you have room to recover and camp. I think it's a better idea to just go where you're comfortable. I've been CPing brinstar even when Mute was legal, I just have an easy time there. If you don't know a stage, don't go there just because it can give you an advantage. I think peaches should go back to square 1 and CP to DL64. It's assumed that you know how to use the advantage when they say there is one.

/ramble about how I hate playing vs fox on DK64

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dk64 is like my home away from home.

That stage *****.

Pick it mainly against Marf and Samus. I rarely take a spacie there because I dont want them to wise up and camp me. I took a jiggs there once and camped him. Felt a little Paulish.

You can get away with Dk64 if you know the player is aggressive of if its Jiggs, Marf, Samus, *Insert Low Tier Character*. Other than that, i'd go for something a little less "Omg immma camp yo ***!"

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It sucks because all of my cps (Jungle Japes, Corneria, and Mute City) were all banned. lol.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I just really like jungle japes a lot and both my Ness and Peach do really well there. I just know when the klaptrap will be there for some reason. Brinstar's lava is so confusing to me...

DK 64 doesn't work against the characters I have to fight against in my area (Mainly Fox, Falcon, and Marth).

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Dk64 ***** Marth.

Screws up his tipper combos, you can camp the **** outta him, you can punish his recovery very easily.

DK64 is probably a worse Marth stage than dreamland.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I laugh a little every time a marth bans DL64 and DK64's available. My favorite part about that matchup on that stage is recovery options. You can come in any of 4 places. Marth can come in directly to the stage, and if he's lucky he can make the high platform. As soon as he gets off the stage, marth should either lag or he should die.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
In my admittedly limited experience, DK64 ruins so many potential combos for me, with one of the platforms swooping down and saving them and what not.

GSUB

Smash Lord
In my admittedly limited experience, DK64 ruins so many potential combos for me, with one of the platforms swooping down and saving them and what not.
omg this.
good peach stage thoughhh. god forbid they switch from marth though.

But like I was saying, I was playing Tai in tourney with my puff, he was fox. He was at 0%, I uthrow -> uair -> regrab -> uthrow -> lolhimynameismovingplatfrom,melee'sbiggesttroll,nocomboforyouPUFF!hereFox,letmetakeyoutosafety.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Omg, I hate Randall!! He f**** me over all the time!! Once in a blue moon he will save me from certain death... but generally he's a POS that likes to save my opponents!!

VA

Smash Hero
If you play with randall he'll help you always. I try to waveland on him as much as possible, it puts a smile on his face. Me and Randall have been in a loving relationship for some time now.

VA

Smash Hero
Teching randall/dropping through randall/wavelanding on randall/blind recovery to randall are all games that he likes. If you play them he starts helping you all dai.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i'm usually only comfortable on neutrals and i don't know any marths who don't have a fox in their back pocket for stages like dk64. sadly, i'd prolly rather play against a fox on that wack *** stage than a marth on a neutral... ugh... horrible options.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
i'm usually only comfortable on neutrals and i don't know any marths who don't have a fox in their back pocket for stages like dk64. sadly, i'd prolly rather play against a fox on that wack *** stage than a marth on a neutral... ugh... horrible options.
Ditto. Playing against marth is so miserable.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
my friend today started countering my turnip approaches, so i'd have to occasionally throw a turnip up to bait his counter reaction. closest thing i've found to an approach.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
If he's getting really predictable about it, grab a turnip and then fair him in the face. Time it so that it looks like you're jumping and throwing a turnip and the fair hits after his counter isn't active. Or just start a fair from float and if he counters, land before fair comes out then go d-smash him or something cool like that.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
some good ideas.

other than being able to edge guard him decently, i'm pretty terrible against marth.
i find myself trying to dash dance him and idk why. lol the best thing that can come from it is a lucky dash attack since marth's dash dancing is amazing.

i've come full circle from when i started smash.

i first thought marth was peach's worst match up.
then i thought it was fox.
then i thought it was sheik.
now i'm back to thinking it's marth.
back to square one, i guess...

i don't even wanna learn this match up. lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
peachs best cp stage was taken from her b/c plank is a hater
i like that mute city is banned.
i know it's beyond greatness for peach, but i don't like the idea of a counter pick playing that strong of a role.

now this in no way means i like the plank stage set. i just like that he was willing to change it.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i like that mute city is banned.
i know it's beyond greatness for peach, but i don't like the idea of a counter pick playing that strong of a role.
no, but its nice to have an advantage.
god forbid you have to be actually good at this game to win instead of letting mute city do it for you
money match?

Top Bottom