• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Haha, it's just nomenclature then. I also think top5 are still a bit above everybody else. Although I think the gap between you and M2k isn't that huge anymore, especially after something in a match didn't go his way. (:
Good luck at The Big House!
I think KK has a good chance vs. anyone in the top 5.

I also think the top 5 beat the rest of the field of high level players more consistently than KK does, though. (This is almost entirely a vs. Fox thing, but there are a jillion high level Foxes, so...)

To me that's a difference. Make of it what you will.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
guys, if you could buff Peach in some way (other than run speed) how would you do it?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Removing her terrible, stupid, god awful, useless double jump, and giving her a normal one.

I'm also for normalizing turnip damage (maybe 10 percent or something), but dunno if that counts as a "buff."

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
too bad animation hacks aren't possible in melee.

I can make it faster, but I can't change it.

and what do you mean normalizing turnips. are you saying they don't deal enough damage or something else?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
No, I mean like...making it so that every turnip pull gives her the same consistent damage, rather than 7, 8, 18, STITCH, bomb, etc.

But again, that's not really a buff (removing bombs and stitches doesn't really help her), and was more of an aside.

And I guess making it faster is fine enough.

john!

Smash Hero
guys, if you could buff Peach in some way (other than run speed) how would you do it?
is this for SD remix?

i'd suggest making her bad moves more useful (e.g. reduce the end lag on ftilt, the startup lag on side-b, etc.)

that way you slightly increase the power level while deepening the gameplay by giving the player more decision-making abilities

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
is this for SD remix?

i'd suggest making her bad moves more useful (e.g. reduce the end lag on ftilt, the startup lag on side-b, etc.)

that way you slightly increase the power level while deepening the gameplay by giving the player more decision-making abilities

yeah, it's for SD remix.

noted lag on f-tilt.

what about up-tilt? I never see that being used for some reason despite her head being invincible

any other moves? or lag you'd like reduced?

>peach
>lag
:awesome:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
that's like asking for something that beat's marth's f-smash

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Just a faster double jump, run speed, faster ftilt, Brawl uptilt/peach bomber and she'd be fine

Nintendude

Smash Hero
How useful would it be for Peach to regain her float any time she would regain her second jump? I haven't given it much thought yet but at first glance, it seems like a minor buff that is appropriate, useful, and not overpowered (but I could be wrong).

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Let go of ledge, float, regrab would be the best ledge stall you can ask for... framesafe invul, plus you can threaten to nair at any given point, not like Sheik who spends time in her up b :D
Also, if they do get the edge you still have your double jump and never risk poofing into the abyss (: (I think that's the actual reason why we don't get out float back when we grab the ledge)

Actually, transcendent priority on turnips wouldn't be the worst idea ever. They'd offer her a way to deal with Jiggs bair without having to outright beat it with a hitbox :D
Also CF who usually just hits through them with his stupid nair would have to be more careful ... though if Peach actually pulls turnips while he isn't recovering, he's doing something strange anyways :D

Dunno, if I were to do something, I'd probably up movement speed and see how it goes from there... though that would make her really good against Falco :x

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Guys, as much as id like to buff her run speed. If she could run fast, she'd be broken. (Melee minus will have this :awesome:)

What about the length of her WD. Do you want her WD to be longer? Keep in mind that this affects how far she slides from attacks during crouch cancel.

I'm looking to buff things on her that won't make that big of an impact.

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Personally, I'd be happy with just a double jump speed buff (which makes me curious as to why Atma doesn't want the change).

But yeah, toad is pretty awful, isn't he? So many things...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I kind of like her ****ty dj as a defining character weakness that makes interaction with her interesting. Improving it would definitely be the way to go if you wanted an un-invasive way to improve the character though.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I would say they are not easily interchangeable, unless your name is fox, falco, sheik, puff

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
The increased length on Peach bomber would allow her to recover in a different way and techchase

AustinRC

Smash Lord
So Srsly peach bomber can it kill? Also that toad recovery trick is amazing omg wtf!!!!!

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I would buff up tilt, make it faster and have less end lag maybe more hitstun on it.

Make ftilt better, pretty much same buffs as up tilt or maybe give it move range or something.

I like the transcendent turnip idea that sounds cool. I do not like shrouded's make all turnips do a universal amount of dmg.

Make toad useful, maybe more power and better activation frames.

Faster dj would also be cool

If u could find a way to make bomber better that would be cool. (At the min make it easier to bomb up walls)

Also an alternative idea would be to buff the strengths she already has ex: give her fair more range and/or more kill power.

I doubt she would need all of these buffs but here are some ideas.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Also the length/speed she travels in PM is faster than her travel speed, so it's kinda like Falcon tech chasing with raptor boost. Also it does like 18% and kills decently I think?

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you can't nair on the frame you enter the float (and if only for the reason that you have to hold down at that moment lol). After that nothing prevents you from nairing, so I'd guess you'd be one frame slower than just nairing if you're perfect.
I'm curious if you can start a bair or sth right in the same frame you enter the float as well. Well, it'd be super awkward, considering you have to hold x, control stick down and still move the c stick to a side, but still... :D

Top Bottom