• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Offstage fairs is a strong gimp but you only really need to do it from 0-50 or so

After that you can probably switch to bair > bair comfortably

Might be 60 but I think 50 if you strong hit the 2nd bair is correct

darkatma

Smash Hero
I think I daired a lot because I saw all the peaches at the time were dairing every time they came down with something

like wife, doh, xif, xelic, cort even

then i realized it's a crap *** move and should only ever be done maybe once or twice a match

Armada style is mind opening

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I dunno if I'd say that dair is a crap move...

No, I think I would. It's good vs ICs shield, though.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i thought best rest punish was : throw turnip up (light toss works better b/c of time and on most stages platforms) then jump to other side of jiggs and charge up smash. thats the most dmg peach can do, but same turnip set up and good timing you could get any smash off, probably some most aerials, and my personal favorite you can get a side B off.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I think dair is freaking sick. People just horribly misused it in ancient times and then everyone decided it sucks. But I think it's got a lot of situational uses that are really solid.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
OH MY GOD SPEAKING OF GOOD MOVES!

Dark Atma can verify that uptilt is ****ing god like and everyone just sucks at using it (except DoH)

It beats like errthang and it makes you look fabulous in combos in its really fun to do IRL.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Uptilt can extend CGs, I realized the other day. But it's good when you call someone coming down onto you (Falco's dair), cause it has invincibility, so it beats it. And often times, it'll start a combo on the fastfallers. I suck at using it, but I think that's the general gist.

Also, someone should teach me how to use toad. :(

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Toad sucks dont use it.

So I was at the ledge, edguarding a Falco and he decided to recover high to trick me SO YA BOY USED UP-TILT and it caught his recovery and then I up-aired to kill him.

I looked so fabulous.

MacD

Banned via Administration
WHOA WHOA WHOA

TOAD IS DA BOMB
in very very situational times but it can help you recover and you make them feel stupid and it hurts their ego

crush

Smash Master
toad is the ****, pretty much a second shield 0.07% of the time

i like using him in peach dittos after i get dsmashed to turn around after my double jump and before my float

or when falco fullhops/doublejumps above me

and u know hes about to down air
use toad
and he gets hit by it then doesnt tech cuz he was trying to lcancel aforementioned downward aerial attack

then rapee

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Toad is actually underused for preventing edgeguards.

Let's say that Fox shines you low (below the edge) and edgehogs, and all you have is float. I like to float just out of drop -> shine range, weave back and forth a bit, show some hesitation, then upair. They are often eager to use roll to edgehog an umbrella, so the upair gets them to roll early.

However, if the upair doesn't trick them, you can then toad instead of getting your upB edgehogged.

Toad is also useful in some situations you'd normally die from, such as unavoidable shinespikes, ie mess up your jump and get stuck under Battlefield. The shine will reflect the spores and send you back up.

VA

Smash Hero
Toad is actually underused for preventing edgeguards.

Let's say that Fox shines you low (below the edge) and edgehogs, and all you have is float. I like to float just out of drop -> shine range, weave back and forth a bit, show some hesitation, then upair. They are often eager to use roll to edgehog an umbrella, so the upair gets them to roll early.

However, if the upair doesn't trick them, you can then toad instead of getting your upB edgehogged.

Toad is also useful in some situations you'd normally die from, such as unavoidable shinespikes, ie mess up your jump and get stuck under Battlefield. The shine will reflect the spores and send you back up.
i tried to write this post but it was too egotistical and i had to delete it.

toad is freaking awesome and everyone that thinks he's bad is dummy. it's a counter but u just need better prediction than u do with marth's as the frames are all over the place and used badly he's awful. toad has some crazy effects and can actually end up comboing. i don't fully understand the hitbox but sometimes it hits them up and then back down and the final hit can reset them. i toaded a ganon bair yesterday and it did 25% :embarrass:

Wake

Smash Master
Sorry, I do have a specific example, but I can't seem to find it on youtube right now :x
It's Armada vs a fox on FD, and it's fairly recent, and the jab->dsmash to counter the upsmash KO happens after a fox dthrow I think, and Armada techs to the right edge of fd, does the jab right as fox's upsmash is coming out, and dsmashes him.

If anyone else can find the match I'm taking about, I'd really appreciate it
Lol I was watching a match from Genesis 2, and I suddenly remembered this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4pgI3ACAek#t=03m10s

Could this be the match you were talking about? :)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Well I like to troll Falcos with powershields so they reflexively shield/reflector their own reflected lasers; I think Toad will break both.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I just did the coolest combo on a CPU, where it ended in me going up to his firefox and reverse parasolling him like its was marth's Up-B, it was cool as hell xP

Edit: Can this actually be used? I checked the hitboxes, they're not bad.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace

WIDL

We Are Born
Yeah, I get what you are saying. I think I have done it by accident once (like you are describing it). Should work to some extent, but it's probably a bit risky to go for if you can go for a safer option... looks cool though.

MacD

Banned via Administration
it was my vs stab if i had to guess assuming it was falco. i know what you are talking about. i'm pretty sure it was like the coolest thing i've ever done

.... then i didn't edge guard it properly LOL

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
it was my vs stab if i had to guess assuming it was falco. i know what you are talking about. i'm pretty sure it was like the coolest thing i've ever done

.... then i didn't edge guard it properly LOL
It was actually on a fox! I think the hitboxes are big enough to get through the ring of fire around fox.

Top Bottom