• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

MacD

Banned via Administration
i think if pokemon stadium's ceiling wasn't stupid low it would be a lot better for peach against spacies, i've slowly started to hate that stage more and more now that i've gotten to higher level's, though it's nothing compared to corneria

FD is like my fav against shiek because there are no platforms, i've even had shiek's counter FD on me and just wanted to say thank you

what about stages against puffs, i tend to avoid stadium just becuase puff has an easier time hitting an uair/upsmash then i do normally, i haven't played puff's enough to know if i want platforms or not, i just avoid yoshi's because it let's them kill easier

EDIT: i guess i mean explain the stage choices for puff, why mute and kongo 64, it seems like you have stages that are all for close combat then you have congo, i'm confused, and i always thought dreamland was better because it's easier for us to kill then for puff

JFox

Smash Hero
I dont necessarily think its easier for peach to kill puff, but I know Armada sure does cuz that kid never dies before 150%. I personally find that puff edgegaurds pretty good vs peach. IMO on average I feel that they die around the same percents, but thats my personal experience alone. I guess if you feel extremely comfortable with Peachs recovery the way armada does, you dont fear edgegauards so much. I dont find that the 7% or less difference that the ceiling makes on stadium is really much to fear.

Cia

das kwl
As to the "expolitable platforms" on PKMN stadium and FoD, what do you mean by that?
Peach has like a million ways to get grounded on platform. (most notably, the chain grab) Since there's no top platform, fox has to DI toward one of the lower platforms. So you can tech chase with Uair, or Nair (depending on his percent) FoD is pretty much the same thing except with a top platform. And of course landing a Dsmash from one of the really low platforms is amazing.

i think if pokemon stadium's ceiling wasn't stupid low it would be a lot better for peach against spacies, i've slowly started to hate that stage more and more now that i've gotten to higher level's, though it's nothing compared to corneria

FD is like my fav against shiek because there are no platforms, i've even had shiek's counter FD on me and just wanted to say thank you

what about stages against puffs, i tend to avoid stadium just becuase puff has an easier time hitting an uair/upsmash then i do normally, i haven't played puff's enough to know if i want platforms or not, i just avoid yoshi's because it let's them kill easier

EDIT: i guess i mean explain the stage choices for puff, why mute and kongo 64, it seems like you have stages that are all for close combat then you have congo, i'm confused, and i always thought dreamland was better because it's easier for us to kill then for puff
Kongo Jungle is good against Puff because Peach can camp her really hard there. It takes FOUR of Jigglypuff's jumps to get to the high platforms. And by the time you spot that, Peach should have already made her way to the other side. I'd use this if all other stages failed.

MacD

so basically, camp like pink did, that's kinda what i figured but wasn't sure

and i feel dumb but i just yesterday realized something, if you are in tumble animation, if you float out you lose your 2nd jump, and if you don't have it you can't float out of tumble

it's just one of those things to keep in mind, but it makes me wonder, what other little things don't i know

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I take puff to corneria, because you get better vertical kills and you can out camp her

MacD

so apparently i just suck, i've tried dairing spacies out of side b when they go for the ledge, should i go off the stage a little so that i'm not right above the ledge?

i have a feeling that's my problem because i'm used to being right over the ledge when they are fire foxing up

dang i hate asking silly little questions one at a time

Cia

das kwl
so apparently i just suck, i've tried dairing spacies out of side b when they go for the ledge, should i go off the stage a little so that i'm not right above the ledge?

i have a feeling that's my problem because i'm used to being right over the ledge when they are fire foxing up

dang i hate asking silly little questions one at a time
You want to make sure that Peach's feet are in front of the ledge. It's a decent edge guard. But it's not guaranteed. If you predict side b, use a turnip to knock them out of it. then just go out and Bair him. I prefer using Dair > Nair when they're in FireFox though.

Also.. i'm a little iffy about taking Puff to Corneria as Peach. like Pink Shinobi said, most Puff users also have a solid Fox/Falco. Not only that, but i can see myself ****** a Peach on Corneria. Especially if she camps under the wing. Jpuff doesn't really fall victim to Dsmash too often. and Peach will just be trapped down there if Puff is spacing Bairs. Also, since Peach users tend you rely on Dsmash in that spot. i would just bait it, and rest.

Cia

das kwl
^ Sure =]. I can give you some in depth advice tmr in person. but for now, feel free to look at what I advised peach users to look out for.

Cia

das kwl
Those are pretty much the only Puff users (Besides Hbox) that i would maybe need a CP against. I honestly don't see myself losing to any other puff.

oh and there's DoYoung (secondaries Fox/Falco). He's insanely good, but he's in Korea getting good at starcraft.. lolz

otg

Smash Master
^ Sure =]. I can give you some in depth advice tmr in person. but for now, feel free to look at what I advised peach users to look out for.
Pimpin :) I'll have a setup with me which I'll probably be sitting at all day, so if you don't come up to me I'm going to have to find you and harass you to play with me lol.

I also demand some Jiggs action, cause you know... I stand some chance of beating you then lol. your peach scares me.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I couldn't disagree with you more about the Samus match up. I've had my fair share of discussions with HugS about the Samus vs Peach match up (and I've played him plenty of times as well), and I can assure you, it's very close to 50:50 (it's probably slightly in Peach's favor).

But the only way you'd know is if you played HugS yourself when he was at his prime. No other region has ever had a Samus that was even close to being on his level when HugS was at his full potential.

Long story short, that match up is a pain in the ascot. Neither character has a definite advantage.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Long story short, that match up is a pain in the ascot. Neither character has a definite advantage.
Hmmm, imo, I kinda think Peach has the advantage too. I've haven't played the match-up like the way VaNz recommended yet, but I think Peach can out camp Samus on quite a few stages except FD (no platforms), since her missiles go straight or in a super slow moving manner. Not to mention her jump is so slow.

But then again, I've never played top samus players. :( Now I'll never know. :dizzy:

JFox

Smash Hero
vanz, i think you're starting to skimp out on the most important parts of this thread- the part where you actually give advice about playin the matchup. For samus and luigi I can name tons of stuff you didnt bother to mention, most obviously how to edgeguard.

I think for your top tier matchups you gave good advice, but now your just gettin lazy.

Cia

das kwl
^ You're right. I got really sloppy especially with the characters that bore me the most :laugh: I'm going to go over all the match ups i listed at some point (within the next 2 days) and give more detail.

Cia

das kwl
So, do you also talk about stages and stuff? Cause I recently realized I suck on Brinstar. =/

I spoke very briefly in a post about Brinstar. But i believe the advice was solid. The trick is to learn the acid patterns and put yourself in the right place for the most effective attack. Example, when i know that the lava is about to reach the ground, i sometimes float over my opponent with Nair. This covers their jump and will knock them back into the acid. And then you can capitalize on that. Take advantage of all the gimmicks.

Here's the post i made earlier.

"Yeah, I prefer it over Mute City. The Stage's odd terrain kills their approaches/ combos. and the membranes ruin their L cancels. Basically, this stage brings upon more mistakes for Peach to punish. And the acid combos are a huge plus. Another thing, more people don't know Brinstar's pattern (surprisingly) so if you learn this, you can plan ahead and put yourself where you need to be.

* I also have this trick on Brinstar that can drastically alter the game. Peach can divide the stage (break the membranes) with Low Dair > Dsmash or 2 Dsmashes. So when your opponent is respawning, just stand there and break the membranes. 80% of the time, your opponent will try to drop down and attack you right away. So they just fall to their death. I've used this 'successfully' sooo many times. It's worked against Kage, Jman, Bum, Chinesahh, and people i can't even remember. So it's worth trying out =D"

Quaz

Smash Master
* I also have this trick on Brinstar that can drastically alter the game. Peach can divide the stage (break the membranes) with Low Dair > Dsmash or 2 Dsmashes. So when your opponent is respawning, just stand there and break the membranes. 80% of the time, your opponent will try to drop down and attack you right away. So they just fall to their death. I've used this 'successfully' sooo many times. It's worked against Kage, Jman, Bum, Chinesahh, and people i can't even remember. So it's worth trying out =D"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Haha I remember I did this in teams to kels like 2 years ago. His sheik SD'd twice at low %s because of it. Too good

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I have a question for Teczero.

Why aren't you responding to me on AIM.

k thx

Sliq

Smash Master
i saw sliq do that stage break trick thing to darkrain

it looks hilarious
I actually took a stock of Trail doing this exact strategy. Watch for the videos at peefsmash on youtube.

JFox

Smash Hero
tipman, what could ganon possibly do there besides taking a long time to die? Its like FD (which means no platform play) except theres no ledge to help your **** recovery.

I think I'd take that MM too if you dont mind.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
tipman, what could ganon possibly do there besides taking a long time to die? Its like FD (which means no platform play) except theres no ledge to help your **** recovery.

I think I'd take that MM too if you dont mind.
One thing I can see is you can't really camp Ganon's face (like you could on FD). Unless your already in control when it's just the platform I would think Ganon would be scary in that situation.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
You're on JFox.

In MC Ganon is in your face and you have no edge either. Versus Peach Ganon's recovery is pretty much always a problem but the shifting platforms can help sometime. The sides are really short on some parts of the stage and it get's Peach KO'd. It's just one of those stages Peach feels comfortable on but it doesn't mean she gets it on that stage. Same with Yoshi Story with Ganon, I like it but I lose on it.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
so vanz i wanna play peach for srs bsns. u should like school and teach me wat to do all the time so i can be pro like u.

^super serious btw.

u shoulda right a mini guide and pm it to me on peach in general :D

Top Bottom