• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Here is a useful (and simple) trick against a missile happy/campy Samus...

Pull a turnip whenever possible and approach with your shield (with the turnip in hand). Right after you shield (or powershield) a missile, you throw your turnip at them OoS. It puts the pressure on the Samus and helps you gain momentum if you follow up well.

Also, this is best done when you're not too far from the Samus (about mid-screen distance). So get in about a mid-screen distance (it shouldn't be too hard), and implement this tactic.

It works wonders.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you shield the missile and don't ps, you're probably going to get grabbed. FC nair is much faster. Or just dash attack them.

With Toad, you get 8 frames of invincibility, from frame 40-47, however they're only around your abdomen

Here's a picture of her toading Mario's fireball. Invincibility is the royal blue color.

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/57838732.jpg/

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
If you shield the missile and don't ps, you're probably going to get grabbed. FC nair is much faster. Or just dash attack them.

With Toad, you get 8 frames of invincibility, from frame 40-47, however they're only around your abdomen

Here's a picture of her toading Mario's fireball. Invincibility is the royal blue color.

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/57838732.jpg/
So many random limbs become invincible with Peach. around the abdomen is pretty weird.

I like this move. Too bad it hasn't evolved into anything practical.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman

I spoke very briefly in a post about Brinstar. But i believe the advice was solid. The trick is to learn the acid patterns and put yourself in the right place for the most effective attack. Example, when i know that the lava is about to reach the ground, i sometimes float over my opponent with Nair. This covers their jump and will knock them back into the acid. And then you can capitalize on that. Take advantage of all the gimmicks.

Here's the post i made earlier.

"Yeah, I prefer it over Mute City. The Stage's odd terrain kills their approaches/ combos. and the membranes ruin their L cancels. Basically, this stage brings upon more mistakes for Peach to punish. And the acid combos are a huge plus. Another thing, more people don't know Brinstar's pattern (surprisingly) so if you learn this, you can plan ahead and put yourself where you need to be.

* I also have this trick on Brinstar that can drastically alter the game. Peach can divide the stage (break the membranes) with Low Dair > Dsmash or 2 Dsmashes. So when your opponent is respawning, just stand there and break the membranes. 80% of the time, your opponent will try to drop down and attack you right away. So they just fall to their death. I've used this 'successfully' sooo many times. It's worked against Kage, Jman, Bum, Chinesahh, and people i can't even remember. So it's worth trying out =D"
Lol, thanks for the advice. I can just imagine how hilarious it must be to pull off the broken stage trick.

So yeah, now I just need to find people to practice melee with.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
It depends on your spacing. The Samus will go for the grab if they anticipate your shield approach and you're in close range. Otherwise they most likely wont.

That's why approaching from mid-distance with Shield and turnip ***** (especially if they're backed against the ledge). It's particularly safe in closing distance and there really isn't much a Samus can do to punish it. If they aren't too close and go for the grab (or anything for that matter), you can react by throwing the turnip.

The reason I never try to Nair missiles as an approach is because it doesn't cover much distance. It get's me through missiles but it doesn't really put me in too favorable of a position.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah, I was consistently getting 3-2 stocked. It's so hard ):

Upsmash ):<

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'm gonna add my input for Peach vs Pikachu pretty soon as well. Sorry i haven't been on so often lately. it's been a pretty busy week. but I'll be around more now.

In short tho, Peach has a decent advantage in that match up, but the good ones will know how to play it well. Just Bair. a lot.

Cia

das kwl
Oh that reminds me, can anyone moonwalk even close to the distance shown in magus' AR vid? I've been playing around with WD > moonwalk > dsmash, but i can only get the moonwalk to go about half the distance of the WD.

Also, i may have found something really useful with the GT. But i wanna test it at a tournament tmr before i post and look like an idiot.. Lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh that reminds me, can anyone moonwalk even close to the distance shown in magus' AR vid? I've been playing around with WD > moonwalk > dsmash, but i can only get the moonwalk to go about half the distance of the WD.

Also, i may have found something really useful with the GT. But i wanna test it at a tournament tmr before i post and look like an idiot.. Lol
There's a tourney tomorrow?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
How is the glide toss done?
I want to know this too, I can do it easily in brawl yet not at all in Melee. :(

Also, if you double jump fast enough with peach, you don't even leave the ground...which means you can d-smash out of shield, or really anything Oos without powershielding a move. I don't know the frame data for it though.

Peach is the only character that can do that. wooo...

Is that old and useless news? :dizzy:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
When you're shielding, you roll in a direction and you press A at the right time, and you'll do a little slide out of shield while throwing your turnip.

It's too bad it's not as long as it is in brawl though =<

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
If it was as long as it was in brawl that'd add a pretty big dimension to peaches game ya knowww

Scar

#HarveyDent
wtf vanz you went to no johns?? i would have gone, i heard your peach got way better and i need peach practz

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
If the GT comes out as fast as a roll (and theoretically, is should) then GG. GT is ****.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
scar, no johns had:

Mango, Jman, Eggm, Vanz, Swift, G$, Alukard, JFox

Yea I'd say you missed out dawg =/

Cia

das kwl
wtf vanz you went to no johns?? i would have gone, i heard your peach got way better and i need peach practz
Yeah you should have gone. I've been a lot more confident in my peach lately. Even though i went puff most of the time lol. Also, i managed to take a few games off of mango's falcon. Not sure how hard he was trying tho.. haha.

Also tip, the WD has no effect on the GT. This is probably because you have to sheild before the GT, which cancels your momentum.

Top Bottom