• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Phew, just making sure WC still sucks vs peach
Westcoast? The world it is :D

Won't complain though, I'm not objecting to winning matches because my opponent is playing the match up horribly wrong (:

edit: to clarify, I think far too many people all over the world are horrible at fighting Peach (probably because there's not too many of us)

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
virginia, nc needs more peach players. However, the issue is of course that playing high level peaches is nothing like playing low level ones. Low level ones are free

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Darkatma and VaNz are the only peaches in the MW that I don't think I'd beat (in tournament). Maybe Wake, but I kept it really close with darkatma last time we played.
General skill level of Peach mains is pretty low though, for whatever reason the character seems to encourage stupid habits that end up being punished only at higher levels e.g. dsmash spam, unsafe turnip use, mindless float cancels. There are definitely a decent amount of good Peaches though.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Peach is popular in Canada.
Are there some one could know besides Vwins? :) (who is really fun to watch... I love watching Peach players that are not Armada from time to time, because I can actually see them deal with some of the stupid situations Peach can get into... with Armada I don't, because he's so good at preventing those from happening in the first place ... black magix, if you ask me :D)

@Peach promoting bad habits: could be. I know I have a lot of flaws which I need to work on. I generally make up for it with decent combos, but I definitely need to work on other aspects of my game, if I want to do really well (currently I guess I'm 5th in Bavaria (maybe 4th... I'd still say the 4th placed player is a bit better than me, but I beat him in tourney last time we played *yaaay* :D))

@peach playstyle causing problems for people: I don't think that's it, I think they are just doing a lot of stuff that plays to her strengths / doesn't abuse her flaws (:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
There's nobody notable who plays her aside from Vwins in Canada. I fool around with her periodically. But ever since Riddlebox quit her (for the most part) it's mostly new players.

MacD

Banned via Administration
General skill level of Peach mains is pretty low though, for whatever reason the character seems to encourage stupid habits that end up being punished only at higher levels e.g. dsmash spam, unsafe turnip use, mindless float cancels.
but..... but.......

that's all i do :(

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
People are, for the most part, pretty bad vs her. I don't know why, either. I feel like Peach plays this game a lot differently than most of the cast, so perhaps the fact that you need to treat her really differently comes into play?

Strong Bad, I would definitely (not) beat you. I am most (un)sure of this.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If I am not mistaken, the following happens:

Peepee does a rising dair (he aims to punish the roll and wants to get out his dair as fast as possible, since he wants to get a real hit, and not a shielded one), hits Armadas shield. Armada slides off, peepee is still in the upwards movement. Armada therefore hits the ground faster than Peepee does. Peepee is still in the dair animation (even if you full jump the dair animation is going on when you land) and gets downsmashed.

edit:

@ShroudedOne:
I think most of the cast is different enough to "require" a special handling. I mean I wouldn't go ahead and try to straight up grab Falco after an aerial hits my shield and he is in range, because I know that he can do a shine afterwards. Or dash attack into a grounded jigglypuff and be amazed that he CC -> rests me. Or try to get past Marths stupidly long sword with a slow character without some sort of trickery involved.
What is so difficult about facing Peach? Ok I guess, when you're playing Falco and can basically just shoot lasers at half of the relevant cast you are kinda excused, since Peach handles that pretty well by floating above them :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Have you played Quaz? Or John? Those guys have pretty decent peaches and IMO peach > DK
I've played neither in tournament. I played John in one friendly, so no idea. Peach > DK isn't that relevant, since very character > DK.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i two-stocked you in that friendly... and it was on stadium... i mean, you might be able to beat me in tournament, but don't go around saying it like it's a sure thing ;)
Sounds like a money match. You going to FC?

Wake

Smash Master
Just take John to Mute City. I wish I were going to FC :(

Oh and Jaiye, you're just the side show. LOL Strong Bad

Also, I feel like there's an over abundance of My Little Pony avatars.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Speaking of, I need a teammate for FC and I want it to be a Peach. Any takers?
VaNz you remember how we did work against Shiz & Eggm in APEX friendlies? :3

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@ShroudedOne:
I think most of the cast is different enough to "require" a special handling. I mean I wouldn't go ahead and try to straight up grab Falco after an aerial hits my shield and he is in range, because I know that he can do a shine afterwards. Or dash attack into a grounded jigglypuff and be amazed that he CC -> rests me. Or try to get past Marths stupidly long sword with a slow character without some sort of trickery involved.
What is so difficult about facing Peach? Ok I guess, when you're playing Falco and can basically just shoot lasers at half of the relevant cast you are kinda excused, since Peach handles that pretty well by floating above them :D
I mean, I was thinking about it, and you're right that each character is different enough...but...none of them can float. :awesome:

I feel like that kind of makes a difference. But this might not be the case. It also works to say that no other character can shine...

Oh and Jaiye, you're just the side show.
Hey. Be nice.

Top Bottom