• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Xyzz

Smash Champion
@bones: your throw choices are pretty weird at times, and I think you sometimes challenge him at places where I wouldn't do so (but that second one is pretty much a question of playstyle I guess) :)

But i was talking about fighting fox not falco, but i do believe u might be right i just need to adjust my height so the high laser does not hit the high laser and then hit him above the low laser.

:phone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7dea-5pI5U&feature=player_detailpage#t=517s :D
Just wanted to throw out a video example of the stuff that can happen of lhdl :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Bones can you please use Peach some more before posting a video here? I watched like 30 seconds and all of your moves were 1 bair, an ftilt, an fsmash, and 4 fairs. :urg:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I like that cute shield drop uair you did, Bones. I always intend to start practicing shield drops with her, but I never do. They're really good.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I am.
And VaNz and I are teaming.

DK/Peach baby

Taking suggestions for team names

EDIT: Epic 15,000th post.

Van.

Smash Ace
heres an interesting project for you guys-- try to describe in a few sentences some advice on being the gayest, campiest, most degenerative peach possible. I'm talking cheapest possible strategies in every scenario.

what do you look for in standard MU's with this playstyle? Like what openings/punishes that aren't obvious should one look for?

thanksss

p.s. i see all of you haters that are going to make a post like "just watch vids of X's peach, he plays exactly like this"... yall n/ggas is lame

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I feel like there's not really a gay way to play peach. You cant spam anything because then you get punished REALLY hard. And its hard to camp.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I couldn't even envision this super defensive, campy Peach. I don't think she exists (rather, I don't think she works).

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The right matchup? As in, it only works for certain matchups, right? Like which ones?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Like fake characters. Ganon, Yoshi, Luigi etc.

Pink Shinobi went hardcore camp mode against matchups he didnt know.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Ah, right. I was only thinking of real characters. Yeah, he was super good at that, and I can see it being pretty effective vs characters with limited options and even less mobility than her.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
heres an interesting project for you guys-- try to describe in a few sentences some advice on being the gayest, campiest, most degenerative peach possible. I'm talking cheapest possible strategies in every scenario.

what do you look for in standard MU's with this playstyle? Like what openings/punishes that aren't obvious should one look for?

thanksss

p.s. i see all of you haters that are going to make a post like "just watch vids of X's peach, he plays exactly like this"... yall n/ggas is lame
***** downsmashes on platforms / in general if he isn't up to punish those.
Spam turnips and/or fc fair, depending slightly on what he does.
Spam dash attack if he wants to evade them with wd back -> stuff and fails at it, which just about everybody does, because dash attacks has like the best range ever.

Those are hella obvious but still work, because people are horribad and you'll probably do fine against people who don't know the matchup well (which is quite a few, nevermind that Peach is like 6th on the tier list and the best player in the world uses her... no need to prepare for her lol).

I often feel I get the bonus of playing a pretty legit character with the added bonus that my opponent doesn't have a ****ign clue what I want to do in the matchup, like I was playing Mewtwo.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Fair always works. If it doesn't you're using it wrong :D

Nair at that point is ofc situational. I don't know how g$ shoots his lasers, but I'm fairly (nah, that pun is not intended. Not at all) certain, you can punish any lhdl stuff, if you call the right variant (and the payoff is pretty much that he dies (offstage, no dj, hitstun till he is below stage level. If we miss that edge guard, we're doing it wrong, I guess)).
If I'm not mistaken PP (easily the best Falco in the matchup imho) also said that he only does LHDL if Peach is pretty far away.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Like i said i now support fair at edge, and u r right to say u cant give him to much space the fc fair seemed to work better when i moved closer to the edge. I also got a pimp fair kill while he was holding the edge (that always feels good)

MacD

Banned via Administration
i miss the days where doh would come in and ***** out everyone for using gay

good times. need more 3 muskequeers or however it's spelled

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've always believed that lhdl was a terrible option, and I never knew why Falcos continue to spam it. Is everyone just that bad that it works? :(

Xyzz

Smash Champion
I believe LHDL is the best thing you can do if your opponent is too far away to punish, but incredibly risky if he is near. If he can't hit you out of it, you've just shot two lasers in his face, the lockdown of one of those things is amazing, and two are even better and you don't have any lag afterwards. It's not that much slower than doing a ledge dash and protects you with two lasers, so I believe that's good.

Many characters have a hard time punishing it though, even if they are close, so I guess Falco often gets away with it (and it often leads to him getting a good approach). Peach imho is one of the best characters to punish it with, but the rule 6 videos have some nice examples of other falcos countering it as well (I just remembered those... there's certainly others as well :D). One did some stylish shine -> bair OOS <3

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
DI lasers away enough to avoid the shine, but close enough so that when you spam A you'll nair him out.

Only works on high lasers.
He didnt even shine me, idr what he did but i know it wasn't a shine (and i mashing mashing nair). Also i should thank g$ yesterday he helped me break (or start breaking) some bad habits (Feels good)

mers

Smash Ace
i miss the days where doh would come in and ***** out everyone for using gay

good times. need more 3 muskequeers or however it's spelled
Trying to keep people from being ****s gets real old real fast (especially when it's the smash community and they take any suggestion that they could maybe improve their behavior as a deep personal insult).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pink Shinobi vs characters he knew how to fight legitimately (and where the MU kind of necessitated legit combat) was a monster.

I often defer to his matches vs SS when I want ideas vs Falcon.

D

Deleted member

I want ideas vs Falcon.
1. trick him into not dashdancing
2. get him to shield, space an attack on it
3. hit falcon when he jumps out of his shield, but before a move can come out
4. do bad things to him

send me a dollar or two on paypal whenever you play against a falcon at nationals.

canadian money is fine.

Top Bottom