• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've been stealing from XIF and I didn't even know it. O_O

That is a sexy combo video, though.

Composeur

Smash Ace
Glad the vids are making onto yt. Vwins's post in the tourney vids forum made me think they'd probably languish on twitch forever. Hopefully LFs and GFs make it up soon because they're where he really gets off.

I feel like he uses turnips really judiciously, but yeah, I guess there are some situations where he could pull more.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Vwins is very legit, i feel like his movement game is something i need to see. I have been working on my quick fc and my movement and i feel like taking notes when watching him on how to put them together

:phone:

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
He doesn't know how to use them to trap fast foxes it seems, and he misses a lot of interceptions because he doesn't do the dash throw to get the angle needed to stop a forward b to the ledge

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
For now on when people ***** to me about peach, i am going to tell them i will only accept complaints from very good yoshi's since the difficulty and technical skill needed to use him well is crazy

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
The fact that the set lasted over an hour is so disheartening. Why would anyone choose to play that whack? Is the satisfaction of winning that serious?

I mean, not even Paul camped that hard.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
The fact that the set lasted over an hour is so disheartening. Why would anyone choose to play that whack? Is the satisfaction of winning that serious?

I only camped that hard cuz he was camping me really hard lol. I normally don't play that whack but he would just run away and chill on the platforms. Plus it's Sheik... c'mon lolz

Edit: And both sets went to last game lol. I won GFs 3-2, 3-2. It was intense

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Is there merit to pulling turnips against a platform camping Sheik until you get a good one? Like, say, a stitch or whatever?

I skimmed some of it but it seems like the video captures the time in between matches and stuff (and neither of them really pick a stage right away... there's often like a full 30 seconds to a minute between picks so that's a good chunk of time right there). They also do a full stage strike again, which also takes time.

Not really disagreeing with you, though. At the end of the day it's still like 50 minutes for 2 sets which is kind of o_O

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I feel like if you feel the need to time someone out because they're camping you first then the game loses its fun factor.

If someones camping me and I get the lead best believe im gonna go HAM on them and not sit there and camp them back.

Of course this is the way I play and the way you play isnt bad at all, just really really ugly to watch. Arizona needs to cut that camping bull**** out. Leave that for the EC please.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I mean, I play 10 matches and they average 5-6 minutes. It really is matchup dependent. When I'm fighting Fox/Falco/Falcon, matches generally go by faster. Sheik/Puff/Marth/Peach are campier matchups. I play to win, even if that means I might have to time someone out. And in the Grand Finals set, there were no timeouts.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
How unfortunate.

Its most likely because i've never watched you play a fastfaller, but I cant behind you on this one.

Its not like I dont respect playing to win, one of my favorite players is Pink Shinobi and he was notorious for camping. The thing is though, he camped because he didnt know what else to do in those situations, but when he played players he couldnt camp he went in on them, and it was obvious he knew what he was doing.

Like I said, I respect playing to win even if it means camping (except for Light, thats disgusting and should never be done ever again and anyone who does should be ashamed of themselves) but I dont condone campy styles at all. I think its toxic for the game in both a player and viewer perspective.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Seriously, though. I consider myself a hybrid. I'll play campy or aggressive depending on the person's playstyle/character.

Believe me, I hate watching matches that are mostly campfests (although sometimes they can get pretty intense, but most of the time, no). I play Brawl for God's sake so I can definitely understand. Camping in Melee really isn't as bad.

And if you watch the set, I practically chase Okami down for like the whole hour. Of course, I pull lots of turnips in the process because they help with approaching Sheik.

Light's Peach may be extremely campy, but it is effective and I respect him for wanting to win at all costs, even if it means people won't like him because of it.

Here's a match where I play more aggressively:

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Rubyiris :falco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4h02vkDptP8#t=244s

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
I dont dislike Lights style simply because its camping. Its the fact that (from the matches I watched) there was ALWAYS a better option.

Especially in his matches against Eddie where I understood he didnt know the MU, but really dude?

Vwins

Smash Ace
He doesn't know how to use them to trap fast foxes it seems, and he misses a lot of interceptions because he doesn't do the dash throw to get the angle needed to stop a forward b to the ledge
lol i know how to use the dash throw turnip to catch fox forward B but against good fox that know how to recover against peach its not that simple. Most of the time they will just up B physic when you are too far away from the edge to catch their up B since the good fox knows that the only thing you can do when you are too far is to throw a turnip to catch their forward B. Plus, sometime they will just Foward B sweet spot really fast without using fully their second jump so by the time you grab and throw your turnip they're already at the edge. And also i think turnips against fox are not that great in my experience I agree i could use them more occasionaly to approach fox but Its not that effective. You'll get punish more often than you will punish the fox using turnips against him in my opinion.

Sage and I were at the same tournament today and I got to show him a glimpse of my stuff. I hope I enlightened him and hopefully all of you will understand my knowledge when he preaches it too

Peach is easy
Jigglypuff is not a problem
vs Captain Falcon is even
Marth is difficult

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Sometimes I wanna bite this bait SO FRICKING MUCH. But then I remind myself to stay classy, and I walk away.

Had I known you mained Peach at Apex, we could've dittoed/talked more. I'll just say that.

Sometimes I wanna bite this bait SO FRICKING MUCH. But then I remind myself to stay classy, and I walk away.
Cool!

Had I known you mained Peach at Apex, we could've dittoed/talked more. I'll just say that.
Dude, The like the only times you've seen me play was me playing Peach, and a double Zelda team vs 2 scrubs. You had 1 chance to and you went Marth

...is heart being serious? i agree marth is hard but..
Yes. I am very serious. I know things other Peaches don't know

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So if u get a jab reset on a fox or falco at 30% or lower what do u do? I normally ether dsmash or grab and its normally to low of % to cg and i feel i could get more then just a dsmash. (And i know that if they r ready they can roll away after the jab).

So anyway i have been thinking about trying dtilt but i am not sure how much i can get from that at low %'s

Top Bottom