• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was watching the STYC stream, and saw him being amazing.

Also, wow. Hiemie posted in this thread...namesearch, perhaps?

Cia

das kwl
excuse me for being ignorant, but I've never heard of Hiemie (except for that guy with the black username) Am I in the presence of an Original? :o

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im prue, DoH is Piper, and Mccain can be Phoebe.

I never liked Paige cuz Prue was the ****.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
So to get better/faster at fc nair/running fc nair i put in a 2nd controller put my handicap at 1 and the dummys at 9 and set the dmg ratio to .5. Then i fc naired for like maybe 30mins then got bored lol.

So besides the getting bored part this seems like a good way to practice and get faster/ more consistent

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
that is what i do to practice fc nair also practice dd to run to fast fc nair, there is a different timing for jumping if you are in the run animation than if u are in the dash animation cause of the delay jumping from a run.
i think the best practice with peach is to think alot about matchups and mindgames, punishing is pretty easy.
also edgeguarding is very essential to practice the height of instant float

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I always come up blank when I try to think of Peach "mindgames." I just think we have a set list of mixups (for example, the whole grab/jab/dsmash thing on shields) that we can cycle through. Maybe I'm just not good enough to see them, but I dunno that we have the qualities that make mindgames possible in other characters.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, when you asked that, I thought that's what you were getting at. No, it's never really "defined," but an example that comes to mind for me is something like Jigglypuff's empty hops while their opponent is shielding, because she can bait reactions from someone who is expecting Puff to do one thing, and then punish them with something else. If that makes any sense at all.

This is just how I see mindgames, too. I think that referring to them as just "multiple options you can cycle through in any situation, based on how you've conditioned your opponent (or something like that)" works as well. In short, when I here mindgames, I think of tricks that play with your opponent's expectations, and I don't know that Peach has those.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Peach's "mindgames" can be very subtle. Fullhop uair falling nair or fullhop uair FC fair or fullhop uair dj FC dair. Unless they are punishing the uair directly, the opponent must be aware that all of those followups are viable and many more. Peach has the most unique movement patterns in the game and good trading moves in all directions so it can be quite difficult for an opponent to understand exactly what you are intending to do.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Man puff is so lame.. she just ***** peach so hard...

i hate how she does all that stuff that makes this matchup impossible...

of course i already know all that "stuff" that is so annoying and unbeatable, but what is your personal favorite thing puff does to **** peach?

Top Bottom