• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
ok peaches can u tel me how to beat ice climbers cus im scared of them now that hungrybox lost to chu dat so im going to play peach vs them
besides down smash i mean

like wat stages r good for peach and shud i use turnips stuf like that

Wake

Smash Master
LOLOLOL I remember it indeed. This is lookin like a Peach ditto MM. I beat Doll and then got 4 stocked by DoH haha. TO BE FAIR, it didn't happen again.

TinyB

Smash Rookie
Hey my name is Matt in new to semi new to smash ( still a scrub ) I need some info on peach like what I should use what I shouldnt... Things to avoid e.t.c. Any help is appreciated

:phone:

Cia

das kwl
that'll happen when there's like a line of 5+ players. Either way, ur run was only a fraction of my run.

Come see me when my controller doesn't break the day before tournament ;)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
johnsjohnsjohnsjohns

I've had the same controller for like 4 years that I just put a new board in this weekend

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
ok i got some stuff to say about what was going on earlier. (stuff i hope i wont regret writing)

alex it really imo not cool that u posted that video but u know what thats ok b/c yes i lost to dj nintendo's bowser and i am now fine with that. when it happened i honestly considered changing my gamer tag b/c i was embarrassed but i decided not to b/c i figure its ok to have some embarrassing losses (and on a side note my friends have made fun of me for the lost and how i lost). the one thing i am upset about with the video is it doesnt have what i said on stream after the match which was something like "i am upset i lost but its ok b/c dj is a much better player then me, but i am still getting better and next time he will beat me again but have to choose better characters to beat me. then i went on to say something like its ok to lose as long as u dont give up and keep trying the 2nd part feels off but it was a while ago and adrenaline but it was motivational). so yea u can post as many videos u want of me sucking and losing b/c they dont matter. they will just be a small footnote in my time playing this game.

and u know what i got back into this game somewhere in 2010 and i played sheik b/c my school was doing a smash ladder thing and i didnt have time to play someone who took more skill at a very basic level (my sheik sucked and hit a wall pretty fast, i am not saying she is so easy at a high level). at this time the best player at my school was a jiggs/roy player and he could beat me with both like i was a joke (which i was to be honest). he often rested me 2 to 3 times a match and i lost to his roy and it was a roy. I felt really stuck at my current level with sheik so i decided it was time for a change.

So sometime around a year ago i went back to peach (i used her in 2007 but i sucked and didnt know what fc was, thats what i meant when i said went back). so even through i had used her way back in the day it was honestly like starting from zero and it took time but eventually i could beat the jiggs/roy and now i haven't lost to him for a very long time. and within this year i have won a tourney (sure it was a small crappy one but it was my first win), i have become arguably the 2nd best in my region (LI) and with out question top 3, i have made it out of pools in the first big tourney i have ever entered.

so u know what i dont give a **** if people dont give me respect or think i am not very good b/c i have only really truly been playing this game for a year and i think i have done dam well for myself so far, and i plan to keep improving so say what u want and post what u will it means **** to me b/c i try to learn from the past and move on so whatever terrible vids there r of me playing dont matter since they show nothing of how i play today and how i am going to play in the future.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Hey my name is Matt in new to semi new to smash ( still a scrub ) I need some info on peach like what I should use what I shouldnt... Things to avoid e.t.c. Any help is appreciated

i know its a double post but i wanted to respond to this.

u need to be more specific, u r being to broad b/c what u should and shouldn't do changes depending on the MU. so if u can try to break what u mean down more.

i suggest u get comfortable with peach's movement and get use to doing float cancels, just as a foundation building tool for your peach

Edit: also i dont mean break it down by asking "what do i do vs fox" b/c thats still pretty vague. I mean if u r able try to ask about different siguation or be specific in whats giving u trouble, it will make it much easier to help give advice.

Also @ wake i need to get to sleep so i will respond to u and anyone else tomorrow.

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah don't sweat it. Everyone has those sorts of videos when they start out. Alex was just being dumb for no good reason I think.

And as far as losing to a specific character is concerned, I really wouldn't worry about it. If the player is better than you, that's all that matters. I mean, Mango embarrasses people with Mario, Hbox beats people with Ness, Cosmo beats people with Zelda, and Axe beats people with Pikachu. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the character.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
good for you nagace. one piece of advice i'd like to give, and just take this as you will, is to not focus on results and just focus on getting better. results will come with improvement, but focusing on results will hold you back.

also just curious, how is the LI scene? when you said top 3, who are the other top players? actually i dont even know the different regions among EC lol, I just see it all as new england

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
@baka g$ number 1, and ether i or codi is 2 (the one time i played codi in tourney i won, and we go pretty even in friendlys. but he has been better longer so he has better results overall atm). Also i understand i shouldn't focus on results i was just pointing results to show hiw far i have come in a kinda short time. The LI scene is solid, its got 20 plus but people r lazy and dont always show up. Also we r top heavy with skill but the lower level people seem dedicated and r getting better. And thanks for your reply

@wake: u r right about not focusing on the character, i dont mean for this to sound like i am throwing macd under the bus but hbox told me he 3 stocked macd with ness. Stuff like that happens and when a really good player plays a character u dont know how to fight weird losses can happen. And i find it really weird that alex posted that vid and stuff, b/c i dont know him that well but he seems like a cool guy and that seemed beneath him.

Who did doh add to ignore?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
DoH has the best post on this page.

Not to **** on your whole post but im not sure if it was needed. It just seems as if you're trying to prove to us that you should be thought of as a threat when you need to SHOW these things.

Your subtle mention of where you stand in your region. You're cliche quote on the stream. It all sounds a little trite and you're expressing it because someone posted a video of you losing to a better player (something you seem EXTREMELY upset with).

Just get over it and SHOW your results, dont talk about when they're coming.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
DoH has the best post on this page.

Not to **** on your whole post but im not sure if it was needed. It just seems as if you're trying to prove to us that you should be thought of as a threat when you need to SHOW these things.

Your subtle mention of where you stand in your region. You're cliche quote on the stream. It all sounds a little trite and you're expressing it because someone posted a video of you losing to a better player (something you seem EXTREMELY upset with).

Just get over it and SHOW your results, dont talk about when they're coming.
I understand why u might think that about my post but thats not the point. For one the stram thing is really what i said (well a little off, so cliche or not its i felt was importent to the story of that day and set).

I mentioned where i am on my region which is overall kinda weak and results and what not, not to brag but b/c 2 of the 3 things where on my to do list i made a couple months back (i posted it in this or the social thread dont remember. The only one not on the list is being top 3 i wanted to become #1 on LI which is still a plan but i didnt know how good G$ was back then.

The point wasn't to brag or to show i was a threat, it was to just say wins and losses happen and they dont matter as long as u move forward.

Its not that i am very angry about what alex posted just kinda surprised and i felt a little attacked.

U might of not felt the post was needed and thats fine, but there was no hidden meaning or anything in that post there was no bragging or talking about how good i am going to be. It was just straight forward and should be taken on face value.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm just saying that I lost to Gimpyfish's Bowser at FCD pools.

But I beat g-reg - with forward tilt to chaingrab - and won the pool anyhow.

kalamazhu

Smash Journeyman
I understand why u might think that about my post but thats not the point. For one the stram thing is really what i said (well a little off, so cliche or not its i felt was importent to the story of that day and set).

I mentioned where i am on my region which is overall kinda weak and results and what not, not to brag but b/c 2 of the 3 things where on my to do list i made a couple months back (i posted it in this or the social thread dont remember. The only one not on the list is being top 3 i wanted to become #1 on LI which is still a plan but i didnt know how good G$ was back then.

The point wasn't to brag or to show i was a threat, it was to just say wins and losses happen and they dont matter as long as u move forward.

Its not that i am very angry about what alex posted just kinda surprised and i felt a little attacked.

U might of not felt the post was needed and thats fine, but there was no hidden meaning or anything in that post there was no bragging or talking about how good i am going to be. It was just straight forward and should be taken on face value.

lol u lost to bowser noob

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Pink Shinobi was the bees knees. And Mikey was really good too.

On the topic of old Peaches, apparently Hiemie was the first one? I read this in a DoH post from a while back.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
OMG are we relating ourselves to Greek myths now?

Armada is Zeus (minus the ability to seduce anyone lol), Vanz is Hestia, DoH is narcissus and im the beautiful Pegasus that Bellerophon rode.

Cia

das kwl
OMG are we relating ourselves to Greek myths now?

Armada is Zeus (minus the ability to seduce anyone lol), Vanz is Hestia, DoH is narcissus and im the beautiful Pegasus that Bellerophon rode.
Why the eff am I Hestia? I couldn't have any less in common with her. I would be like.. apollo or something.

Top Bottom