• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Cia

das kwl
^ A campy fox can be a pain. The trick is to find ways to trap him / put him in a bad position. Pull turnips and remain grounded. chase him til he's cornered. at that point, he's either going to Nair through you, or go above you via the platforms. If they choose to bair through you, throw the turnip behind you OoS (or bair if you're quick enough). If he hops to the platforms, throw your turnip up. If you hit or not, you're going to get a reaction from the Fox. THIS IS THE BEST TIME TO PUNISH! grab combos and tech chases from there.

You are going to spend most of your time setting up traps. just be patient and punish hard. Here's a video of Myself vs a good Fox on DL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuNrhVUTQZY

hope that helps

Quaz

Smash Master
Good stuff VaNz, I'll try that trick out thanks =)

You're going to pound 4 right? If so I want tons of friendlies against you and many other peach players. (I'll feel lucky if I even get to play one match with Armada).

and OMG Swift, I wanna play pokemon stadium with that guy someday haha.

Cia

das kwl
^ MacD, I'm the worst player in the world against captain falcon.. maybe teczero can help?

Dogy - I did forget about your post lol.. but in an effort to avoid making a tl;dr, check the OP. It has info about Peach vs Doc.

Quaz

Smash Master
Mafia you a fan of peach dittos? I'll totally MM you for 5 dollas

btw does anyone ever ever waveland to grab on platforms with peach? it works a lot better than you think it would. I'm talking about when you like upthrow/dash attack someone and they are going to land on a platform they will usually tech in place thinking you'll just try to nair them or something. They will light shield and try to block.

I swear the waveland to grab works on like 90% of people because they don't expect it. And even if they tech roll you can usually get them and punish in time because I mean.. they're platforms.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i feel taht alot of peaches do what Tec0 just described rather than waveland grab.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
MacD, you teach ME how to play falcon, lol. Look at you takin it to SS on final d. That chain grab stock was great!

Cia

das kwl
Mafia you a fan of peach dittos? I'll totally MM you for 5 dollas

btw does anyone ever ever waveland to grab on platforms with peach? it works a lot better than you think it would. I'm talking about when you like upthrow/dash attack someone and they are going to land on a platform they will usually tech in place thinking you'll just try to nair them or something. They will light shield and try to block.

I swear the waveland to grab works on like 90% of people because they don't expect it. And even if they tech roll you can usually get them and punish in time because I mean.. they're platforms.
One of my favorite tricks of all time.

Uthrow > Uair.

This usually doesn't connect as shown, but there are so many things you can do in this situation. let's say our opponent is Fox (for simplicity) and we're on YS. Say i land a grab and he's about.. 50 percent. I Uthrow him and immediately Uair right after. If he missed his tech, the Uair hits, I can get another Uair, or Nair, or even a grab. But if he caught the tech and rolled anywhere, peach can tech chase grab (or dash attack) right away.

This is a really good way to get that easy 70%.

Samochan

Smash Master
Waveland to grab is nice especially when your opponent has kinda low-ish damage and then they wanna cc/shield your stuff cause they expect something akin to uair combos, which would then get peach punished. I've been tinkering with double jump landing as well, but waveland is good especially if they techroll on that platform. Nair is good though, hard to mess up and sets up for edgeguard.

Cia

das kwl
^ i've been finding it really hard to abuse DJC Dsmash. I had it for like two weeks, and I couldn't do it after that :(

nice avatar too.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ugh, no one knows how to fight falcon :( ss is too good i guess

i'll try critiquing myself

stop being such a noob and dash attacking, you kept getting kneed
sometimes you just gotta let him come to you and punish him

but seriously, one of my biggest problems is idk how to wait for stuff, i always feel like i have to go get them which isn't always the best plan, anyone know of ways to practice patients

Samochan

Smash Master
Dash attack combos falcon good... but you gotta be careful, cause one jump/dd means you'll miss him totally and he's free to punish you with whatever he desires, from grabs to aerials... and never forget that a grab from falcon is deadly, so shielding a dash attack is like free ko for falcon.

Dash attack works well as a chase though, falcon being a fast faller and heavy thing you can combo him into grabs and uairs and whatever you want. Funnily enough, well timed uair beats both his nair and dair approach. Uairs especially combo falcon very well, especially on platform stages.

Bair imo, can get through falcon's aerial attacks better than nair does. I rather not always be facing backwards against falcon though, so I often use nairs in a way that I float on or above the height falcon's usually short hop and nair, resulting in me getting the attack in there faster if I predicted his aerial approach or in some cases, even outprioritising him. Rising nair works well for this stuff too. Fair is good in a way of spacing, but falcon can just space much better and with much speedier aerial that his nair is, using fair too often as spacing method leads you to eat nair in the face with his long legs.

Nair-happy falcon can be punished with crouch canceling into nasty things, but knee and dair happy ones are more trickier cause of the stun to the shield and inability to cc them. Best bet is probably either avoiding them or shielding and then doing timely OoS stuff, especially if they mess that dair up and hit your shield too early. Float cancels/wd work on occasion if they like to do an aerial and then go dance around out of your OoS nair range for example, but you gotta predict the falcon if you wanna punish out of shield. They have many many options and spacing + running away usually leaves peach with little options to punish him.

I don't recommend too much turnip usage when on stage, but off stage one turnip can mean dead falcon. On stage, falcons can just kick you with nairs if you try a turnip approach and the turnip would just bounce from him, then his approaching speed is so fast you'll find yourself unable to even pull turnips safely, especially on smaller stages like yoshi. But if you get a turnip, a tricky approach often works the best and if you get a short hopped fc fair to something+dsmash, it'll likely go through his shield. Falcon doesn't like dsmash close to his shield as his legs become very vulnerable when his shield diminishes, but be extra careful about using dsmash when also spacing a lot. One dsmash not dealing stun to him means a knee/dair/combo to the face if the falcon is any competent in dealing with peaches.

When recovering back, watch out his uair. Prefer to get back from as high as possible so he can't reach you, then avoid that uair. You can be tricky and fast fall with bair to protect you for example, or dair when you think you've caught him off guard. But in any case, while uair is not superdeadly, it beats all your aerials so watch out for that one (not forgetting it can semispike on the ledge). If you need to sweetspot, be ready to meteor cancel and ledgetech those dairs if you can and be wary of falcon jumping at you off stage.

Cause falcon is so tricky, quick and dash dance happy, you as a peach must be as tricky and fast in your defense as well. Abuse your dd, shield and OoS options and even that wavedash. One wavedash might be just enough to keep falcon's spaced feet from hitting you and providing you with an opening. Crouch cancel punish immediately if you see an opening in his nairing. If you get him off stage, don't mess up this opportunity to edgeguard him. His recovery is very predictable, so you can even go all fancy at him and he'll never make it back in one piece.

If you want some vids of armada vs calle w's falcon, you should head to minisparken's tube account and see some (there's even a video where he 3 stocks armada's peach on a friendly D: ). Then there are some armada vs Dev's falcon on my own account Samochan, from around 4 months ago (armada 4 stocks him on dk64, poor dev).

I hope this helps, even a bit. <_>

MacD

haha wall of text

i'm sure everyone can use some learing on how to fight falcon, he's hard with peach :(

probably one of my worst match ups, so all that text did help me with a thing or two, i feel though like it's everything i heard before i just don't do it right :/

oh well, next weekend at R3 i've decided i'm going to beat ss and scar so yea, screw you falcon, i'm only allowed to lose to mango, zhu, and lucky

hope for more vids and hope for me ****** falcon (i know you'll see this scar <3 and can't wait to meet/play you)

Scar

#HarveyDent
LOLOLOLOLOL

im such a namesearch ****

$2 macd let's do this

i suck vs peach too so let's sit and play friendlies afterwards

or we can just do a Bo11 moneymatch for 2 dollars

Cia

das kwl
LOLOLOLOLOL

im such a namesearch ****

$2 macd let's do this

i suck vs peach too so let's sit and play friendlies afterwards

or we can just do a Bo11 moneymatch for 2 dollars
TRAP!

Now all i have to do is get Hax into some other video game (or a girlfriend) and I'll be rid of the EC Falcons. /diabolicalplot

MacD

either or works for me scar

haha vanz, i knew scar was trying to be all tricky, but thanks for the heads up

and kirby kaze i had that exact same thought hahaha

Cia

das kwl
^ No I haven't. I hate that move. I have used Usmash tho and gotten the super sweet spot hit. I haven't done it a while since Jfox made a really good point. "Why send Fox up when you can send him away?"

Jfox needs to get back on these boards.

oh, and I've seen MaNg0's peach. It's hilarious. But not more hilarious than Jman's

The Irish Mafia

Jman's peach, lol. I'd like to see that.
and IMO Nair tends to work better than usmash, but I like usmash situationally because you can follow it up. Then again, I could probably finish a ledgeguard for a kill. . .
The peach player's dilemma: Take the risk to look cool, or play safely and effectively?

Cia

das kwl
Jman's peach, lol. I'd like to see that.
and IMO Nair tends to work better than usmash, but I like usmash situationally because you can follow it up. Then again, I could probably finish a ledgeguard for a kill. . .
The peach player's dilemma: Take the risk to look cool, or play safely and effectively?
Easy. Look cool. I could blow an entire set on something amazing and not care at all as long as it looked cool.

Quaz

Smash Master
soo whats everyones opinion on downtilt? downtilt to charged usmash on the super sweet spot kills fox at 70% even if he DIs on FD. (just make sure you charge it long enough so the % ends at 103.. yeah assuming you have no stale moves <_<)

I'd imagine its super hard to even land a hit with dtilt tho, and super good mewtwoking tech skill players will just DI it or tech it somehow anyways cuz its a meteor smash.

oh and Mafia how does $5 sound? If you dont feel comfortable doing that much we can just do $1 its all good with me.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
IMO D-tilt is pretty useful as a defensive move.

Its a neat alternative to avoid stuff like grabs or spaced attacks instead of using sidestep.

And the hitstun on that dtilt is so looooooool.

Top Bottom