• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Dtilt is hilariously fun to use xD

Good to use when trying to cover someone's approaches, and adding shield pressure. Sometimes running then dtilt works if you space properly, catches ppl off guard.

Also as Tec0 said, the hitsun...a dtilt on a spacie at high percentage leaves them vulnerable to basically anything you want (tried uair, killed like a charm). Low percentage fun with dtilts on fast fallers is dtilt > nair, imo.

Cia

das kwl
I wish Ryoko still posted on the Peach boards. I'm sure he could type pages and pages of uses for Dtilt.

I recently started using it to edge guard Ganondorf when he tries to come from below the ledge. (Dtilt > Fair) Tipman said he had trouble teching it.

+1 tricksies for Peach.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i always wanna try edge guarding with dtilt, but it's hard to time sometimes, or those stupid super technical fox people tech it

i remember at genesis i was talking to cactuar and he's like why don't more peaches dtilt then run under charge an upsmash, i had to laugh a little at that

he also said that all characters need to upsmash more, which i think is true with peach, broken priority for the win!!!

Cia

das kwl
i always wanna try edge guarding with dtilt, but it's hard to time sometimes, or those stupid super technical fox people tech it

i remember at genesis i was talking to cactuar and he's like why don't more peaches dtilt then run under charge an upsmash, i had to laugh a little at that

he also said that all characters need to upsmash more, which i think is true with peach, broken priority for the win!!!

that's a Ryoko trick.. lolz I've done that maybe.. twice? but the Dtilt can be DI'd, so it's not guaranteed. And actually killing spacies with Usmash is a pain. they'd have to be well in their 100s.

And the Dtilt works so well on ganondorf because they technically can't sweet spot the ledge with their Up+B. So it will always clip him if he wants to take the ledge. However, fox can sweetspot the ledge. So you'd only Dtilt him to prove how bad that player's recovery was :laugh:

twin_a - no prob ^_^

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
If its DIed you can land an upair or Fair though.

Its soooo good, the problem is getting used it.

Because imo used aggressively it kinda sucks since she decides to sit down and bring her arm all the way back just to sweep the ****en ground.

But defensively I think it can be used well especially since thats the time where your opponent DI incorrectly the most anyway. And your opponent is probably already in a position to try to strike you.

Stuff ***** grabs though.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
More like invincible arms and head for 10 frames. lmao wtf is that move

Peach and Marth both need to upsmash more imo.
Cactus has always been a big advocate of Marth and Roy's upsmashes. At least he's not as obsessed with upsmashes as KoreanDJ was. :laugh:

Cia

das kwl
More like invincible arms and head for 10 frames. lmao wtf is that move

lol.. makes more sense than Falco charging Dsmash

edit: On practice mode, Dtilt > semi charged SWEETSPOT Usmash killed Falco on FD as early as 74% This is with absolutely no DI don't expect this to happen in tournament very often.. but yeah.

edit2 - i didn't know dtilt grabbed items.. did anyone else know this? how did i go 2 years w/o knowing this?!

MacD

edit: On practice mode, Dtilt > semi charged SWEETSPOT Usmash killed Falco on FD as early as 74% This is with absolutely no DI don't expect this to happen in tournament very often.. but yeah.

i've always been scared they could just shine for something just in time so i've never tried that... or maybe just never gotten a dtilt at that percent

oh and i was playing mango's fox in tourney, i got a dtilt and was all excited casue he was at like 130 so he was going to die from uair on FD i think it was, he DIed up... i didn't even know you could do that, i got mad, just one more reason mango *****
edit2 - i didn't know dtilt grabbed items.. did anyone else know this? how did i go 2 years w/o knowing this?!
haha wtf, that makes no sense

GSUB

Smash Lord
SO on Mountain Stage transformation on Pokemon Stadium, I'm now a huge fan of FC-Nairing in the hole instead of spamming dsmash, and then ending with up-smash.

Go try it on a CPU or something and FC nair as fast as you can! it's too good hearing fox scream like a ***** :)

Cia

das kwl
SO on Mountain Stage transformation on Pokemon Stadium, I'm now a huge fan of FC-Nairing in the hole instead of spamming dsmash, and then ending with up-smash.

Go try it on a CPU or something and FC nair as fast as you can! it's too good hearing fox scream like a ***** :)
!! I have this clip of me destroying someone's Marth in that area. It was a mix of Dsmash and FC aerials. It looked so pro and probably would have gone much further, but the guy rage quit D:

I might upload it later.

Cia

das kwl
I'd love to see it!!! :D

And I just realised I'm kinda a fanboy of you...
We use Peach and Puff :)

simple and effective > flashy and not as effective
I disagree with this whole heartedly. You gotta put on a show, otherwise there's no point in playing :D

and yeah, Crismas pretty much said it.

The Irish Mafia

Unless it's a friendly.
Pretty much

w/ fox in friendlies, if I get down there, I do shine-nair, simply because wallshining looks so gayyyyyy

If I'm playing in tournament, I doubt I'm gonna try to FC nair a guy down there when I could get a guarenteed 40 summat percent dsmashing. FC nair is more likely to hit them out, i think, so it just makes more sense to Dsmash
there's no shame in flash, but there is shame in missing your kill and losing therefore.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Well flashy stuff can be used for mindgames. If you get this 70% combo involving the usual stuff, your opponent will be like, "meh its a peach. I can come back really easily." But if you do some awesome 50% combo involving flying across the stage doing all these pointless moves, your opponent will be like, "OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?!?" And then you can proceed to destroy them in their shocked state :)

And btw, hi melee peach boards. How've you been? :)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I disagree with this whole heartedly. You gotta put on a show, otherwise there's no point in playing :D
To each his own I guess lol. I'd rather go with the guaranteed thing rather than something that can mess up what you have going you know? But yeah, Crismas is right. If it's friendlies flashy *****.

Well flashy stuff can be used for mindgames. If you get this 70% combo involving the usual stuff, your opponent will be like, "meh its a peach. I can come back really easily." But if you do some awesome 50% combo involving flying across the stage doing all these pointless moves, your opponent will be like, "OMG WTF JUST HAPPENED!?!?!?!?" And then you can proceed to destroy them in their shocked state :)

And btw, hi melee peach boards. How've you been? :)
lol I don't know about people being shocked. All the good players don't let things get into their heads like that.

The Irish Mafia

Hay llod. You going to Pound? good to see some more little kids playing smash.

The whole "tech skill as a mindgame" argument is kind of weak. I remember when I was reading L2P guides, people listed "scare new opponents who don't know about it" as one of the advantages of wavedashing. I mean, it just doesn't hold up.

My reaction to seeing someone doing something I've never seen before is usually "I should try that later", but then again I'm at a state where there aren't a lot of things that I haven't seen before.

MacD

i wish i could be flashy, like when i did 4 dash attacks against ss, i knew that i could have fc uair and probabaly done more but i was scared i would mess up the uair... time to practice tech skill i guess :/

but why not just be flashy while playing simple... that's what i try to do

The Irish Mafia

Of course it's good to be flashy when the option presents itself, but taking stupid risks that don't benefit in the long run is just illogical.

Look for Hax$'s post in the falcon boards, "You guys need to drop the manliness thing" or something, I'm paraphrasing the name. He talks about how gay=good in gaming, and that sometimes a triple knee will be less effective than an utilt.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
VaNz!!!! we have to play both all 3 games and see who's better. Peach in melee, Peach/Jiggz in brawl, and Peach in Brawl+ >=D

(even tho ur probably better than me with all those characters lol)

And quaz we have to play :)

Cia

das kwl
VaNz!!!! we have to play both all 3 games and see who's better. Peach in melee, Peach/Jiggz in brawl, and Peach in Brawl+ >=D

(even tho ur probably better than me with all those characters lol)

And quaz we have to play :)
definitely. all variations of smash in one place.. Pound is going to be so sick!

Top Bottom