• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so there was a tournament today and I entered and got 3rd in.

I almost beat Zhu (won 1st round, lost 2nd round barely [last stock last hit] and then lost 3rd) and HugS (took him to 5th round since it was loser's finals. I got well over 10 stitchfaces; he wasn't very happy about that lol).

Yes I'm bragging ;)

TheLake

Smash Master
Yeah, I played the Lake as well. Just stay on top of her. Don't downsmash her shield because she'll light shield to push herself away and kick you in the face.
Umm.. Peach pretty much destroys Zelda with Nair OoS alone. I actually played a good Zelda in tournament this weekend. He landed way more Fairs and Bairs then i would have expected, but Peach's aerial speed is just way too much for Zelda.

Also, Turnip approach kinda sucks in the match up because Zelda just reflects it back at you. I'll put a really detailed description of the match up on the OP at some point. But for now

-Shield camp
-Nair OoS.
-Bait + Punish Fairs/Bairs
lol as funny as it sounds I've played the lake and tourney and beat him. Cosmo used zelda against me recently and wrecked me. I guess he's just a much better player though lol.

but yeah nayru's love is really annoying to deal with, but I'll get around it thanks for the tips guys

Sup D'oH. You going to pound 4? I wanna rematch you. :bee:
...peachs nair is broken ><

ill have my revenge on you all!!! *shakes fists at the heavens* zelda will rue the day, just you wait!

Cia

das kwl
I'm really good at fighting any character that fights a lot in the air, anything that has to short hop for full jump most of their attacks. I'm also very good at fighting anything i can outspace. And lastly I'm good vs anything that I can edge gaurd the **** out of. SO basically I **** Fox because I can competely outspace him, I can punish his full jumps and short hop arials, and I can edge gaurd the **** out of him.

Unfortunately, Fox is a really hard matchup, especially when Foxes are very good at camping with lasers. But honestly, I've always thought it was really only Peach's 3rd worst matchup. (I wonder what Armada would think...)

Marth
Sheik
Fox
Falcon
Falco
Ganon
Jiggs

Everything else peach basically have advantage against.
Lol.. i think you got a little too attached to Peach. She's not a super hero.. lol

and SURELY does not have the advantage over Captain Falcon

MacD

Banned via Administration
god i hate falcon, i always end up DIing wrong, it's sooooo stupid

and what plank said about up air no matter the di, if i'm not mistaking, if i DI away i have a smallllll window to jump airdodge, though i only play against one sheik and idk if he always does it right, granted i've never gotten out of it, just heard me jump

and i was playing a marth and that 3rd side b hit that spikes hit my shield and i shield grabbed, we were confused because it's supposed to auto space so idk what happened there

EDIT: i love that hold jump then wiggle out of tumble so you are floating without using your jump, it's soooo good

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
nope, you'll never get out of it when i do it :p

but you generally tend to live a bit longer from the trajectory of my uair, for some reason. maybe like 8% longer depending on DI

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
so there was a tournament today and I entered and got 3rd in.

I almost beat Zhu (won 1st round, lost 2nd round barely [last stock last hit] and then lost 3rd) and HugS (took him to 5th round since it was loser's finals. I got well over 10 stitchfaces; he wasn't very happy about that lol).

Yes I'm bragging ;)
Bragging about the "almost" wins really makes you look like a noob (even though I can tell you're not completely serious... I hope). By bragging, you don't give too much credit to how good your opponent really is. Zhu was playing terribly in your set. Almost as if he wanted to rush the win (and in the end, he still pulled through).

I'm only telling you this because I actually know you. Be humble. It's the only way to get better.

I'm really good at fighting any character that fights a lot in the air, anything that has to short hop for full jump most of their attacks. I'm also very good at fighting anything i can outspace. And lastly I'm good vs anything that I can edge gaurd the **** out of. SO basically I **** Fox because I can competely outspace him, I can punish his full jumps and short hop arials, and I can edge gaurd the **** out of him.
What good fox players have you beaten recently in tournament? I'm just asking out of curiosity.

and SURELY does not have the advantage over Captain Falcon
Falcon vs Peach is 50/50. It's as even as it gets.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Michael, you should know that I'm wasn't completely serious off the bat. I thought you knew me better :(

Anyways, I always thought Peach/Falcon was slightly in Falcon's favor.

Samochan

Smash Master
Anyways, I always thought Peach/Falcon was slightly in Falcon's favor.
I think so too. I mean, how else could it be with those combos falcon can pull off against her that basically kill her on any stage <-110% even with massive smash di. Even armada hates falcon matchup cause falcon is one of the few chars that can still combo and kill his peach. And this comes from a person who mauls foxes, falcos and even marths (and likes the last matchup even lol). Not even gonna go to sheik lol. =)

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
OMG, Armada has the best Sheik game with Peach. Vidjo probably comes in second.

Michael, you should know that I'm wasn't completely serious off the bat. I thought you knew me better :(
I know you weren't completely serious but we both know that post was a nicely veiled brag. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being confident but you have to know when and where to make such posts.

I didn't say anything about you or Hugo because Hugo always brings out the best out of his opponents, and if you were able to have a close set with him then that's amazing. Now you know what you're capable of with Peach. I only regret not seeing that set.

The Irish Mafia

Peach thinks peach loses to falcon, falcon thinks falcon loses to peach. I love the matchup personally, but I think it's split right down the center. Neither character has the advantage, it comes down to stage IMO, but even then a win against the odds isn't crazy to expect.

It's a fun matchup.

JFox

Smash Hero
JFox: you play against Fox's that make mistakes. I've never been afforded that luxury unfortunately.
Honestly, I hate that people assume things they don't know. You actually have no idea who I play against. I play against Eggm, Jman and Cactuar. All of them are EXTREMELY good vs peach, so get that **** outta here.

Kouryuu, I havent entered a tournament since Genesis since im retired from competitive play :/. The only foxes I played at genesis i beat, and they were both pools matches. I beat Shiz's fox round 2 and so he switched back to Falco to beat me round 3. And I beat aarrosmashguy or w/e, who used fox falco on me. So honestly, i dont really have the record to prove it. Guess you'll have to trust me.

Maybe ill record one day so my words hold more value...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
k this is probably gonna sound dumb but

wtf are you supposed to do against a jiggs if it misses a rest. Seriously. XD

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hahaha thats the question isnt it? It was debated a few pages back...fair?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Eh, free damage is free damage.

Anddddd Falcon > Peachhhhhh.

Not impossible, just pretty **** hard. But then again most of her match ups are as such.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I believe so. Again I'm assuming midish percent like 30-50 area?

Not 100% sure tho so don't quote me on it. Its just... it works out in my head >_<.

It can't hurt to try right?

Or pull turnip fair jump throw turnip nair?

Just throwing out ideas.

Quaz

Smash Master
I used to think you could throw a turnip above her head and charge usmash and release when the turnip hits for a sweet spot but then I found out jiggs can just cc the turnip and..... yeah it didn't go well from there lets just say that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Quaz - I heard of a cool concept of throwing a turnip in midair and charging dsmash

The idea is that the dsmash hits like a moment before the turnip will and the turnip forces jiggs for another hit of the dsmash.

Never seen it happen though. T_T

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Hey Vanz, I have a quick question regarding IC's (or rather Popo to be specific):

If you're left with Popo, is there any given combo Popo has against Peach? Any automatic combos off of grabs? If he does, can you DI out of it? I just want to know how much of a threat Popo is when left alone.

When the Puff is not at killing percent, I just chuck a few turnips up and pray I pull a stichface. If I don't, I quickly turn around and Dair > Nair combo them right before they wake up.

I'm sure there are more damaging ways to punish but this is enough to keep me satisfied lol.

Cia

das kwl
Hey Vanz, I have a quick question regarding IC's (or rather Popo to be specific):

If you're left with Popo, is there any given combo Popo has against Peach? Any automatic combos off of grabs? If he does, can you DI out of it? I just want to know how much of a threat Popo is when left alone.
Popo can Dthrow > Usmash/Uair Peach. You can DI up to avoid the Usmash (around 70% and up) but he'll always catch a Uair. That can kill peach at around 130 on FD. Because of his poor range, he isn't much of a threat to peach, but he hits really hard. But that's the most dangerous auto combo. His Bair hurts too.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Quaz - I heard of a cool concept of throwing a turnip in midair and charging dsmash

The idea is that the dsmash hits like a moment before the turnip will and the turnip forces jiggs for another hit of the dsmash.
And If she tries to CC, she's toast!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

I throw a turnip, grab Jiggs, mash her, then throw her into the turnip. I then immediately do an aerial asap.

I remember talking to Iggy about something with 2 turnips, but I forget exactly how it went.

The Irish Mafia

Shiz plays a good fox.

i was thinking about punishing rest, and I'm pretty sure dair nair is the smartest thing to do. I doubt I'll pull off any of those fancy turnip throws into smashes things, and dair nair is 24 damage, which is good enough for me.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You can space a tipper golf club to punish rests. Just keep f-smash til you get the golf club and then charge it. It outranges the other ones if you space it right so you don't have to worry about hitting Jiggs with the other f-smashes.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Except Jiggs can smash DI the dair and then you get piddly damage. How much damage do her throws do? You could just grab and bash Jiggs a couple times and then use her most damaging throw.

Top Bottom