• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

Samochan

Smash Master
What about discussing toad? That move is hella underrated. Against falco, he can't basically do anything about it if his laser hits and then he gets spored and fail to tech. Sometimes I've used this against marths trying to fair or simply attack me me below platform, which then bounces them off to said platform and fail to tech, thus vulnerable against chasing. Toad also has quite lot of range. Oh and last tourney, I managed to do another shield break against yuna's peach as he faired me, shielded but got spored and he was like whaaat when his full shield broke instantly. =) That's basically a free sweetspot upsmash kill right there (go in front of them, charge and hit when they sway in your direction).

Double jump landing should be also looked into more. Last tournament I got dtilt to waveland to uair kill combo against marth and dtilt to waveland to upsmash ko against ganondorf. If you dash attack a spacey below a platform and then waveland, they have couple of frames to put up a shield. You're free to grab, but I think successive dash attacking would be very sexy at that moment, but unavailable with waveland cause they shield (unless they techroll). Suprise dash attack would also be a suprise, no di from opponent and then you'd be free to uair and nair em and things. =) Successive uairing/aerialing/upsmashing when opponent goes kinda too far from your attacks such as dtilt and uair could be possible with very quick djl. Just imagine comboing a spacey to the top of battlefield and finishing it with djl sweetspot upsmash. <3

Samochan

Smash Master
Holy crap Toad can break shields?
Yes he can. =) I've done it twice on my smash career now. The requirement are that your opponent manages to land after dealing a hit and shield, requiring something lagless like falco lasers or peach float cancel. They are also required to land right in front of you, so that all the spores hit. You can prolly do from further away as well if your opponent's shield is smaller, but if all the spores hit it will break a full shield in an instant. Toad for best shieldbreaker ever whoot!

Samochan

Smash Master
Since we're talking about Toad, check this match out with Vidjo and Sliq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnXJmW7XSn4

I really like how he used Toad at 1:17. I think he uses it the same way twice in this match. Pretty crafty, eh? :chuckle:
Well, myself can't think of it being too crafty, cause I use it the same way myself and more. :p Toad recovery is too good imo.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Hi melee peach boards :D! I main peach in brawl and I'm Vanz harassed me into gonna start playing melee. I already know about some basics (wavedashing, spacing turnip game etc) but it would be AMAZING if you guys could spill your guts and tell me stuff like matchups and w/e you want :D

JFox

Smash Hero
Hi melee peach boards :D! I main peach in brawl and I'm Vanz harassed me into gonna start playing melee. I already know about some basics (wavedashing, spacing turnip game etc) but it would be AMAZING if you guys could spill your guts and tell me stuff like matchups and w/e you want :D
Check the OP, guy. Bunch of char matchups

Samochan

Smash Master
No dissing fsmash here. D: It's awesome for spacing especially on peach dittos, tennis racket always kills fast fallers or those with sucky recovery and I've killed jiggs with frying pan keke. Pan also combos fast fallers. ^^

Samochan

Smash Master

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I was searching for some of that amsha armada stuff and recently, armadas been using peach in teams instead of fox. He's got some more of that euro style to go with it too. Anyone else seen the vids of that recent tourney?

JFox

Smash Hero
OP has matchups on almost all characters. Also, never fsmash, or jfox will kill you.
You are the most immature kid. I've had enough, you have now been ignore listed.

JFox's Ignore List

The Irish Mafia

thats it. You have successfully posted so bad that you are the first person I have ever ignore listed in the 4 years of being here.

Cia

das kwl
I never knew AR was using Fox in teams. it's funny because I'm about to start going Sheik in teams. Sometimes i just need that little bit of speed that Peach just can't bring.

=[

Cia

das kwl
^ But I already know Falco.

teach me SC3

Also, You're way better off asking Cactuar how to use spacies on those stages. It's not hard at all to avoid the hazzards, but he can show you how to use them to your advantage

Quaz

Smash Master
hey VaNz what is your opinion on the matchup VS zelda? I played a really good one the other day at a tourney and it was my first time getting wrecked by a zelda 1v1 lol.

Cia

das kwl
Umm.. Peach pretty much destroys Zelda with Nair OoS alone. I actually played a good Zelda in tournament this weekend. He landed way more Fairs and Bairs then i would have expected, but Peach's aerial speed is just way too much for Zelda.

Also, Turnip approach kinda sucks in the match up because Zelda just reflects it back at you. I'll put a really detailed description of the match up on the OP at some point. But for now

-Shield camp
-Nair OoS.
-Bait + Punish Fairs/Bairs

Also, Zelda can't do a thing about Full Jump Float approach. Her Double Jump Fair is too low and her Uair is so slow, you can evade and punish it easily.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Yeah, I played the Lake as well. Just stay on top of her. Don't downsmash her shield because she'll light shield to push herself away and kick you in the face.

If you get a stitch, camp outside of her range with fair and bait Nayru's. Force her to land on stage by edgehogging and then dair to uair or upsmash once she's in kill range. If she's not, downsmash or nair on the platform. Zelda's also just like peach in terms of weight, but she can't nair out of combos so it's even easier.

JFox

Smash Hero
all i pretty much do is bait nayru's love and than punish. if u full jump with a turnip in hand, you can throw up or behind you and they will try to reflect assuming u will throw at them, then punish. its pretty much the same as baiting marth's counter, cept nayru's love has a bit of a hitbox to watch for.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yea I was about to say just bait naryu's love lol.

Also let her approach you. She relies a lot on people approaching her. Watchout for those triple fair/bair she can pull off in a sh + dj.

Quaz

Smash Master
lol as funny as it sounds I've played the lake and tourney and beat him. Cosmo used zelda against me recently and wrecked me. I guess he's just a much better player though lol.

but yeah nayru's love is really annoying to deal with, but I'll get around it thanks for the tips guys

Sup D'oH. You going to pound 4? I wanna rematch you. :bee:

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
You are the most immature kid. I've had enough, you have now been ignore listed.

JFox's Ignore List

The Irish Mafia

thats it. You have successfully posted so bad that you are the first person I have ever ignore listed in the 4 years of being here.
Ok, that's it.
I'm a patient person. I'm not the first person to get worked up, or at least I like to think of myself that way. But this? I can recall 1 occasion where I said anything where I intended to prompt an argument with JFox, and it's not even the above.

Also, screw you Jfox
That's it. That's the only time I ever wanted to argue with him. But every time, EVERY time I said something, there was some snide comment or an argument about everything I said wrong. It's as connor said, there isn't an awful lot left to discover about peach to improve her metagame, so any discussion is more for fun than anything. I say that Fsmash has a use, and here's the peach genius, telling me i'm this board's biggest ******. I don't remember saying I've ever used it, nor saying it was a good idea, but an earful none the less. Hell, he called me stupid because I said it was a good idea to WD with peach. I mean, what? WDing with peach IS a good idea. Pretty much every time I post here and I'm not asking for advice, I'm asking for JFox to tell me I'm wrong. I even tried to serious up, but connor then informs me that there's no purpose in discussing peaches' good moves, as we already know everything about them.
Now, I'm not going "BAAAAW why does no one on the peach boards like me" or am I trying to turn the peach boards into the irish mafia v Jfox battlefield. I'm just sick of taking this. Lord knows if he'll see it anyway. Probably not.

Cia

das kwl
^ her attacks are fast. Her mobility is =[

It's not fun watching your teammate get death combo'd while you try to get to them.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
who would run into 2 dsmashes? And at the same time?
it happens all the time... I don't know why they don't learn ;D

I was joking bout speed.
Have the same problem with weegee recovering. Though onstage he's faster than foxy woxy :p

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
what about dthrow -> peach bomber as a tech chase? :p
Peach Bomber is a fun way to start a match on FD if you and your opponent are ports 1+3/2+4/3+2

Who's Peach's best teamate anyway? Someone fast I'd assume (Fox/Sheik? lol)
Fox is the best teammate in the game. Therefore, Peach is best w/ Fox

^ her attacks are fast. Her mobility is =[
QFT

Toad is nifty against high edge-guards from Falcon/Ganon (ask RockCrock). I didn't know he could break shields though, that's freakin' awesome!

And Exarch has been preaching djl forever. I love it, it works.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Hmm, so yeah anyone have suggestions on some combos with Ganon as teammate? :o

ALSO, I'm going to advocate a no drama zone here on the Peach boards. This is the first time in a while it's been peaceful here and I LOVE it<3 so chillax pplz.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
You can do good stuff off gannon's bthrow, like a dair nair into his fthrow just off the top of my head

I stand by falcon as being peaches' best teammate, but make sure he's acurate. too many time's I've just had to forgive and forget some misplaced knees
Fox is good but I don't think the peach fox chemistry is right on, there's always something off about when I team with a fox
Marth is good but it goes the same as falcon, if they're not needlepoint precise then get ready to eat some fsmashes

Look in the "Peach in Teams" thread, there's plenty of stuff there

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
What about Sheik? Sheik covers ground really well and together they can pretty much be an impenatrable wall without eating and aerial or dsmash or something. Both can play a closing in pressure game/camp pressure type thing. Sheiks kill power and easy set ups are a great compliment to Peach too.

I take credit for the peace.

It happens a lot. I actually try to cause trouble sometimes to see if I can reverse the peace I bring, but it usually fails...

JFox

Smash Hero
Peach fox is the only real team i enjoy playing as peach on. Maybe peach sheik if the sheik is really aggro, like tec0. Peach peach can be fun, but i dont trust it for tourney unless of one of the two players has a secondary.

The problem i find these days is that everyone gangs up on my teammate, so the teammate has to be able to be good at 2v1, cuz peach is slow as hell and takes forever to recover. One of the most effective things is just fox as the aggressor while peach just holds stock, waits for dsmashes, set up some kills, and once in a while saves her partner. Peach without an aggressor is often forced to attack in order to KO, and forcing peach to attack is like the worst thing they can do to you :(

Cia

das kwl
^ Pretty much every grab Ganon / Peach have sets up for nasty combos. But that team is more about controlling space. Basically, Peach runs in and just tosses enemies everywhere. Ganon ***** his catch with Dair > Tech chase. (which is pretty much the standard combo of the team.)

If you're in a 2 v 1 situation against you're opponent, Here's a nice and quick combo: Peach grab > Ganon Dair > Peach Usmash (Uair if they DI'd) > Ganon Fair > Peach Follow up / edgeguard.

It can be done during one of your opponent's spawn times, or if one of your opponents is recovering. Ganon is such a broken teammate.

Top Bottom