• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
can't you sweetspot an usmash on puff? I've seen it on Kongo Jungle but that's probably because of the slopes...

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
hey teczero <3

I played Shiz, Colbol, KeepSpeedn, Rice.

Jiggs can rest peach out of turnip> upsmash rest punish. Turnip d smash works though dair>uair if you think they won't DI, or charge an f smash and pray for a frying pan.

JFox

Smash Hero
toad is one of the most rewarding moves :)

sometimes its really not a bad choice while recovering. often times people will come out to hit me (falcon) and toad is perfect.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I thought I was the only person who used toad lol...

I like it when I'm at the ledge and Marth tries to f-smash me and I toad. Just like do it once a match though cuz it becomes predictable.

Cia

das kwl
About 98% of the time I use toad to recover, my opponent ends up missing their attack and destroying my toad lag with an even stronger attack.

JFox

Smash Hero
how dude? if a sheik runs out there to fall off double jump fair, and misses, hows she gonna punish ur toad? If falcon down throw knees and misses the knee, when i toad, he is gonna be too low to even punish toad to float. or when eggm/jman do that stupid shine stall bair crap with fox/falco while im recovering- boom toad...peace dude ill take a free recovery

its actually the best option at extremely situational times. and its ****

Cia

das kwl
how dude? if a sheik runs out there to fall off double jump fair, and misses, hows she gonna punish ur toad? If falcon down throw knees and misses the knee, when i toad, he is gonna be too low to even punish toad to float. or when eggm/jman do that stupid shine stall bair crap with fox/falco while im recovering- boom toad...peace dude ill take a free recovery

its actually the best option at extremely situational times. and its ****
what I mean is they will unintentionally miss their first attack, and Double jump with a strong attack while i'm stuck in toad animation.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I never really use Toad because when I misuse it, I look like an idiot.

And for some strange reason (like Vanz), Toad tends to backfire on me more often than not. =\

JFox

Smash Hero
lemme attempt to explain this again

...if your opponent goes off the ledge to attack while using their double jump, toad is the best possible option. if they hit, they get toaded, if they miss, they've already used their double jump and cant hit you. it doesnt even require mindgames...its just understanding your opponents options and reacting to spacing with the correct move.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Don't you guys have a general Peach Discussion topic or something like that?

Anyway Armada is ****: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4UPtXU-JH8
You should all have a look at his new videos if you didn't allready.
Now I want a MM with Armada.

So lets see, that's Canada and Europes economy I'm gonna be draining. Armada where you at, $20 USD get at me.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
Hey can anyone help when it is best to appraoch with fc nairs? or fc fairs?

and who and when it is appriote to APPROACH WITH THESE MOVES B/C THAT IS THE ONLY TWO MOVES I APPROACH WITH AS OF NOW?

SORRY FOR CAPS DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORK THIS KEYBOARD LAUGH

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Y'all don't know about my bro. He's legit. If he actually cared about the game he'd be waaaay better than Lite.

As he now stands, Lite would definitely mop the floor with him, though. :ohwell:

Cia

das kwl
Hey can anyone help when it is best to appraoch with fc nairs? or fc fairs?

and who and when it is appriote to APPROACH WITH THESE MOVES B/C THAT IS THE ONLY TWO MOVES I APPROACH WITH AS OF NOW?

SORRY FOR CAPS DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORK THIS KEYBOARD LAUGH
FC Fairs are best against an adamant shield camper. Technically, you get a free grab when you Fair someone's shield (because of all the shield stun) so that's probably the most common/best use of it.

Some players also use low Fairs to beat out Fox's SH Nair approach. It'll work like once or twice, but the smart fox will learn to over-shoot his Nairs and before you know it, you're in a nasty string of aerials (because you can't CC while in float) I recommend using this sparingly.

and wow @ that Armada video. I love when a Peach knows how to control a match. it's amazing. That shiek should grab more though. i'm pretty sure Dthrow > Ftilt > Fair works. (judging by the grab or 2 he actually got in the match)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Can't you buffer a roll away from the fc fair on your shield *before* the grab comes out?

Just curious, because I'm essentially, as you say, an adamant shield camper.

Tero.

Smash Champion
[...]
and wow @ that Armada video. I love when a Peach knows how to control a match. it's amazing. That shiek should grab more though. i'm pretty sure Dthrow > Ftilt > Fair works. (judging by the grab or 2 he actually got in the match)
No.
Only thing you can get out of Dthrow if DI'd correctly is Dash Attack.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
I was talking to Elen, one of MA's best smashers, and we were trying to figure out why peach would use fair instead of nair
I realized it's because of the hitbox, the fair hits head to knee, while the nair is only from her shoulders down
I think Fair's generally a better option as an approach because you get so many more options if they shield (you can dsmash and almost always shield stab, or grab, or do more FC shield pressure if you're quick)
Nair's good vs shiek, IMO. Sheik's high sh height limits her approach options so if she sh's and tries to aerial, then she lands on the nair. It also outprioritizes shiek's dash attack, IIRC
I don't fair as an approach because she can just jump up and stuff it with a fair

Most of the time when I approach I throw a turnip first, just common sense when it comes to approaches.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
can you buffer grabs or do you actually time them after a sheilded fair?

also I'm pretty sure Armada buffers his nairs oos in part of that sheik vid

Cia

das kwl
can you buffer grabs or do you actually time them after a sheilded fair?

also I'm pretty sure Armada buffers his nairs oos in part of that sheik vid
Yeah, you can buffer grab after fair. I'd have to watch that video again to see the buffered nairs. but that sounds cool

TIM - I don't think Dair does through BF, but you can try it.

Top Bottom