• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Well, if it works, I'd imagine yes.

Since people like to SDI into the stage in order to tech things by habit almost, SDI'ing the dair would work against them and put them under the lip or so.

MacD

Banned via Administration
i think i hit someone with it once when they were under

though i think i once stage spiked a puff who was under battlefield by dsmashing, so it could all be my imagination

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
They usually have to be attacking, like Ganon's Uair or Jigglypuff's Uair. Then their body-box is above the stage and Dsmash will hit.

Cia

das kwl
^ depends on how your opponent spaced their attack. WD out of shield is best when trying to punish a well spaced attack. Double Jump land is only good when you want to Dsmash OoS.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
WD OoS would take 16 frames I believe, 6 frames to get airborne and 10 frames of landing lag.

For FC? I dunno, 6 frames to get airborne and 4 frames of landing lag? I'm sure there should be another piece to that equation. If not, then only 10 frames to pull off.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
guys can anyone help with following up on reads?

i don't have much of a problem reading ppl it is just hard to follow them up with peach

like if i throw them down what is the best way to follow up on it? fc nairs or fairs or just straight downsmash?(and i know ussually throw up and i do that but for mind games i throw down to try to catch them on the read but seems like i am never fast enough

and what characters should i mostly stick to fc nair double slaps?

and how i look at is their are two approachs with falco fc appove lasers downair to nairs,but the only problem that i see with this is that it happens to aways just cc upsmash me, or I fc appove the lasers fair and with this he just camps me wd back waits for me to miss the fair and then im f'ed...any help?

i feel like my peach just lacks mind games and that is my problem i need things to get ppl into downsmash more and ways to keep pressure better i suppose is the problem

Cia

das kwl
WD OoS would take 16 frames I believe, 6 frames to get airborne and 10 frames of landing lag.

For FC? I dunno, 6 frames to get airborne and 4 frames of landing lag? I'm sure there should be another piece to that equation. If not, then only 10 frames to pull off.
hmm.. nice. But just in case, MAGUS plz help.

Batman:

1) Most people tech roll away after a Dthrow. In most cases, there's no way peach can guarantee a follow up because she's so slow. but just run after your opponent and grab. Sometimes people suspect dash attack so you can grab while they're in shield. Don't use Dthrow twice in a row though. This won't work on a smart player twice.

2) FC Nair > Jab only works on characters with bad OoS options. (or people who don't know how to punish it.) It's nice to throw out every now and then. But it can be shield grabbed.

3) Just float right under the height of Peach's full hop, and drop a Fair on Falco. If it knocks him down, that's a free tech chase grab/Dsmash. And yeah, don't Dair Falco while he's grounded. He'll just CC shine > madness. You just need to find ways to trap Falco. Sometimes i float really close to Falco and I throw out Bairs. It's right above the range of shine and when he attemps a jump, he runs right into it. then TECH CHASE! If you suspect Usmash, just drop the bair > grab.

I actually played Lambchops yesterday in TONS of sets. He said I was the best Peach he's ever played. /ego

:D

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
This is just an idea but have you guys messed with double aerials much? That last post had me thinking on how much I love dair and the idea to sh dair to FC aerial came to mind. Peach doing multiple aerials is nothing new but has sneaking in float cancels entered anyone's play style yet?

Quaz

Smash Master
This is just an idea but have you guys messed with double aerials much? That last post had me thinking on how much I love dair and the idea to sh dair to FC aerial came to mind. Peach doing multiple aerials is nothing new but has sneaking in float cancels entered anyone's play style yet?
lol I've messed with the sh dair thing, space animals can cc it into shine. Im not sure what marth/sheik or anyone else could do though.

Batmansince1939

Smash Journeyman
dair to nair used to work or i felt it did till ppl started adapting around it

the only ways that i see it working is almost like a mind game/shield pressure, b/c i can go up to shieks that are shielding all the time and dair their shield and it is like they can't punish....honestly i feel like they are stuck in their shield and they will either roll(punish the roll) or let the shield down and you just use the dair nairr combo......honestly from my exerience this works and you can dair their shield multiple times till they do something

(ps:i think it is a mind game tho b/c their is no way a dair does that much shield pressure but just check it out honestly it does work)

and thankyou vanz that helps

Cia

das kwl
give an example of what you mean by this. I have a feeling i know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure.

And I try to get in as many aerials during a single float as i can. When people see people do an aerial, they just assume that she's going to float cancel it. So they end up running right into the next aerial. lolz

JFox

Smash Hero
bair is great for that since it ends so quick.

tipman, u talkin bout double jump cancel attacks to get the extra distance?

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
One thing I always thought was sneaky is when peach full hops, then floats real quick, then fairs, and the second the fair starts, they drop the float so the other player doesn't notice
Is that what you're talking about?

Cia

das kwl
Oh thanks =]

I'm gonna use some of those matches for a combo video to enter that smashboards contest.. lol. can you plz let me know when you've finished uploading?

:colorful:

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I think it has more to do with Vanz being a better player LOL.

He's been ****** me pretty much the entire day :laugh:. He had to play pikachu to stay entertained :dizzy:

Cia

das kwl
^ That's NOT true. I went Pikachu so that I had a good reason for getting ***** 40 games straight.

People will say "well he IS Pikachu.."

:laugh:

besides, you wrecked my ICz and that's most important thing. I can't beat you with my main. T_T

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Oh thanks =]

I'm gonna use some of those matches for a combo video to enter that smashboards contest.. lol. can you plz let me know when you've finished uploading?

:colorful:
I uploaded everything I got. (Except for the giant video, didn't bother with that)

If you'd like the original file for quality reasons tell me. I have it stored on my external.

Cia

das kwl

But the deadline for the video was yesterday.. i didn't know that.. lolz

and Bair has been my best move lately. creates sooooo many opportunities.

Does Bair trade with Shieks Bair when Sheik spaces properly? Or does her butt priority not work that way with partial disjointedness or whatever it is?

I'm still confused on how sometimes a Marth utilt will trade with a Bair and sometimes one will take the other out. It's no doubt just timing and spacing, more experience should clear that up...so nvm this post lol

Cia

das kwl
Everytime I've ever Bair'd against Sheik, I beat out whatever aerial she had. And it's considered bad for Sheik to challenge Peach's bair. So I'm gonna say, for the most part, no.

But I believe there are situations where Sheik's bair would beat Peach's. But it would require some serious positioning.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Sheik should be relatively below Peach in order to space her bairs properly, but we all know Peach sucks when she's above you anyways.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Peach's Bair's hitbox doesn't extend as far off her bum as Sheik's Bair does off her leg sweetspot. However, Sheik's Bair is very high and obvious where it is and Peach can control how high she's doing things or cop out very easily (no lag float go).

So Peach can aim her respectable move at the worst part of Sheik's. Which makes the move interaction kind of silly. The counter is to be really far away with Sheik and delay the Bair until descent but then you're doing it so slowly and if she takes advantage of this and rambos in with moves...

>__>

Peach is kind of silly sometimes.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
**** Vanz, you read dashes really well.

I was really impressed by the way you played against Plank too. Too bad Plank is disgustingly good against Peach =\

Cia

das kwl
Thanks. But I feel like If I play plairnkk anything like how well I played against Teco, I could take him. ;)

KirbyKaze - you know love Peach and all her silliness.

:chuckle:

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
i got a question and this is the only place with knowledgeable ppl talking about smash so here goes (and yes i tried searching for it i even tried googling it)

wat is isai drop?

can peach do it ( just to keep it peach related :p)

and does everyone use it and ive just been outta the loop? or is that something that like pros do and keep to themselves?

i hurd chops talking about it and i forgot to ask him and it made me madd curious lol

Tero.

Smash Champion
i got a question and this is the only place with knowledgeable ppl talking about smash so here goes (and yes i tried searching for it i even tried googling it)

wat is isai drop?

can peach do it ( just to keep it peach related :p)

and does everyone use it and ive just been outta the loop? or is that something that like pros do and keep to themselves?

i hurd chops talking about it and i forgot to ask him and it made me madd curious lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVk-myfyLI

Top Bottom