• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

ViciousEnd

Smash Journeyman
Yo, foy, when Minh and I move back in I gotta play some more ssf4 with you. I haven't played ssf4 most of the summer, but I've been playing every other sf that I own, so I'll be better than the last time we played. Get that blanka ready, man.

Oh, and I'm gonna be living with minh, so I'm probably going to be amazing at every 2d fighter by winter quarter. (Maybe even marvel?)
I will beat everyone in Marvel right now.

Foy

Smash Champion
XD at that **** comment.

And Steve all ive been doing is playing ssf4 with Yannick, my blanka is da **** right now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yo, foy, when Minh and I move back in I gotta play some more ssf4 with you. I haven't played ssf4 most of the summer, but I've been playing every other sf that I own, so I'll be better than the last time we played. Get that blanka ready, man.

Oh, and I'm gonna be living with minh, so I'm probably going to be amazing at every 2d fighter by winter quarter. (Maybe even marvel?)
I got a lot better at super too.
I will beat everyone in Marvel right now.

you will not beat me.

XD at that **** comment.

And Steve all ive been doing is playing ssf4 with Yannick, my blanka is da **** right now.
the last time I played you guys, I thought I was beating everyone but yannick pretty solidly, even juni.

and I was still going about 50-50 with yannick.

Im tempted to money match you guys to really see where everyone really stands in marvel/super right now.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im probably gonna be dead in the smash community (as in no fests/out of Syracuse) during the semester

With that, I'd like to propose that the entire upstate comm do something together before the school year officially starts.

Cause I'm really gonna miss all of you when my soul is encompassed by school :/

-eevee

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I would gladly put money on either of these matches. I am very confident in them.
just name a price and i'm down, i pretty much wanna mm just about everybody at the first tourney this year and again at the last tourney to keep a record of how i've improved over the summer and over the school year

Sharky

Smash Master
I'm kinda thinking about going up to rochester for the weekend in a couple weeks, just to chill with you guys. Not sure y.et but I think I can handle it financially =)

hubble

Smash Ace
what when??
This is either an amazingly good troll and I hope you get a million blowjobs this year.

Or.

Fate is predetermined because there is no WAY an actual person can come into our community with a tag like this. Which means I will be living my life much differently.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
I might mm some peeps in super if anyone wants to, but not Marvel right now, lol. I haven't touched that game since last year and I will openly admit that I'm terrible at it. At least right now.

Actually people can get at me in pretty much any sf game, though. I've been playing hella alpha 2 and alpha 3 lately. "Do you remember the time?" (when Rose was really good)

edit: The smash community needs to stop wasting money on silly things like bringing international players to tournaments and having ritzy venues and by a crap load of these http://gear.ign.com/articles/718/718587p1.html .
Since hdtv companies obviously don't care about gamers, I guess we'll have to get with the times and bite the bullet ourselves.

p.s. j/k about wasting money on international players and stuff. I <3 europe, asia, and S.A, but I hate laggy tv's more.

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
I might mm some peeps in super if anyone wants to, but not Marvel right now, lol. I haven't touched that game since last year and I will openly admit that I'm terrible at it. At least right now.

Actually people can get at me in pretty much any sf game, though. I've been playing hella alpha 2 and alpha 3 lately. "Do you remember the time?" (when Rose was really good)

edit: The smash community needs to stop wasting money on silly things like bringing international players to tournaments and having ritzy venues and by a crap load of these http://gear.ign.com/articles/718/718587p1.html .
Since hdtv companies obviously don't care about gamers, I guess we'll have to get with the times and bite the bullet ourselves.

p.s. j/k about wasting money on international players and stuff. I <3 europe, asia, and S.A, but I hate laggy tv's more.
you do realize that it costs about $2000 right?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't see the problem with not using high-def TVs. I mean, people watched TV & played games without them for years upon years - I don't see any reason for their use in gaming. They are prettier & the new flatscreens are much more portable than the bulky tube TVs, but I don't see how big events like MLG and such can use the HDTVs knowing the lag affects the gameplay.

I guess it doesn't matter much, M2K still won like every MLG anyway.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I can't powershield walk with some HDTVs. Just can't, I'm always slightly off, just cuz I usually powershield on the front end of the blocking frames.

But otherwise, it doesn't mess me up. Anywho, standard TVs work fine for singles, and aren't too hard to manage for doubles either, tho I admit it makes spectating doubles finals pretty hard. Remember that RIT tourney at the end of the year, backed to the wall? **** son.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
you do realize that it costs about $2000 right?
Yes I am aware. That's why I don't have one myself, lol. Like I said, the technology is obviously there but hdtv companies don't see any reason to add that functionality b/c they're worried about making the movie/tv experience prettier.

I also don't mind using crt's except that they are bulky and non-sexy.

Remember that RIT tourney at the end of the year,when there was **** all over the floor. **** son.
fixed that for you.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
At MLG Columbus my hotel room (the free one paid for by Hyatt) had an HDTV with that box thing. It was awesome. Zero lag.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Well the floor too, but I was talkin bout melee doubles finals, where everyone tried to watch despite the fact that the players already had their backs basically at the wall. That was pretty lulzy.

-Oh, speaking of RIT people, EGS does their freshman week thing on the 4th, so if you're up in the area, show up, grab new people, tell 'em when we meet, etc.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sheth and Pyro.

Do you think you guys would be able to hold something on the 11th?

Space should not be a problem. Since if we cant used that massive room that we sometimes had EGS/Smashclub meetings in, we can always just use that room that Slashy found for us in that one building. I mean it seems that the people are split 50-50 between which venue they liked using more. So either one would work.

Also, everyone that is in Rochester should be showing up to the EGS meeting on the 4th, to look for people and find people to come to our events and get people into smash.

also.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=80900

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
Sheth and Pyro.

Do you think you guys would be able to hold something on the 11th?

Space should not be a problem. Since if we cant used that massive room that we sometimes had EGS/Smashclub meetings in, we can always just use that room that Slashy found for us in that one building. I mean it seems that the people are split 50-50 between which venue they liked using more. So either one would work.

Also, everyone that is in Rochester should be showing up to the EGS meeting on the 4th, to look for people and find people to come to our events and get people into smash.

also.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=80900
I'm probably going to be in rochester on the 3rd or something. So i'll talk with the people in the SAU and see if the room is available for the 11th(I will try to host something that day, so keep it reserved). Also, I will try to be at EGS's opening event on the 4th. Be there.

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
This is either an amazingly good troll and I hope you get a million blowjobs this year.

Or.

Fate is predetermined because there is no WAY an actual person can come into our community with a tag like this. Which means I will be living my life much differently.
Actually, he's my friend, I gave him that name. Ahaha.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I can't powershield walk with some HDTVs. Just can't, I'm always slightly off, just cuz I usually powershield on the front end of the blocking frames.

But otherwise, it doesn't mess me up. Anywho, standard TVs work fine for singles, and aren't too hard to manage for doubles either, tho I admit it makes spectating doubles finals pretty hard. Remember that RIT tourney at the end of the year, backed to the wall? **** son.
A long time ago I tried learning to l-cancel as fox. His dair and nair are kinda different and I was changing between a HD and CRT frequently. Lag makes a huge difference for me, too.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'mma check back here now and then for any updates for the 11th or not, cuz yeah...life just slapped me in the face, again. This time it's not work!

Summed up: Folks want to move south, better weather for diabetic stepfather and overworked mother. I don't want to go with, I'm done leeching off them (Or so seems to me), need my own place, quitting horrible *** job, no car, license, yadda yadda. So between that stuff and some other things, I'mma see what I can do.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'mma check back here now and then for any updates for the 11th or not, cuz yeah...life just slapped me in the face, again. This time it's not work!

Summed up: Folks want to move south, better weather for diabetic stepfather and overworked mother. I don't want to go with, I'm done leeching off them (Or so seems to me), need my own place, quitting horrible *** job, no car, license, yadda yadda. So between that stuff and some other things, I'mma see what I can do.
move to syracuse or rochester?

Top Bottom