• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
wait...

SHIRI ARE YOU IN NY?!?!
lol he's been here a while

:yoshi: I hate randoms so much.

Someone come over here and help Sam finish this robot suit.
robot suit???!!!! will it be around this weekend???

hey wooj i've beaten names don't even lmao way bigge rthan u can even imagine you jiust a baby just pooped out of your moms *** i sucked tbhat **** al ngiht bro
I love you so much mana *hugs*

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
Shieldgrabbing is the foundation of any Dedede's gameplay. I don't infinite though, even outside of tourney.
No, that's cool, I'm not hatin. But they're pretty balls awful matchups; I'm not good enough to play them. Weegee also can't enter your zone at all unless you do something laggy, and then, he stands a chance of doing a great weegee combo, and maybe later, a finisher, but it's kind of awful having nothing outside of SHEILDGRAB **** RADIUS besides fireball, which I think your ftilt beats. Jump high enough to come in above, get utilt'd, crossup, get pivot grab'd. It's pretty bad. If there's a weeg good enough to do it against a similarly skilled D3, I am not him.

Still would like to play you some tho, we don't get D3s up here, it'd be good for us.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
The coolest thing I saw on the Apex stream was Big Lou stage spike someone with a luigi missile on his last stock. Baller **** right there.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
MOSS is on aim telling me about how he need some minor repairs to a B button and cstick on his 2 controllers, any body around here know how to do that kind of stuff.

Rob is the first one that came to mind, but is there anybody else? Im pretty sure sheth can provide a triwing.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I don't think it was wise saying you out place somebody, considering you've pulled off 13th and 17th recently. MM was the most recent tournament you went to that I know of where you didn't place 13th or 17th. The others only outplace me by a spot. :p

But yeah, wrong thread for me to call Prawn on the carpet for stupidity. Sorry NY. xP
Annnnnnnd Merv joins.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Maybe. Last weekend was probably the most fun I've ever had playing melee. Mana/Jeff, any chance you can make it down again?
If you guys show up I'd love to come and play again, I think it will work for sure I'll talk to Jeff. I won't be there until 9 again but it worked out great anyways. I'll let you all know I'm finding out tonight :)

Since I'm just working / partying I think me n jeff should be able to make it down again :chuckle:

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Where are you going to school, Tommy?

By the way, I found a pair of green pants that I bought for like $5 when I was in Oneonta last summer. I think I may have to become DannyGreenPants, and then we could team up. Yeah.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cura holds smashfests at his apt every saturday.

also, should the chance ever arise, I expect a massive amount of danny/tommy vs KID/1337-0 matches.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Where are you going to school, Tommy?

By the way, I found a pair of green pants that I bought for like $5 when I was in Oneonta last summer. I think I may have to become DannyGreenPants, and then we could team up. Yeah.
Unfortunately I'm going to community college this semester. I went to Oneonta (coincidentally, pants) my first year then took the fall semester of my 2nd year to travel around the country/Canada. So I was planning on going back to Oneonta but they didn't have the major that I eventually decided on. So now I'm at my community college trying to find a school that suits my needs.

And hell yeah! We could team up and think of some clever team name that involves the color green and one or more articles of clothing. I can't think of anything now, dry well. . .

Like all day?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman

also, should the chance ever arise, I expect a massive amount of danny/tommy vs KID/1337-0 matches.
Lol for what purpose?

Tommy, I looked at Oneonta - Both my parents went there & met there - But I absolutely hated it. The campus reminded me too much of high school lol. What are you majoring in?

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Lol for what purpose?

Tommy, I looked at Oneonta - Both my parents went there & met there - But I absolutely hated it. The campus reminded me too much of high school lol. What are you majoring in?
Journalism, which, I don't think you actually have to go to college for, but I think it's good to get a degree anyway. Plus college is fun. So now I'm looking into Cortland, but nothing is definite.

Howabout you?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I'm cracking open one of my six controllers in the next week, should have an idea on how to fix it, even if I sacrifice one in the process. Not sure about the stick though, cuz I'm just working on unsticking a B button. Maybe you should just be less all over that aerial is down while you're jumpin up.

Sharky

Smash Master
@Yannick: I realize you tend to avoid goggles like the plague, but you should really really really try to come over to syracuse this weekend =D

lol@moss' controller, nado button ****.

this weekend is looking to be pretty fun! =D

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Journalism, which, I don't think you actually have to go to college for, but I think it's good to get a degree anyway. Plus college is fun. So now I'm looking into Cortland, but nothing is definite.

Howabout you?
Yeah, having a degree in anything gives you street cred at least. If you were able to get into Oneonta then you should get into Cortland. Overall I think Oneonta is slightly better and more selective than Cortland, but only by a smidgen. I don't really know where in the SUNY system is best to get into Journalism, but I'd be inclined to think Albany, as one of the larger cities, would probably present good opportunities, and thus think that SUNY Albany would be good for it, if they even have it. Same would go for a school like SUNY Buffalo (Which is where I'll be heading next week), in one of the more urban areas where there's more going on, there's more news to report and thus a larger need for journalists.

Although honestly if I wanted to do journalism, I'd try to go to college in NYC. Go to a CUNY school and try to find an apartment to live in down there with some people. CUNY's only run like 4-5 thousand a year, and just being in the big city will help out tons for internships and job opportunities. Although you won't really get the traditional college experience there. It's a matter of preference. I don't know which programs are more reputable (And in a field like Journalism, which is somewhat similar to Business in its function), the more reputable the program is the better you're off. A major like that you pay to get that school's name on your diploma. Best of luck to you though man. It's tough to figure everything out.

And yeah, I'm going into Business (Human Resources/Management most likely) at Buffalo. Hence why I've partaken in discussion in the upstate NY thread and not downstate lol. Even though I live on LI.

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, having a degree in anything gives you street cred at least. If you were able to get into Oneonta then you should get into Cortland. Overall I think Oneonta is slightly better and more selective than Cortland, but only by a smidgen. I don't really know where in the SUNY system is best to get into Journalism, but I'd be inclined to think Albany, as one of the larger cities, would probably present good opportunities, and thus think that SUNY Albany would be good for it, if they even have it. Same would go for a school like SUNY Buffalo (Which is where I'll be heading next week), in one of the more urban areas where there's more going on, there's more news to report and thus a larger need for journalists.

Although honestly if I wanted to do journalism, I'd try to go to college in NYC. Go to a CUNY school and try to find an apartment to live in down there with some people. CUNY's only run like 4-5 thousand a year, and just being in the big city will help out tons for internships and job opportunities. Although you won't really get the traditional college experience there. It's a matter of preference. I don't know which programs are more reputable (And in a field like Journalism, which is somewhat similar to Business in its function), the more reputable the program is the better you're off. A major like that you pay to get that school's name on your diploma. Best of luck to you though man. It's tough to figure everything out.

And yeah, I'm going into Business (Human Resources/Management most likely) at Buffalo. Hence why I've partaken in discussion in the upstate NY thread and not downstate lol. Even though I live on LI.
That was some extremely detailed feedback. I appreciate that.

And yeah, I have a few friends from high school who go to Albany and one is for Journalism, so that school has crossed my mind too. Also the NYC school is a great idea, but, while I do like the city, I don't think I would like staying there for that long of a period of time. What you said about Albany was dead-on though.

That's cool that you're going to Buffalo. I bet the winters get fun with the lake effect.

Top Bottom