• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would.

So, punch out series theme anyone?

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you guys should all come down south. Foods better. Weather is better. Everyone is friendlier

And hell, I'm down here. What else do you want?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
cura told me that san and dr.g both agreed to Eevee making a hello kitty themed brawl PR.

@ the two new buffalo kids, im going to see if I can work with you guys down there

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I play the game a few times a month, unless I can actually get some offline play in! :(

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
You know, I've been thinking long and hard about this and our region needs ....

handsome power rankings.

We need to power-handsome level so that we can make other regions look ugly in comparison.
And I'm tired of Chu-Dat being top tier on the handsome power rankings. Our region needs to dress it up.

thoughts?
I'm S-tier handsome.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I must be G-Tier, because I main Wario and everyone says Wario mains are ugly...

On second thought, only good Wario mains are ugly. I'm probably B-Tier.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Lol on iPhone gay making long post is gay. The fact of the matter is (theme related) Jesse asked the melée kids about a theme and majority of the brawl kids hopped on it. And even San suggested drg and so fourth be this charater. Main problem, Jesse asked the melée kids not brawl. Mainly because he's going to make a theme for melée lol. Now everyone in the brawl portion of upstate can spit out ideas and help out with melée theme. But as far as a brawl theme goes no one is going to make one except frannie. Everyone else is to lazy. So if people don't want frannie to make a sanrio theme that's understandable , but no one else is gonna a theme and if melée gets a theme and brawl doesn't are first page post will look very gay. So if we want and pr theme made we should let frannie do it. If not then we will probably never have 1 unless someone asks someone else to do it or some one will actually put fourth the effort. And if you are that person awesome cause I'd love a brawl theme pr.

So everyone agree to sanrio brawl theme?!

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
@ the two new buffalo kids, im going to see if I can work with you guys down there
Sounds like a plan, I'll be looking forward to it. I just hope transportation is good there. I won't be there until August 30th, I'll be on LI until then.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I don't care, whatever you guys want for a theme is fine by me. I won't be on the rankings anyhow :laugh:

I suggest Punch-Out theme, the top player being Mike Tyson/Mr. Dream, and then everyone below him as the character you'd fight before him.

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I greatly do not approve of the sanrio theme for Brawl PR.

In fact I am going to copy/paste an aim log with Goggles about this.

(2:17:31 PM) ottomasterone: the only upside i can see out of this
(2:17:48 PM) ottomasterone: is if we do theme it like hello kitty and look extremely gay on the boards
(2:17:54 PM) ottomasterone: if we travel to other regions and **** people
(2:18:04 PM) ottomasterone: they wouldve gotten ***** by people that look like ***s on the boards
(2:18:12 PM) KIDGoggles: LOL

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Stop being critics and come up with ideas then. I mean come on, its been like a month now where we've been just talking about this ****.

I'd def like to do a YYH theme. Plenty of characters to choose from.

I think the more important issue is that we need someone whose artistically talented to make the theme. Can anyone step up and do that?

Sharky

Smash Master
just so everyone knows, I'm Woody if I'm on it. Dibs. Called. Done Deal.

...or at least I'd really really like it =D

just finished watching TS3 btw, they definitely hit the bullseye on this one (he's ok though, don't worry) =P

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well all these are cool theme ideas but the sad thing is no one is going to make 1. I'd support any idea 100 percent if we ha someone to make it.but we don't fran is offering to make sanrio only so if we don't want that. Then were not gonna have a theme for a long time probably.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
While I'm aware that if we were gonna draw all these pics for a PR theme, we might all be too lazy, I'm just gonna throw out there that most PRs definitely don't draw their stuff. They take official art and junk and use it, or maybe slap a fancy border on it. And I don't think we're too lazy to slap a fancy border on something, but I also don't think it's necessary.

-So why is it too difficult to google image search up a series of images on a theme?

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
hmm i'll think of some ideas today if you'd like

Or when you guys think of an idea run it by me and I'll make a sick rankings in photoshop if you'd like

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
So I just found out there's a tourney in DC tomorrow, held by some gaming company or what. MGC.

Anyways, besides having some goofy counterpicks, (Luigi's mansion, get at my uptilt) something amused me quite explosively.

Ledge grab rule- For meta knights only. The TO can use it to kick your entire set, too. In a single-elim tourney.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Hey guys, my name's Dan. I've been playing Smash since the release date of the original, but have recently become more interested in playing Brawl competitively. I live on Long Island now, but I'm going to SUNY Buffalo in the fall so I may be able to partake in some upstate tourneys, namely ones in Buffalo.

I main Ness, although I also dabble with Yoshi, Diddy, Luigi, Mario, Sonic, Pit, & Kirby. Haven't really picked out a true secondary yet. I'm still new to the competitive sphere (I've played in online tournaments a few times years ago, only breaking the first round on a coin flip because of lag), and generally only play in tournaments with my friends.

So hopefully I'll be playing some of you guys in the near future. I just fixed my Wi-Fi, it's working great now so if I'm around I'm down for some friendlies. :)
>Dan
>

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Ok wrong already... That dan isn't taunting but rather he is doing a jumping roundhouse T.T

U lose Zeb

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ok wrong already... That dan isn't taughting but rather he is doing a jumping roundhouse T.T

U lose Zeb

Excuse me sir, but I believe it is YOU who have lost.

Taughting is not a word, I believe the word you were looking for is 'taunting'

Also, you and jesse need to come back to rochester. Without you in SF and Jesse in melee, Im just sitting over here, winning in everything.

You might as well change my name to Yu-Gi-Oh, cause im straight King of Games over here right now.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords

Excuse me sir, but I believe it is YOU who have lost.

Taughting is not a word, I believe the word you were looking for is 'taunting'

Also, you and jesse need to come back to rochester. Without you in SF and Jesse in melee, Im just sitting over here, winning in everything.

You might as well change my name to Yu-Gi-Oh, cause im straight King of Games over here right now.
Roc Brotherhood sigs are legit. I should update/fix mine (Foooyyyyyyy!) and switch to it.
Big post inc.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I'm thinking about MM'ing Sharky, MOSS (if he goes), and XXX.

I mostly wanna MM people around my level (or other Warios) so I see where I stand.

Top Bottom