• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

flaw

Smash Apprentice
yeah bob is a good answer. i think i'll go with Optimus Primal from Beast Wars. or dinobot.

man I already miss playing melee almost every day. i was finally starting to learn not to suck, too.

Minic

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking maybe Goliath from Gargoyles.

cool well i'll team with whoever. i was gonna register for apex and i didn't know who i put under my partner name. well figure it out once ppl got their teams down.

PoofyHair

Smash Journeyman
Banks:best avie ever...did you see my 'THUG LIFE' sheik sig?
Shiri: Good **** with piccolo video
Dudu: Best Sig ever...

Here's Rox:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
LOL Balrog ftw

I have a couple ideas but I'm not sure

Megabyte from Reboot
Gargamel from Smurfs
Skeletor from He-Man
Mumm-Ra from Thundercats
Aku from Samurai Jack (pretty new, but the show was still epic)

Maybe Mumm-Ra.. But they're all pretty epic villains.

@Goggles- probably just watching E3 Microsoft.. =l

Minic

Smash Apprentice
Nah balrog will eats backhands if he aproaches with all them sonic booms in his face.
Man im so tempted to buying a pet turtle and naming him Guile. The guy can watch me play street fighter.

God i must be really bored cuz, im actually looking forward to waking up at 6 am and going to work tomorrow...

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm in Arizona right now.

Also, something I want to say about Melee after playing for just 2 days.

I'm super inspired for our region to get better at Melee. Like, really inspired. I'm pretty sure out of everyone in Rochester I love Melee the most, and I just think it has so much depth...But, after playing for 2 days, the game has even more depth than I thought it did. Playing Axe and Taj and Forward just for 2 days really opened my eyes to how much mastery one player can have over a character.

That being said, I'd really love for our region to become a top region in Melee. However, the amount of work it's going to take I think is too much for anyone in our region to truly become great at the game.

Like, no one in Rochester plays nearly enough to even come close to the level these kids are. And that's not to demotivate anyone, but really it's not just about playing with other people a lot. A lot of time has to be spent actually studying what is and what isn't possible...What can and what can't be crouch cancelled, which attacks lead into other attacks at certain percents, along with certain DI, etc.

Like, everyone in our region (including me) don't even have the technical consistency to be able to start to play at such a high level. That's just a basic requirement that we don't even have really.

I hope we can step it up in Melee. More dedication is required to truly get to the level I know everyone wants to be at. Also, I think the reason we don't have a lot of dedication and/or motivation is because we don't live in an area where we get to see such high level players doing such impressive things. I bet if we did, a lot of us would be more inspired to go home and practice our ***** off after a tournament. The best we can do is watch youtube videos and become semi-inspired. It's much more important to have that **** IRL though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sounds like Jesse got stomped out buy some M2/pikachu, just like I thought...

for the record, I was thinking about some similar things as jesse but more brawl related.

And I came to the conclusion, that we really are a high-top level brawl region.
San-Best Ike in the country.
Cura-Top 3 ICs
Dr. G- Top 5 DKs
KID- Top 4 Sonics
Snakeee- Top 5 ZSS
Pikax2- 3rd best pikachu.

all of these are out of all players in the country.
We definitely have the skill and ability to be a power region in Brawl, we are very good and sans placing at mlg proves this. the only 2 problems is that after those 6 people that I mentioned, theres a significant skill drop, theres no two ways about it. And also since we dont have the sheer numbers of players that we need, although everyone in the top 10-12 plays a different character, our region still only well represents about a third of the characters in the game. This is why we end up going to a oos tourney and neil loses to a game and watch that in my opinion really isnt as good at the game as him. and I end up losing to 2 snakes. when it comes to the characters that we should be and need to be prepared for in these events that we go to, our region just doesnt have enough roster coverage.

As a region, I feel that we truly have the ability to be a power region and step up our other players. This is exemplified in the example of MOSS, who to be fair was kinda cruddy at the beginning of the year, but because he got to play with me, and with Jason while we were both always striving to get better, we helped him to up his skill as well. and even though he still has a long way to go, he definitely beat me in a set at our last local tourney.

Acton shows this as well. Cus im not gonna lie, kid was a straight joke when he started playing with us. I mean, I beat the kid in a 10$ money match, with ganon, on jungle japes... Thats pretty bad, but he never got discouraged, he never quit, he just kept money matching people. And hes gotten better, faster than almost anybody Ive ever seen.

The good people that we have, can get better, and the good people also are able to show the other people how to get better as well. all it takes is for us to be energized about the game, and get more people to join us.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
:l Hopefully I'll get to play you guys again soon. I've been learning as much as I can without traveling at all but that can only do so much for you. I've been online, wario boards, more online, video watching, and more online.

From what the chars that are common look like now, I'll probably be going 85% Wario, if not more. 10% MK, 5% other chars. Yes, I'm not scared of bringing out MK anymore.

huMps

Smash Ace
I work from 7 to 5 usually, and 6 days a week. it sucks lol Jesse's post is dead on, I would love to be great at this game, and I do my best to do it but my only friend who played the game moved away right as we discovered the competative scene. And level 9s and tech practice will only do so much.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion

for the record, I was thinking about some similar things as jesse but more brawl related.

Cura-Top 3 ICs
Dr. G- Top 5 DKs
KID- Top 4 Sonics
Snakeee- Top 5 ZSS

We definitely have the skill and ability to be a power region in Brawl, we are very good and sans placing at mlg proves this. the only 2 problems is that after those 6 people that I mentioned, theres a significant skill drop, theres no two ways about it. And also since we dont have the sheer numbers of players that we need, although everyone in the top 10-12 plays a different character, our region still only well represents about a third of the characters in the game. This is why we end up going to a oos tourney and neil loses to a game and watch that in my opinion really isnt as good at the game as him. and I end up losing to 2 snakes. when it comes to the characters that we should be and need to be prepared for in these events that we go to, our region just doesnt have enough roster coverage.

As a region, I feel that we truly have the ability to be a power region and step up our other players. This is exemplified in the example of MOSS, who to be fair was kinda cruddy at the beginning of the year, but because he got to play with me, and with Jason while we were both always striving to get better, we helped him to up his skill as well. and even though he still has a long way to go, he definitely beat me in a set at our last local tourney.

Acton shows this as well. Cus im not gonna lie, kid was a straight joke when he started playing with us. I mean, I beat the kid in a 10$ money match, with ganon, on jungle japes... Thats pretty bad, but he never got discouraged, he never quit, he just kept money matching people. And hes gotten better, faster than almost anybody Ive ever seen.

The good people that we have, can get better, and the good people also are able to show the other people how to get better as well. all it takes is for us to be energized about the game, and get more people to join us.
I know I wasn't the only one thinking this. I figured you'd be top 3-2 in the Sonic's ranking, though.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace

Cura-Top 3 ICs
Dr. G- Top 5 DKs
KID- Top 4 Sonics
Snakeee- Top 5 ZSS

You havn't even played me yet, fool.
I could catch up IMO.
But then again, I am thinking a bit highly of myself.
Gotta Wifi Cura more >:

Sharky

Smash Master
you've gotta get rid of those up-b habits =/

and LMAO bluepeachy blacka is a hella intense sandbagger don't believe it. XD

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Trust me, I know when he was sandbagging(I HAVE RECORDED PROOF!), and he WASN'T sandbagging. Or at least, he wasn't sandbagging badly, because he was all like "RAHHH" and then my stocks disappeared. Stupid good MKs. >_>

Plus he said I was good. :3*shot* I told him to be honest.

I Wi-Fi'd Cura too, it made me cry. I beat him in MK dittos because he likes to glide attack off the stage, lololololololololol

I feel like I have to say that this is a troll post because people tend to get stupid.

Top Bottom