• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Dr. G where have you been? Haven't seen you on AIB at all. I was told you where at some sort of smashfest in nyc the weekend of mlg lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its supposed to look just like tvc, its using the same engine, and from what I can tell they actually did improve on a lot of the small inconviniences I had with tvc. looks like its gonna come out well.

juni, dont hate on just because :

1. its not EXACTLY the same as mvc.
2. your bad at tvc.

not a good look son

also, Im officially 21 today. yay me

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Well I thought I'd take the initiative since the smash community has a really horrible record with putting things off and procrastinating until the last minute so yeah.

Regarding APEX I'd like to get a list going of whose planning to drive, whose going, and whose going to get a hotel room.

I think we should get going on reserving hotel rooms close to the venue, and as soon as possible to try and get a good deal.

As far as Syracuse goes I know Me, Sharky, Beta, and Cura all want to go. I'm waiting to see if eevee wants to drive or not. I may drive if there is a large amount of people going and eevee doesn't want to drive. Its a 4 hour and 20 minute drive from where I live, but its through NJ so lets see. . . . I'd prefer not to drive if I don't have to because my car isn't in the greatest condition.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8684

Hype!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I approve. Thanks for taking the initiative son.

Pyro is going for melee. but he lives in jersey over the summer so hes going to be taking care of himself.

MOSS is going for brawl. But he lives in jersey as well so the same applys to him.

Amber says that shell be bussing herself one way, but I dont know what she wants to do to get back and as far as living arrangements.

dr. G lives in NYC and will be housing whoever goes in my car. he requested me, san, cura, and neil, but with the number of people, neil will probably have to drive his own car and cura will probably be driving up with syracuse. so he'll just have to live with me, san and whoever else drives up with me.

Minh is going to need a ride, he lives in ithaca so it might be a bit out of the way for whoever gets him.

thats all the info i got up to date so far.

Depending on the condition of his car and other circumstances, angel will probably be driving up with me too. Obviously brawl players will be getting preference in my car but Ill take anybody who needs a ride and can pay for their part of the trip. gas, tolls and all that, and i expect whoever comes with me to be respectful and toss jason a few bucks for letting us stay with him.

ThisKidJuni

Smash Apprentice
Its supposed to look just like tvc, its using the same engine, and from what I can tell they actually did improve on a lot of the small inconviniences I had with tvc. looks like its gonna come out well.

juni, dont hate on just because :

1. its not EXACTLY the same as mvc.
2. your bad at tvc.
LMFAO!

not a good look son

also, Im officially 21 today. yay me
First of all no one cares about TvC. Second of all ALL vs games are terrible just because it has all those characters doesn't mean anything and I don't see why you talking like you are good at fighting games you are bad waste of time and effort no wonder you play TvC because no one plays it besides you lmao and I know its not TvC but it looks similar. on that note sleep time.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
I got nothing against Jason but I'd rather get a hotel room. I always feel like I'm imposing when I stay at other peoples houses. . . xD'

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Ill go where ever. Im not sure if frannie wants to drive or if shes even interested in going. Either way im interested in going 100% And i will most likely go regardless of if frannie goes or not.

If someone would like to book a hotel thats fine with me.

Perhaps altarian will book one. And we can house Cny (Sharky, Me, Beta, Acton, Alt, Vibe).

Keep me up to date with everything.

Also there a tournament back where i use to live in virginia beach. Someone should take me :D

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Goggles, duuuuude, happy birthday man. Also, with some events involving my weekday co-worker (pneumonia and a blood clot in his heart), I'm going to be working full time, which means my paycheck jumps from $290 a month to around $1,000 a month, booya. Definately savin' up cash for the next tourney up here and goin' to that.

hubble

Smash Ace
MVC3:

I really hope they significantly scale the damage UP, like atleast 3x what was shown in the E3 playable. They need to stay true to what made marvel such a unique game.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
I just check out the Apex page and what not, Goggles, and there is no way in hell I'll be able to get off three straight days. -_- My company's a b-tch like that. SS3, I dunno, maybe. Can only take off like one, -maybe- two days.

Foy

Smash Champion
Well currently we have a friend who has been creating drama at Jesse. So as soon as that **** ends you can come over and play whenever. House is usually always open.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
Trust me, I know when he was sandbagging(I HAVE RECORDED PROOF!), and he WASN'T sandbagging. Or at least, he wasn't sandbagging badly, because he was all like "RAHHH" and then my stocks disappeared. Stupid good MKs. >_>

Plus he said I was good. :3*shot* I told him to be honest.
I just said all those things cause I thought you were a girl :/

LMFAO umad nugguh. In all honesty though I would get to 1 stock on purpose then sorta try to make a comeback cause it makes it more challenging :D but yah you did get alot better guy lol. Plus it was like 3am ma d00 LOL

Top Bottom