• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
speaking of drivers, I havent heard much from altairian lately...

hope hes not mad at me or something, we didnt talk much as SS3...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
he has been playing to much star craft and i believe he retired from smash after ss3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I gave you tallgeese because he was essentially the only bad guy that could beat the gundams in that series, but then he eventually came over to the good side and fought with them.

I think thats a fairly accurate representation of your situation with us. lol

also. aib has had a massive amount of blogs recently based around how to revamp or create smash scenes in your area, and becoming a better TO and all that jazz.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=80857&page=2

TommyGreenShirt

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to point out that tommygreenshirt, is a brawl player. Lives in Binghamton, AND has a car. AND is willing to transport people to and from tournaments as long as its not rediculously far out of his way.

Having a working car in this region is more valuable then diamonds, id say.

look down
its a ride to that tournament youd love to go to
Look up at tommy,
now back down,
the ride is now DIAMONDS.

tommygreenshirt, the smasher friend your smasher friend COULD be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

I laughed pretty hard.

And yes. Absolutely I will transport anyone from Bingo to smash tournaments and anyone along (or like KID said not ridiculously far out of) the way as well.

I'll be down to go to most tourneys on weekends as long as the Awesomeness per distance I'd have to drive ratio (APD) is in my favor. (Like I ain't going to Maryland for a 25 person tourney, for example). And as long as I don't have to work.

But on a more positive note, yes, I would be more than happy to help you all out going to tournaments and such.

Fun Fact: I use Old Spice!

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Ya know what? I hate being a compassionate person...I truly do. Thinkin' of workin' a day with my DM to work most of next week, 5 days, but only if I can get 2 off.. If he doesn't want to do that, then I won't work next week. What he may try to do is give me one day off instead of two, and then I dunno what to do then. I mean honestly, I'm too compassionate for my own good in how I treat people.

Edit: Mana, you gotta hit me up sometime, I'm takin' a week or two off before I find/start another job, so gotta get some Melee in dude.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Only one way to fix that :p

Coming back to this region in a few weeks, expect more smashers from Binghamton!
yay! don't scare them away with cc rest.

*actually wears green shirts*
YEAHHHHHHHHHH!

rss:
sharky dominated another eating moneymatch. this time it was mtn. dew.
foy and i will straight up climb walls to fight against bs odds in mario kart 64.
i can clown car like a mofo to get sick green shell hits.
smoke bubbles!
everyone needs to watch axe's matches in apex. it makes neil sad in the pants because axe's pika is ridic.
the advent children movie was pretty good
coasting at 90 for like an hour downhill passing trucks in fog was pretty beast
people at apex looked very depressed while i was downsmashing them
alexi had some funny commentary during the livestreamed apex matches
alucard had great commentary that street fighters would extra-especially specially enjoy
unknown's pichu is beast.
blunted object utterly destroyed me in friendlies. he2good
my toes!
my melee controller is now officially a brawl controller </3 (L sticks down and makes me light shield post L-cancel). gonna have to do something about that.
i might start entering melee & brawl teams exclusively. idk. I kinda want a permanent teammate.
the news channel is laying down some heavy rock right now. RIP Bry.
idk kinda sad now. peace.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ya know what? I hate being a compassionate person...I truly do. Thinkin' of workin' a day with my DM to work most of next week, 5 days, but only if I can get 2 off.. If he doesn't want to do that, then I won't work next week. What he may try to do is give me one day off instead of two, and then I dunno what to do then. I mean honestly, I'm too compassionate for my own good in how I treat people.

Edit: Mana, you gotta hit me up sometime, I'm takin' a week or two off before I find/start another job, so gotta get some Melee in dude.

You have to be compassionate toward yourself dude.

You have to take care of yourself before you try to take care of other people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-BMmfpsigU

LOL@ San's picture basically as 1st on PR and everyone else is gundam shiz.
If you didnt make the connection, that is because Ike is number 1 on our PR, and he just happens to main San.
rss:
sharky dominated another eating moneymatch. this time it was mtn. dew.
foy and i will straight up climb walls to fight against bs odds in mario kart 64.
i can clown car like a mofo to get sick green shell hits.
smoke bubbles!
everyone needs to watch axe's matches in apex. it makes neil sad in the pants because axe's pika is ridic.
the advent children movie was pretty good
coasting at 90 for like an hour downhill passing trucks in fog was pretty beast
people at apex looked very depressed while i was downsmashing them
alexi had some funny commentary during the livestreamed apex matches
alucard had great commentary that street fighters would extra-especially specially enjoy
unknown's pichu is beast.
blunted object utterly destroyed me in friendlies. he2good
my toes!
my melee controller is now officially a brawl controller </3 (L sticks down and makes me light shield post L-cancel). gonna have to do something about that.
i might start entering melee & brawl teams exclusively. idk. I kinda want a permanent teammate.
the news channel is laying down some heavy rock right now. RIP Bry.
idk kinda sad now. peace.

alexei was there? but he cant come to local tourneys? madd ghey.

also, I thought it was established that we are already static teammates in melee... maybe you can play with foy or something in brawl. or mabye even azeal, for some reason i think you two would make a good team.

x13mako

Smash Ace
Haters gonna hate.

Also, you should be careful. The FFF might get you.

[Final Fantasy Fans, and in case your really dumb, it's a KKK referance :D.]
They might get you for comparing them to a horrible racist group of monsters. Also every FFF I know dislikes it more then me.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Next summer, I hope you guys can expect much more from Utica. I really do.

Place is mad chill and less expensive than Syracuse. I wish there was an easier way to find smashers willing to travel OOS for tourneys tho. I was thrown a surprise party and all my friends (except L-Don) weren't a fan of Smash Bros, so everyone either chilled or played CoD.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

You have to be compassionate toward yourself dude.

You have to take care of yourself before you try to take care of other people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-BMmfpsigU

If you didnt make the connection, that is because Ike is number 1 on our PR, and he just happens to main San.

alexei was there? but he cant come to local tourneys? madd ghey.

also, I thought it was established that we are already static teammates in melee... maybe you can play with foy or something in brawl. or mabye even azeal, for some reason i think you two would make a good team.
LOL. Now I get it.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
teams

Miley Dudutsairus, come to RIT. least expensive smashspot evar.

But you're never arounnnnnnnndddddddd-d-d-d-d-d D: (Foy and I have been handing out the **** like there's no tomorrow).

and my melee **** factory manufactures more than just dsmash :| i can't tell if you're mindgaming or if that's what you think.

Who do you team with in brawl? Don't wanna bring ya down, brah. My melee state of mind is good but I have 0 tourney exp for brawl. If it's anything like melee, people play completely different in tourney (which I think is super lame).

WHEN THE **** IS THE NEXT TOURNAMENT?!?!?!

I heard something about a 'beginning of the school year' RIT tourney and an OctoberCuse tourney in the works.
Since no one else went to apex, I though more people would be itching for a tournament in August.

Smashpartment needs internet 4srs. This secret DK main can is crazy partial to carrying this thread. I'll coordinate something if no one else wants to. Even if it's just Round-robin pools-esque sort of thing.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, so I wanna give a very special birthday shoutout to my homie San! Hope you have a great birthday, and get everything that you wish for this day! Much love!

Prawn

Smash Master
lmao @ pikapika trashtalking bc in his high pitched pika voice when he was playing san

****s ****ed up and bc woulda ***** him if you hadnt done it

tl;dr pika pika 20 dollar mm next tourny we're both at?

Prawn

Smash Master
lol i love new york state, only state that appreciates trashtalking

edit: but seriously your state is doo-doo

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
ZHEN try to come to syracuse this saturday night. big night for melee
Only way I can is if I get a ride to and back man. I -might- be able to take off Sunday, if I can, I can definately get a ride in, but then need a ride home dude. Remember, I don't drive or nothin'.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Prawn, shouldn't you be getting double 3 stocked by Olimar and losing to Mikeray4 aka NEPro's Ganon somewhere?

rofl jk everyone's cool with me

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Ness is fun to screw 'round with. I know I play him now and again just to Yo-yo glitch my friends. Pulled off Thunder Jacket twice in a match against Jordan. He got pissy and quit out after the 2nd one which took his 3rd stock. XD I see that Ness has some great potential, but like all the low tiers, it only goes so far. Have to use that with some mindgames and all that jazz to be great, which Mofo and Sinma are. But yeah, that's my two cents, if it matters. XD

Top Bottom