• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate New York Tournament Thread

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I will play 3s with anyone anytime. I'm buying a copy so me and jeff can start practicing again. I used to play it a lot but jeff never got into it

I used to play with Evo participators and Japanese arcade fiends. I was taught by getting destroyed, but this was over three years ago and I haven't played since. We'll see if it comes back or not =)

But I'd def love to play ppl in it anytime. I only use a pad, no sticks. I play Ken ****ing Masters.

x13mako

Smash Ace
Yea, it's a confusing situation. Game 1 I beat his MK solidly, game 2 I went toe to toe with his Falco but barely lost, and game 3 I semi-gimped/he-SD'd first stock so I was up by a full stock ROB vs MK. One of the other Japanese players then told him Brood was about to play someone (I think DEHF in winners?) and he forfeited and gave me the money. Considering the game was being played prior to knowing about Brood and I was already up a full stock vs his MK and my performance vs it game 1, I'm 100% confident I would have won. I really wish it didn't end like that though and I asked him after Brood was done (well asked SneakyTako who asked him) if he wanted to redo game 3 and he didn't want to.

Yea get @ me lol
Ha ha, ya I was sitting next to Rain during the first two matches. When I went to ask Sharky something, I walked back just as he gets up and runs off. I was laughing so hard.

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
I play on a pad too, but I'm thinking of just buying the Anniversary addition of SF for the Xbox. If it works on the 360?

I just mainly want to start playing because it seems to me to be the Melee version on Street Fighter and it's coming out on XBL and PSN sometime, so I wanna be able to **** when it comes out. :D

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
it's def the melee version of SF. it's pretty ****ing beast tbh.

And I'm getting the anniversary edition for jeffs PS2 soon. It's coming out on XBL? that's pretty sick but I can only play with a ps2 pad :3

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yep it is =)

can't wait to get to a tourny again

i am going to beat u ppl silly

also rom 3 anyone? i'm definitely going to it.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I met The Lake at APEX...

I don't think your Zelda can touch his, Mana.

But we'll see! I hope I can get a ride to ROM3, because I'm certainly not paying another $100 for transportation from Binghamton to NYC.

Looking at you, Steffon :D

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
What in the world is "b.scorecardsearch," something in someone's sig? It never ever loads in my browser and clogs up windows in this thread with perpetual loading. =\

FANCY SIGS FTL

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: b.scorecardresearch

This is the tracking system the boards use with Google to data mine.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
:yoshi: b.scorecardresearch

This is the tracking system the boards use with Google to data mine.
Thanks bud. That was, admittedly, my second guess. But card-type things that run on an automated user engine aren't that uncommon in sigs, neither, so that came to mind first by the name.

-Oh, technology.

So, if anyone remembers that magically delicious dair footstool spike that I used to mess up goggles back in may, I've been practicing it. I'm really starting to get the hang of weegee dair. And it's tasty.

So you can make posts but not update Pr? Update it please.
Is he evaluating it too, or just posting something that's been discussed? Cuz if he's just being told to do it now without a forum for it first, inb4 johns at what he posts.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Oi I hate work. I put in my one week notice, yeah I don't care, and said I'd end working on the 15th, this coming Sunday. Well, my DM calls me up today and, even after knowing why I want to quit, asks me why I want to quit so I tell him and everything, and he starts trying to guilt trip me into staying for another week so they can find someone or work something out to keep me with the company. Thing is, I really don't want to stay with the company anymore, I want to go out and try other jobs and get on with my life, because I'm not going to be a janitor for the rest of my time on this planet, etc. So yeah, trying to guilt trip me for another straight week of work, that would make a total of 10 now, if I except, when I could really care less. Input anyone?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
demand double pay, he wont ask you to work any more after that.

and if he does, tell him youll stay around for good if he makes that your normal pay.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ask for a raise. Demand it or walk. Seriously Zhen, it seems like these guys are used to walking all over their employees. Stand up for yourself, please.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I'll tell ya this right now, there's almost no chance in hell they're gonna give me that raise, so it's best just for me to walk. I mean, my former co-worker worked for almost 5 years at 7.50 an hour, until I joined, and he was able to get himself up to 8, and I started out at 8, and I spoke to my Supervisor about it as well, and most she makes is 8, so I really doubt they'll give the raise.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I make 7.75 and I'm almost a college graduate.

The job market fails. We're generation Y. The first generation in three generations to have worse prospects than our parents. Millions in debt and over educated in a system that doesn't place it's students into jobs or even make them available. DOWNER.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
I make 7.75 and I'm almost a college graduate.

The job market fails. We're generation Y. The first generation in three generations to have worse prospects than our parents. Millions in debt and over educated in a system that doesn't place it's students into jobs or even make them available. DOWNER.
UPPER: smash, and chibo namesearching. OLOLOLO

=D

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Well I've already made my decision regardless, I did as of Friday night when I put in my notice. I'm done the 15th, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I'll just tell him tomorrow sorry, but it's my last day, cuz I don't give a rat's arse.

Sharky

Smash Master
what do you mean I'm being serious, the people in charge of him were being ***** and I"m happy he finally got rid of them, that's all =/

troll more cura

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i miss melee and stuff. i think, its a possibility, i can play on saturday night at like 9 next saurday. id spend the night. is something going on cura? melee plxxxxxxx cny melee players please be there. my buddy jeff will be there too if i can get him to

also ill play a little brawl or brawl+ if i feel i can handle it

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Sometimes I feel Brawl and Melee should be closer. I wanna get better at Melee and like the game, but when I have to sacrifice more time out of my parents' schedule it all seems too much.

I'd rather play Melee Singles than Brawl Doubles.

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I know I'mma mess around a bit with melee weegee this year, just for the hell of it. I remember laughing when I saw that you could basically combo any number of things into wavedash shoryuken.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I got this crazy idea of running Melee Dubz and Brawl Singles at the same time, as well as Brawl Dubz and Melee Singles.

Not sure if it's a good idea, or a terrible one. Just something that came to my mind.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I was really hoping the honorable mentions would be switched up a little bit. I haven't really contributed to anything brawl-wise that wasn't online.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
also, I advised zhenkai to ask for a retardedlyh unreasonable (but in this case it might be reasonable) pay increase to make them not want to ask him to stay.

ZSS is legit, my week old ZSS beat james and sharky last week. If I wasnt playing so amazingly with falco right now, Id try to get more serious with her.

Top Bottom