• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular games that you like?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Kirby Air Ride, Star Fox Command, Mickey and Minnie's Circus Mystery, and...

WII MUSAAAAAAAK

For serious.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'll now add Blue Dragon to my list. I've really been liking that game lately, and I can't help but think it's gotten the shaft in the US. It's very Japanese, yes, but I have to say that I don't consider that a bad thing in the least bit.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
The Grinch- PlayStation (This is actually my favorite game of all time)
Snafu- Intellivision
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life- GameCube
Bionicle The Game- PC
Dragon Warrior- NES
Xevious- NES

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Sonic Heroes
Mario Party 5
Sonic Riders
Donkey Kong 64
Custom Robo
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (Spongebob is awesome, and this is the only good Spongebob game out there. It's actually a really good platformer, very similar to Mario 64)
Days of Ruin
Majora's Mask
Luigi's Mansion
MegaMan StarForce (The first one, the second one is more balanced and stuff but the story and graphics are LOL)
MegaMan Battle Network Series (Strategic, fun as hell)

I know there's more, but I can't think of more. I thought Red Steel was decent aside from the graphics. Also, I don't like TWEWY because, IMO, the battle system controls like crap.

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
Shadow of the colossus. SERIOUSLY

Why wasnt it mentioned.....

The freaking enviorment...the bosses...the epicness....

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
The Grinch- PlayStation (This is actually my favorite game of all time)
Snafu- Intellivision
Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life- GameCube
Bionicle The Game- PC
Dragon Warrior- NES
Xevious- NES
Speaking of Harvest Moon games, I enjoyed Magical Melody quite a bit. I think I'd add that to "unpopular games that I like"

zrky

Smash Lol'd
anyone heard of Impossible Creatures, it HAS to be THE BEST strategy game!!! just saying

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
The Legend of Dragoon (my first and one of my favorite RPGs! Its VERY similar to FFX, though)
FFX-2 (so many people hated it because its so far from the masterpiece that was X, but I actually liked it)
GB/GBA Zeldas (Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap)
Luigi's Mansion (people criticize it for being short, which does suck, but its still a fun game)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Bizarro topic! :p

Anyway, what's a hated game that you somehow enjoyed?

Mine are:

Sonic Heroes
Mario Party 5
Sonic Riders
Donkey Kong 64
Funny thing was, DK64 was a very popular game. Very few people with a 64 did not have it or play it. Seriously.

Anyway, for me, Mario Party 5. The car-customization thing was ballin, and I loved most of the Budokai games (Although..they were moderately popular)

Luigi's Mansion

Mario Power Tennis (I dunno, was it unpopular?)

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
The Legend of Dragoon (my first and one of my favorite RPGs! Its VERY similar to FFX, though)
FFX-2 (so many people hated it because its so far from the masterpiece that was X, but I actually liked it)
GB/GBA Zeldas (Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap)
Luigi's Mansion (people criticize it for being short, which does suck, but its still a fun game)
I LOVE Legend of Dragoon, really underated RPG. All I had to play it on was a demo, which made me download an emulator for it, and I've yet to finish it. Love it to bits though.

Games'n'Music

Smash Cadet
Okage: Shadow King, Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia, Seiken Densetsu 3, and the EarthBound/MOTHER series, though more and more gamers are starting to notice how great the EarthBound/MOTHER series really is I wouldn't consider it popular yet. ;)
There has to be more games, but I can't think of any right now.

A_man13

Smash Master
Okage: Shadow King, Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia, Seiken Densetsu 3, and the EarthBound/MOTHER series, though more and more gamers are starting to notice how great the EarthBound/MOTHER series really is I wouldn't consider it popular yet. ;)
There has to be more games, but I can't think of any right now.
Amen to that! Whoo, go Mother!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

While it's not unpopular, per se, many Fire Emblem fans regard it to be easy and not as good as the others. Yes, you can train between chapters, so yes, it may be easier. But since there's still weapon durability, you can only train so much without running out of money you've spent on weapons. I think it gets less love than it deserves, because I found it to be both difficult and awesome (though not as difficult as other Fire Emblems).

And if you make it your only option to come out of each mission with everyone alive, it's even more difficult.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people hated Luigi's Mansion, but I liked it.
I would have said F-Zero, but apparently it's pretty popular around here :)
The Custom Robo series
Killer Instinct
Digimon Rumble Arena(PSX version)
Conker's Bad Fur Day

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

While it's not unpopular, per se, many Fire Emblem fans regard it to be easy and not as good as the others. Yes, you can train between chapters, so yes, it may be easier. But since there's still weapon durability, you can only train so much without running out of money you've spent on weapons. I think it gets less love than it deserves, because I found it to be both difficult and awesome (though not as difficult as other Fire Emblems).

And if you make it your only option to come out of each mission with everyone alive, it's even more difficult.
I loved Sacred Stones. Also, remember Lute? She said she was all that? SHE WAS! Thanks to her, I beat the game! (She dodged a hit that would have killed her, and she criticled the boss. Oh how I love how awesome she is.

Artur was cool, I loved my Snipers as well.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I loved Sacred Stones. Also, remember Lute? She said she was all that? SHE WAS! Thanks to her, I beat the game! (She dodged a hit that would have killed her, and she criticled the boss. Oh how I love how awesome she is.

Artur was cool, I loved my Snipers as well.
I actually never used Lute that much. In my first playthrough of the game (on Ephraim's route; despite what people say, I find it to be easier and more fun) I didn't use her much until near the end. In my playthrough thus far of Eirika's route (Chapter 16), I haven't used her very much either, nor in my Chapter 15 Ephraim's route that I started a few weeks ago. I use Artur mostly (as well as Ewan), although my next playthrough I may try to mix around who I use. I actually have yet to use my healers for more than just healing (i.e. advancing them to another class), save for L'Arachel.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lute = Best chracter in the game as long as she's a sage. Maybe Soren copeid out of her epicness. :D

Edited: What a sec, I thought Sacred Stones was populer... theres too many well known games in this thread lol.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Edited: What a sec, I thought Sacred Stones was populer... theres too many well known games in this thread lol.

I'm talking about unpopular as in not as well-liked. I think there are a good amount of people who liked it, but I hear all too often someone who's a fan of Fire Emblem saying it's not very good, or something to that effect.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sacred Stones was one of the unpopular FE games of the series. Might be because of how easy the game was.

Top Bottom