• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular games that you like?

roy_owns

Smash Lord
@Symphony X: Your location is an awesome mix of smart-*** and win.

And, Luigi's Mansion isn't popular? Also I'd like to bring up a series that has been shunned by many hardcore gamers due to it's so called kidiness, this series is called Pokemon.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Pretty sure Burnout 3: Takedown is popular. For good reason, too; it's glorious. You into Burnout Paradise at all?

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
Bloody Roar Primal Fury. Best $15 bucks I ever spent...
Power Stone
Marvel vs. Capcom. (Don't kno if thats still popular...)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Sacred Stones was one of the unpopular FE games of the series. Might be because of how easy the game was.
Again, read my post. Comparatively easy? Maybe. Easy in general? Not at all.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
power stone is **** on a stick.

SO much fun.

bloody roar is also a good game.

but powerstone ****in *****

JUST powerstone. 2 sucks....XD

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
I resently played this a few tourney's ago. Someone just randomly broke it out. I had sooooooooooooo much fun playing it.

Power Stone is AWESOME! :D
Lol lucky... I haven't played it in years and I can't download it... its too complicated... and prob dont have memory for it anyways...

power stone is **** on a stick.

SO much fun.

bloody roar is also a good game.

but powerstone ****in *****

JUST powerstone. 2 sucks....XD
haha yea it is.
It seems PowerStone is still remembered by a select few in the world. =]

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Primal Rage - a game about giant diansours is still more competative than Brawl. :laugh:

Micheal Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City

Shadow the Hedgehog - I'll admit, the guns and multi-missions were poorly implemented, but now I just play "get to the goal" in which case it can be pretty fun.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines: It didn't really get the recognition it deserved on account of being a buggy piece of crap on release but with patching it's a great game.

Evil Genius: How in the hell did more people not play this? Absolutely fantastic game, but wasn't given much credit from what I saw.

Roller Coaster Tycoon: Perhaps not unpopular, but definitely made for a niche audience. I love the series, messing around in it is just too fun.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Custom Robo for the GC. I played almost all the way through it once, and it was great.

neodoodot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neodoodot
now when I list unpopular games that I like...SOME of them are REALLY unpopular...so bare with me ^w^

1. Little Samson - NES
2. EarthBound - SNES
3. Yume Penguin Monogatari - NES
4. Super Adventure Island - SNES (and the rest of the series is great too..most of them are on the NES though)
5. Bomberman Hero - N64

kay well most of those aren't TERRIBLY unknown, but yknow what I mean hehe ^^;

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, the Suikoden series hardly ever gets the credit it deserves. Don't get me wrong on this, 2 is the best in the series and I'm glad I own 1,2, and V, but 1 and V are both really good games that get overshadowed by 2's goodness.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yes! That game is awesome. Nothing says crazy like being able to shoot a machine gun that's also a grenade launcher while lobbing fire grenades at the same time.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Oh, I forgot to mention the Sonic franchise.
I know he's been through some rough times recently, so it's going to be tough for him to reach a popular status again in quality games.

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever played General Chaos for the GENESIS? If you want to know some TRUE MULTIPLAYER fun then play that game. It's amazing and it's a shame that it's not big, it deserves a spot in the spotlight.

General Chaos you can probably find a ROM easily. For the SEGA GENESIS.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Oh, also the Pokemon Trading card game for the gameboy. Didn't much like the actual game, but I loved the video game. So much fun...
Why on earth is there no sequel to this? If they can pump out a thousand Yu-Gi-Oh! games a year and make stuff like pokemon dash!, why not revive this one? I didn't stop playing it til I had a deck that could beat the elite 4 and my rival without changing a card. From memory it had Dugongs and Venomoths...

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
Has anyone ever played General Chaos for the GENESIS? If you want to know some TRUE MULTIPLAYER fun then play that game. It's amazing and it's a shame that it's not big, it deserves a spot in the spotlight.

General Chaos you can probably find a ROM easily. For the SEGA GENESIS.
Omg, I didn't realize someone else knows this game.

I still have it for the genesis. XD

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Oh, also the Pokemon Trading card game for the gameboy. Didn't much like the actual game, but I loved the video game. So much fun...
It was definetly entertaining, for a while that is, heck I evenl have that Meowth promo card that came with it, sadly not the game. <_>

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
Why on earth is there no sequel to this? If they can pump out a thousand Yu-Gi-Oh! games a year and make stuff like pokemon dash!, why not revive this one? I didn't stop playing it til I had a deck that could beat the elite 4 and my rival without changing a card. From memory it had Dugongs and Venomoths...
Seriously, they could be milking this for all it's worth. I'd kill for a DS release of a sequel.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
On the topic of the Pokemon TCG, I agree. I loved that game too. The best thing about it was that you could collect rarer cards fairly easily, which allowed me to make a decent Rain Dance deck, a Haymaker, etc. Awesome decks like that that you need multiples of rare cards for.

On the topic of a sequel...I disagree. You guys love it now, but if they revived it, they'd implement all of the new rules and have stupid things like EX cards. Kind of like the mainstream Pokemon games except much more of a decline.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah. My friends are actually convinced that the newest gen of pokemon are better than the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald gen. The Emerald generation may not have been the best but it runs circles around Diamond/Pearls cast...
Yeah, it really does. 3rd gen had some pretty mediocre Pokemon, but 4th gen is DEFINITELY worse.

Either way, 1st gen > All, which is partially why the Pokemon TCG for GB is so awesome.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
1st gen>2nd>3rd>4th

Easy. I really like Gold and Silver, I just wish they would remake them for the DS or GBA, just so I could use them with the newer games. Ah well...
Definitely agreed.

I'm kind of wishing they would recreate G/S. On one hand, they were awesome games that deserve to be remade, and would probably be really good remade. On the other hand, I can't help but have this inkling that it'll turn out to ruin Gold and Silver in some way. Like with Fire Red and Leaf Green...they weren't that bad, they didn't ruin anything, but I play those games and, unlike any other remake I've ever played, it doesn't feel like the original. Again, they're not bad, they're fun games, in fact. But something about them is just...off.

What would be REALLY great is if they would just learn something already; POKEMON FANS WANT MULTIPLE REGIONS IN A GAME AGAIN! Seriously, ever since Gold and Silver people have been saying that, and we still haven't gotten multiple regions again. Way to listen to your fans, guys.

Third gen is surprisingly underrated, though. While I wouldn't put it above first or second, I liked the feel of it a lot. It felt so...creative, so interesting, so different. Yet, with a lot of Pokemon fans, it's rated even worse than fourth gen. I don't get it.

BloodyPuppy

Smash Journeyman
I personally enjoyed third gen a lot, much more than most of my friends. I thought that it was a worthy cast of pokemon, but other people just hate it. I don't understand it.

And yeah, multiple regions was awesome, but not necessarily because it was more area to explore. I enjoyed it because I was suddenly back in a familiar area, though still different from what I remembered and fresh.

Frown

poekmon
1st gen>2nd>3rd>4th

Easy. I really like Gold and Silver, I just wish they would remake them for the DS or GBA, just so I could use them with the newer games. Ah well...
Agreed. I think they started to run out of good ideas after 2nd.

And the fact that 1/8 of the new Pokémon are legendary is just stupid.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Alot, if not all of the Mario Party series.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
They had a Lion King game for the Sega that I remember liking as a child.

As a current game I really do enjoy Rise to Honor, one of the debut games of the PS2, that starred Jet Li, who also did the mo-cap for the game. It's effing amazing, but for some reason , didn't recieve the praise it should have.

Top Bottom