• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unpopular games that you like?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Batman Forever for Snes. Firepower 2000 for Snes. Oh, and Mickey and Minnie's Circus Mystery for Snes.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Final Fantasy IX is my favorite FF game by far, yet it seems to be regarded as the ******* child of the PSX Final Fantasies... I guess it had to do with the change of appearance, much like Majora's Mask ---> Wind Waker.

I dunno. I still really love that game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Also, Sunset Riders for the SNES is a FANTASTIC GAME. It's so fun.

And, there was an even more unpopular game called DinoCity that was all kinds of great. Playing as a kid riding on a dinosaur's back who could shoot arrows from her hands, AND you had a freeze ray? Yes, please.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Oh, Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. One of the best generations imo. Close to beating second.
THANK YOU!
Nobody agrees with me on this!
R/S/E has one of the most epic storylines in Pokemon! Even Giratina isn't as epic as Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon!
I think storywise, R/S/E dominates all non PMD Pokemon games.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have only played Gold/Silver. D:

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Rock 'N' Roll Racing: Seriously, this is some old-school retro ***-kicking racing right there. Sweet soundtrack too. It's a SNES/GBA game so go check it out somehow, really.
I can't find a better version of Sabbath's "Paranoid" anywhere. Mad respect.

I secretly really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion.

For the record, The World Ends With You does not count as an unpopular game. It has achieved critical acclaim with a metacritic score of 89, 7th highest on metacric's list of DS games. Here's wikipedia about TWEWY's sales:

In Japan, the game premiered as the second-best selling DS title during the week of July 27, 2007.[55] Nearly 193,000 units were sold in Japan by the end of 2007.[56] The World Ends with You sold 43,000 copies during April 2008 in North America.[57] These sales were better than expected; the first shipment of the game sold out mid-May[58] and a second shipment was made in mid-June 2008.[59] The game was the top-selling DS title the week of its release[60] and again two weeks later.[61]
It sold well, it reviewed well, and here's a thread full of people who really liked it. I agree, I couldn't put it down. I just don't think it counts as an unpopular game.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I can't find a better version of Sabbath's "Paranoid" anywhere. Mad respect.

I secretly really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion.

For the record, The World Ends With You does not count as an unpopular game. It has achieved critical acclaim with a metacritic score of 89, 7th highest on metacric's list of DS games. Here's wikipedia about TWEWY's sales:

It sold well, it reviewed well, and here's a thread full of people who really liked it. I agree, I couldn't put it down. I just don't think it counts as an unpopular game.
it was also handheld game of the month. in gameinformer.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Did anyone else like Mischief Makers for the 64? That was a great game.
This one million times.

Oh, and The World Ends With You. I know a lot of people are saying it doesn't count, but I have yet to meet somebody in real life who owns the game. The entire internet seems to own it, however.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
I would say some of these are pretty popular but I guess it's always going to be a bit biased.

Rpg maker
Jetforce Gemini
battle tanx
gauntlet
Phantasy Star (genesis)
Sonic adventure II battle. I know a lot of people that hated it.
bloody roar 2 the new breed
Star ocean the second story
monster rancher
digimon world
Rush 2049
mario party 2
brute force

Probably a few more but those are debatable.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would say some of these are pretty popular but I guess it's always going to be a bit biased.

Rpg maker
Jetforce Gemini
battle tanx
gauntlet
Phantasy Star (genesis)
monster rancher
digimon world
Rush 2049
mario party 2
brute force

I like Phantasy Star Online episodes one, two, and three. :3

Oh, yeah, I didn't like Sonic Adventure II battle, but I know a few friends who loved it.

Bloody Roar, That was awesome! :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah pretty much and phantasy star game excluding three which was on gamecube was freaking awesome. Haven't played to much of universe though.
Yeah, I loved the music, and I'm still on card level 26, lol. I want to play more, and get better cards.

A_man13

Smash Master
I can't think of anything too unpopular that I like (sans EB; people are either happy happiests about the game or hate it worse then death)

-PBR: I really only like it because the AI can be much more challanging then Diamond at points and much better wifi...

-Anything Yoshi's island: Love that game with a passion! Not really unpopular, but it isn't as much as other mario games.

-Mario Party 5: The only real good one out of them all. I recently stopped the traditional getting them once every christmas because the rest were bad. At least this one didn't have any cheap gimicks but just a normal party.

and, for te lols, brawl..

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
hahaha, 12 was good, but man, I wish there was random encounters at least. Almost no romance, either.

PSO is the best. :3

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Rpg maker
Jetforce Gemini
battle tanx
gauntlet
Phantasy Star (genesis)
monster rancher
digimon world
Rush 2049
mario party 2
brute force

For a second there, I thought this was the "Popular Games You Dislike?" thread.

Now that I see it isn't, I have to say "YES!"

Yawnbored

Smash Rookie
Just to name a few...

Star Fox Adventures (yeah, I'm a SF fan)
Digimon World 3
Final Fantasy II (the real II and mainly the remake of it)
Gladius (I really shouldn't though)
Megaman Battle Network 5 (apparently a lot of people loathed it).

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Super Monkey Ball 2 for GC is almost old school Nintendo in it's style: Ridiculously corny, fun as hell, and really really hard in later levels. A lotta fun.

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
Is there an English translation, because the one I have is on the Playstation.
RPG Maker 2 for the PS1 is a dungeon crawler if I remember correctly. RPG Maker 2 SNES is an actual 2D RPG creator. There is an English patch, but I couldn't tell you where to get it. The menu navigation and buttons are confusing at first too, but once you figure them out it's amazing.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'd now add Kameo: Elements of Power to my list. I haven't heard anything at all about the game since it came out, but I picked it up today and it's really wonderful. 10 of the best dollars I've ever spent.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think anyone has listed any of the Klonoa games, so I'll mention that. I can't wait for the Wii remake.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Final Fantasy II (the real II and mainly the remake of it)
OMG the final boss was a push over thanks to the blood sword. HP stealing FTW!!!

Ohh I remember now that Jet Force Gemini was unpopular. When i heard it i thought it was a Jet Fighter game...Then when i reached the final boss took me 1 month to beat it.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Super Mario Sunshine. Most of my friends though it was "meh" and could have been better. I loved it, the graphics were pretty good for it and I loved FLUDD...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Super Mario Sunshine. Most of my friends though it was "meh" and could have been better. I loved it, the graphics were pretty good for it and I loved FLUDD...
Only gripes I had with it were blue coins and how easy it was to abuse the hover nozzle. Other than that, I thought it was a good solid game.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
<3 U.

Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time
Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
The World Ends With You
Sonic Riders
Phantasy Star Online
Sonic The Hedgehog 2006
Eternal Sonata
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
Shenmue
Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Final Fantasy XII (???)
Megaman Battle Network series.
4th person to say the world ends with you.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I'm with you there.

Also, Starfox Adventures. And Assault, for that matter.

Loved the graphics and music of Adventures and everything about Assault (except that it was too short) (oh, and the ending).

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
edit: nvm. sorry.

Unpopular game I like. Mario Tennis (GBC). Also, Viva Pinata, although I'm fairly sure everyone who tried it fell instantly in love with it, so I'm not sure if you could call it unpopular.

Beautiful Katamari. So what if it's exactly the same again, and the DLC was a travesty? I adore it.

Guitar Hero. Smash Bros Brawl. GTA IV. Halo 3. None even slightly unpopular, just that the other thread is bugging me. We get it already.

M@v

Subarashii!
Starfox Assault. Really good game. Too bad the ground game tarnished its reputation. The DBZ BT series. VERY fun fighters on wii.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

The game lasted almost forever; getting all 260 (?) emblems was an epic task. Also, the game had a huge amount of glitches which gave the game an incredible amount of depth, similar to wavedashing in Melee.

Oh, and The World Ends with You is also a fantastic game. It's sad that few people have played it.
I love you. What glitches? I never got all those emblems... :(

Top Bottom