• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Recovery tier list V1.1

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
A bigger horizontal hitbox, yes, but between that and the pointless distance factor, I don't think that's enough to make it better.
Distance has to do with it alot. Say, what would happen if I hit him out of his recovery and edgehog Bowser?

The list is inaccurate.It is unofficial though.

B!squick

Smash Master
Distance has to do with it alot. Say, what would happen if I hit him out of his recovery and edgehog Bowser?
That's a huge if. As said, Bowser's UpB = lots of priority. It's much more likely that DK would be knocked out of his and be in more trouble due to it's lack of hight.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
What about Marth? both beat Squirtles fail recovery.

And to people who see my main, I accept their weaknesses.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Well, Bowsers second jump is vital.
Bowsers UP B does not last as long DK's.

You know what happens when UPB ends.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I think solo Olimar has a better recovery then solo climber, since oli can still pick new pikmin, but solo climber can't pick another climber. His side-b can help him though.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
...Another bloody Tier list. there are so many of these tier lists out there that it's not even funny anymore. I'm glad Samus isnt' last for once but Sheeit. there's a swimming Tier list which is utterly useless. this is borederline useless, what next guys Common...

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I believe Toon Link is a bit too high, Marth should be higher, yes his recovery is pretty poor but it is much safer than like Jigglypuff's as Marth comes from below that makes characters such as DK and Bowser no option but to watch him come back to the stage. There is also worries about Stage spikes

Frown

poekmon
I believe Toon Link is a bit too high, Marth should be higher, yes his recovery is pretty poor but it is much safer than like Jigglypuff's as Marth comes from below that makes characters such as DK and Bowser no option but to watch him come back to the stage. There is also worries about Stage spikes
Wait, what are you talking about? Jigglypuff can float to the top where many characters can't even reach. And NO, coming from below is NOT safe.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
You sure about Jiggs above Pit? Pit has an awesome ^B Move AND can glide, although i supopse Jiggs can usually DI back to stage without even jumping...
Lucas isn't much different from Ness...
DDD that high? You're kidding, right? Toon Link and Luigi at the least MUST be higher than him...
Also, Charizard and Fox should be higher...

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
If Pit gets hit out of UP B, hes dead. Pound gives horizontal distance. 5 floaty jumps take care of the rest where Jiggly is NEVER going to get gimped.

PK thunder passes through anything with lucas, unfortunaetly, you can take the PK thunder from ness and he dies.

Not sure about that

Fox Maybe, Charizard is a maybe too, but he is too big to utilize that Recovery.

TP

Smash Master
1:31-1:45 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Srlp6AlJo
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtsAPUCw6rU

say Charizard can recover if you lern2player.

As far as rankings go, I have no charizard exp lol so I'll leave it at that.
/infoferurown2c
Charizard's recovery is great if you are on the other side of the stage or dead or your shield broke or something. However, it is too slow to be good in most situations, so he will have a hard time beating out the recoveries of those above him.

Oh, and Ganon is G-Tier for consistency.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Yay for Lucario still kicking butt! Despite it being semi-gimpable, I'm glad people aren't still trying to see Lucario's recovery as one of his weaknesses.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
That's a huge if. As said, Bowser's UpB = lots of priority. It's much more likely that DK would be knocked out of his and be in more trouble due to it's lack of hight.
I honestly have never had any problem with Bowser's recovery. Edgehog him to force an Up B and punish. Attack him through his Up B because it still doesn't have good range. As a Zelda player, I have no problems hitting him with any of her aerials but nair (which I don't use for Bowser anyway).

I have edgehogged Bowser's recovery far more than I have DK's. DK grabs the ledge from below at such a deceptive range and his Up B lasts for so long that it's just as risky to try and grab the ledge for him as it is Bowser, but then you take into account that DK's horizontal distance is better than Bowser's; then you see that DK is winning in the range area. Now take into account that DK's Up B is virtually nonpunishable on the side with normal attacks and that he can start it from so far away from the stage to not get hit from above. DK's recovery is still better than Bowser's, to me.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Guys, just to let you know, he hasn't changed this thing in 3 months...

Anyway, Lucario's needs to be a bit lower imo. Falco's should be higher a bit. Ganondorf's should be C Rank wow. My two cents.

Ninjaneos

Smash Cadet
Is this tier list for recoveries only on the amount of distance you can go or is it generally how well it is such as defense or offense? Pit's recovery covers distance but he can be easily spiked down

B!squick

Smash Master
Is this tier list for recoveries only on the amount of distance you can go or is it generally how well it is such as defense or offense? Pit's recovery covers distance but he can be easily spiked down
It's done on the basis of some random scrub's opinion i.e. the topic creator.

EDIT: Also.

I honestly have never had any problem with Bowser's recovery. Edgehog him to force an Up B and punish. Attack him through his Up B because it still doesn't have good range. As a Zelda player, I have no problems hitting him with any of her aerials but nair (which I don't use for Bowser anyway).

I have edgehogged Bowser's recovery far more than I have DK's. DK grabs the ledge from below at such a deceptive range and his Up B lasts for so long that it's just as risky to try and grab the ledge for him as it is Bowser, but then you take into account that DK's horizontal distance is better than Bowser's; then you see that DK is winning in the range area. Now take into account that DK's Up B is virtually nonpunishable on the side with normal attacks and that he can start it from so far away from the stage to not get hit from above. DK's recovery is still better than Bowser's, to me.
If the Bowser player is recoverying correctly, UpB will very very rarely be punished. It's called Fortress for a reason. It's devastating OoS for a reason. Only on rare occassions am I surprisingly hit out of it. The only one I can recall giving me trouble is Kirby's DAir.

I will admit that I haven't really played any good Zeldas, but I do know that if you are edgehogging Bowser's recovery, the player is clearly using it wrong. The hit boxes of the attack last longer than ledge granted invincibility. If your grabbing the ledge at the start of Fortress, it has enough vertical height to get Bowser on stage from there.

Regardless, if they're DIing properly to the upper corners of the blast zones, this is a non-issue.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
Ugh, this list sucks balls imo

Luigi must be higher. Take into consideration the horizontal capabilities of his side B (which doesn't put him into helplessness), the vertical capabilities of his down B (no helplessness) and the final up B. DO IT

crimany, do you ever play Olimar? The ratio between the space his 6 pikmin can cover by the speed they come out is good enough to shoot him out of E rank. It may be bad, but not that bad. Don't let its bad rep drive your judgement too much

That among a lot of other changes I don't care enough about to mention

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu
King DDD
Toon Link
Luigi
Samus
Wario
Gane and Watch
Lucas

All characters ZSS beats the pants off of in terms of recovery.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
crimany, do you ever play Olimar? his recovery isn't the best but he certainly should be out of e rank
Olimar's recovery looks amazing when you see Ivy.

Aerial momentum, super armor to pass through attacks, double jump, and if all of that fails knock the person off the edge before you Up B. Is he easy to gimp? Compared to others certainly. But when I see Olimar mains they tend to die from hitting the blast zone not from gimps.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Pikachu
King DDD
Toon Link
Luigi
Samus
Wario
Gane and Watch
Lucas

All characters ZSS beats the pants off of in terms of recovery.
Actually, no, it doesn't.

King DeDeDe - Multi-jump and his Up B.
Toon Link - Good second jump plus his Up B or if unneccessary, his tether.
Luigi - Maybe. Just maybe. But his second jump, Down B plus Up B.
Samus - Bomb jump, second jump, tether recover and Screw Attack.
Wario - Second jump, Wario Waft, Up B, Bike, which means he can perform another jump off of it.
Mr. Game & Watch - Maybe. However, his second jump + his Up B. Not to mention the Up B pushes his opponents out of the way.
Lucas - Second jump, long ranged PKT2 or just a Zap Jump plus a tether.

I'm not saying that Zero Suit Samus can't recover. All I'm saying in comparison, Zero Suit Samus can be edgehogged easier than the ones above... Except maybe Luigi. That one is kind of eh.

B!squick

Smash Master

Wario - Second jump, Wario Waft, Up B, Bike, which means he can perform another jump off of it.
Mr. Game & Watch - Maybe. However, his second jump + his Up B. Not to mention the Up B pushes his opponents out of the way.

I'm not saying that Zero Suit Samus can't recover. All I'm saying in comparison, Zero Suit Samus can be edgehogged easier than the ones above... Except maybe Luigi. That one is kind of eh.
Luigi can recover with all of his specials and is extremely floaty. His recovery is better than Tink and G&W at the least.

risemix

Smash Apprentice

You do know that Zero Suit Samus' tether nearly reaches the blast zone vertically, making it the longest tether recovery in the game. You also realize that ZSS has three jumps and is virtually ungimpable in the hands of a good player because the third jump has 12 invincibility frames, right?

I think I've been edgehogged like, one time. And that time, I pulled the guy down with me with my Up-B tether, killing us both.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Luigi must be higher. Take into consideration the horizontal capabilities of his side B (which doesn't put him into helplessness), the vertical capabilities of his down B (no helplessness) and the final up B. DO IT
Take into consideration that he is unbelievably easy to intercept NO MATTER WHAT HE'S USING.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
You do know that Zero Suit Samus' tether nearly reaches the blast zone vertically, making it the longest tether recovery in the game. You also realize that ZSS has three jumps and is virtually ungimpable in the hands of a good player because the third jump has 12 invincibility frames, right?

I think I've been edgehogged like, one time. And that time, I pulled the guy down with me with my Up-B tether, killing us both.
She also gets a boost when she uses Plasma Wire during her mid-air jump, and is capable of tethering indefinitely.

Top Bottom