• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Recovery tier list V1.1

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are we taking into account how gimpable they are?

Because if we are, pit should definitely not be top.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
If it were based on how professionals recover with them then the real list would go something like...

"Top Tier:
Everyone except Link and Ivysaur

Bottom
Link
Ivysaur

|:/

Fixed it for ya :D

Pit can just UPB over your reach.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Pit's only so high because he can glide.
Can Dedede glide? No, because he's a fat penguin.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pit's only so high because he can glide.
Can Dedede glide? No, because he's a fat penguin.
I would like to see a penguin glide... @@

If he were able to i'd main him just for that.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bowser has by all means no bad recovery. He is around the level of DK, actually, just with the difference that DK jumps a bit better and Bowser's Up B has invincibility frames, making it hard to gimp him. His horizontal recovery is actually amazing.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Bowser has by all means no bad recovery. He is around the level of DK, actually, just with the difference that DK jumps a bit better and Bowser's Up B has invincibility frames, making it hard to gimp him. His horizontal recovery is actually amazing.
Yeah. This list is all kinds of jacked. :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Bump Marusu's recovery up please, I've seen extraordinary recovery ability over others, suprizingly.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I dunno. Except for it's speed, Marth's recovery isn't too good. It's predictable. Imagine Firefox but with no startup lag and faster. it's faster but still predictable as hell.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Am I the only one who thinks that Zelda has a REALLY good recovery and that she should be higher? MUCH higher. B rank probably.

It isn't an easy recovery, but when you're used to it, you can almost always recover safely and well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Zelda's recovery is not good. Its very limited and linear making it easy to intercept.

Pikachu should be above Wario at least.

And @ person who said ZSS has a better recovery than Pikachu: LOL, no. Pikachu covers way more distance. Pikachu also is harder to hit when recovering.

ZSS can be edge hogged and without dying in the process. It's just it hard to even get ZSS in the position that makes her recovery good.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. Except for it's speed, Marth's recovery isn't too good. It's predictable. Imagine Firefox but with no startup lag and faster. it's faster but still predictable as hell.

It has extremely high priority and invincibility on frames 1-5 with the attack coming out on frame 6. You can stall with sideb if you wanted to wear out the enemy's ledge invincibility.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Marth's recovery is better than Zelda's. In terms with gimpability. Marth is RISKY since failing results in getting stage spiked in some situations. And if someone TRIES to hit Marth, he can DS them away since it has considerable knockback to let Marth safety land/grab the ledge before retaliation.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Only if S stands for Steak.

But I do agree that Sonic's is one of the best in terms of recovery, especially since the FD armpit means nothing to him as he can wall-jump and footstool if the edge is being hogged.

Frown

poekmon
Marth's recovery is better than Zelda's. In terms with gimpability. Marth is RISKY since failing results in getting stage spiked in some situations. And if someone TRIES to hit Marth, he can DS them away since it has considerable knockback to let Marth safety land/grab the ledge before retaliation.
But why would you stagespike somebody who just failed to recover?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I mean failing to gimp as in the person tried to attack Marth to gimp him, but he got DS'd into the stage instead.

and some people like to show off and over kill by stage spiking someone who failed to recover.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
Luigi should be higher. Luigi has 1st jump, tornado, second jump and shroyuken for vertical recovery. and for horizontal he has that headbut thing.

It's for those reasons luigi is even at that point. The characters above him have better recovery. So luigi's place is fine.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Luigi should be higher. Luigi has 1st jump, tornado, second jump and shroyuken for vertical recovery. and for horizontal he has that headbut thing.
Luigi's recovery is good, but he is okay where he is, since the characters above him cover more distance.

What I don't get is why Wario is not in S Tier, besides jumping, he has the bike, jumping off it, the corkscrew, and until he is taken so far to use it normally he has it already - the fart. After which he STILL could use the corkscrew. Wario's recovery is amazing.

And so is Sonic's.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i dont think jiggs should be 2nd because she only hase jumps to cover vertical distance. Horizontal she has just fine, she should be really high, but maybe not 2nd

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lol yea.

Jiggs' aerial mobility is astounding, and so is her horizontal recovery with pound and UAir, but 2nd? I dunno.

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
Pit is way too high. I've gimped pit players countless times. Jiggs has almost infinite horizontal recovery even without jumps due to her light weight she just floats and unlimited rising pounds. So I guess I agree with her placement.

Ignatious

Smash Cadet
Both falco and Squirtle need to a tad bit higher. Seriously, how does DK have a better recovery than Falco when he doesn't even have any vertical options, and high horizontal save is both slower and has less distance than Falco's? How is it worse than Marth, who almost always is forced to recover vertically, along with giving the opponent plenty of time to grab the edge for an edge hog. One of Falco's weaknesses is his recovery, but even then, it's a lot better than people give him credit for.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Nevermind this, I changed my mind. Marth's recovery is better than Zelda's. The main difference here is speed. I think he should be just about Zelda, however.

This could all apply to Zelda, except you trade in having a fast start-up on a relatively safe move for being able to move from point A to point B completely safely, being able to move farther, and being able to move in multiple directions. Ok, so it's linear, but at least you get to choose from more than two directions to go with.

Being able to teleport downward is also a very nice bonus, since she's gonna be moving downward towards the stage or the edge faster than pretty much everyone in most situations. All you have to worry about is the start-up, which takes simple DI away from the stage and using its long range to make it to the stage before your opponent gets back.

Marth's stall is better, but stalling is a very, very minor part of recovery for Marth, as it is for Zelda. The only thing that makes it better anyway is how fast Marth can move afterwards, which shouldn't matter because they should only do it when an opponent isn't in their face. If the opponent decides to wait for either character, all they have to do is watch for wherever Marth is and force an on-stage recovery or attempt to hit him (bad idea in most situations), but with Zelda, they could end up losing their advantage if they force the on-stage recovery but she does something like warp on a Battlefield platform, something that she's more likely to do thanks to the range of her recovery. They can attempt to hit her as well, but again, that's simple DIing from them and then warping right past them, something that isn't uncommon at all to Zelda's metagame. She is rarely in a situation where she can only recover from one spot - Marth is placed into that situation more often, and his is certainly more predictable than Zelda's.

I don't see high level Zeldas get gimped more often than high level Marths. If anything, I see them die from their recoveries equally, be it a misplaced angle or simply not being able to reach the stage from Marth.

I still say Zelda's recovery > Marth's.

Cruncher93

Smash Cadet
Olimars recovery is better in terms of variety, since he kann throw a purple Pikmin to the edgeguarder and his Up-B lifts him up. He also can stagespike the edgeguarder easier than Ivysaur.
But Ivysaurs tether always has maximum range :s

(Sorry for bad english maybe)

XienZo

Smash Lord
However, Ivysaur always can use Razor Leaf to knock them off as well, although the random aim might make you miss.

The main thing that Olimar has above Ivysaur is being floatier and having super armor.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pit is way too high. I've gimped pit players countless times. Jiggs has almost infinite horizontal recovery even without jumps due to her light weight she just floats and unlimited rising pounds. So I guess I agree with her placement.
Good pits glide back, and he's so mobile while doing this he can be hard to predict. Oh and his glide attack covers impressive range, most pits will not be getting gimped much.

Olimar>Ivysaur is debatable, LOL
It really is Ivy ALWAYS has a way to knock people off the edge with razor leaf, I've gotten Oli's off the edge without a purple and that's never fun for them.

Top Bottom