• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I see it now, the last lighting bolt made it hard to tell what was happening. I never really payed enough attention to it. :/

cutter

Smash Champion
Hahaha, I remember telling you guys that Wesker will no worse than a high tier character. The recent vid of him bodying a whole team is just the tip of the iceberg...

And if you guys think he's amazing enough on point, his Samurai Edge assist is going to be just as good, if not better. Best assist in the game.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I never really paid attention to Wesker's damage output until now. Now that I actually look at it, I think he's a good character for pretty much that reason alone.

His gun assist OTGs and hits low right? Or does it just OTG?

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Hahaha, I remember telling you guys that Wesker will no worse than a high tier character. The recent vid of him bodying a whole team is just the tip of the iceberg...

And if you guys think he's amazing enough on point, his Samurai Edge assist is going to be just as good, if not better. Best assist in the game.
That vid was made so Wesker could look good. Who knows. I do think Wesker will be fun, interesting, and viable though.

PSN: DaiAndOh.

cutter

Smash Champion
I never really paid attention to Wesker's damage output until now. Now that I actually look at it, I think he's a good character for pretty much that reason alone.
His jump-in + ground series + launch + AMS did about 50% to Iron Man. No supers, no KFC, just a simple jump-in into a simple BnB combo against a character with above-average health.

One of the reasons Wesker has such a high damage output is also because he hits you with so many attacks that do damage equivalent of a fierce. Consider this combo that Wesker has (and yes, it's legit):

cr.L -> cr.M -> sweep xx Ghost Butterfly -> s.M -> s.H -> launch -> sj.L -> sj.M -> sj.H -> sj.S

Note: Ghost Butterfly is the palm strike-like attack that causes the wall bounce.

All the attacks in red are those that have roughly the same damage as your typical HP or HK. That's six different heavy attacks in one combo, which is partly why he does so much damage. (The other part obviously being his damage is naturally above average)

His gun assist OTGs and hits low right? Or does it just OTG?
It does both.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've been wanting to use Wesker in a team. He looks really solid with his damage output and movement.
Being able to teleport (even twice) after shooting and having a nice crossup really benefits him.

Plus he's one of the few that can wall bounce and relaunch on his own.
I just don't know who to partner him up with so he'll be able to DHC in (or out) safely.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You guys think X-23/Amaterasu/Hsien-Ko or Tron Bonne would be a viable team?

kr3wman

Smash Master
He's gonna be a top/high tier assist, but not on point.

I just saw Magneto do ground series(ABCS) - air series(ABC) - addf C - standing C into launcher.
And Chun doing instant overhead Hop kick (j.2B) airdash legs (Crossup or non crossup, YOUR CHOICE) into launcher

wtfffff

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like how everyone thinks Dante is auto-top tier because people found some simple effective combos. xD

The game isn't even out yet. :p Remember when we thought MK was gonna be mid tier because he "had difficulty killing"?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
chuns assist is pretty good lol
i like how you get caught in her kicks a little bit more then in previous installments even if your in the air

but yeah dante does seem pretty good idk bout where hes gonna be but he got good damage nice rush down and a good amount of health (i mean the amount where i was kinda shocked at how little damage he was taking) but that might just vary from character to character

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My friend (the Dante/Deadpool/Morrigan player) finally got a match of his shown on the Gamespot tournament.
On round 1, they used the wrong video which had someone else playing lol.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like how everyone thinks Dante is auto-top tier because people found some simple effective combos. xD
Well there's also his godlike assist, great mobility, teleport, rushdown ability, etc.

But aside from ALL THOSE GOOD FACTORS, yeah Dante sucks.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just gonna say, I love how at first everyone was saying that Phoenix was SOOO broken because her offense was so good and she could come back to life with 5 meters, to the point to where no matter how low her health was she would still be stupid. Now that people see that she has stupidly low health they automatically are calling her the worst. This is also evident with Thor. People early on said that he had nothing going for him aside from good damage, and then Seth Killian demo's some command grab resets, and kara grabs with him, and suddenly everyone is saying that he is pretty awesome.

Simply put, we don't know enough to be saying anything about tier lists yet (especially considering that the game ISN'T EVEN OUT YET).

P.S. Currently most players are actually saying to just pick whoever you want for now, seeing as the game is still too early to actually know what a good team will be (basic team building does apply, but still).

My first team is looking to be Zero(Ryuuenjin)/Amaterasu(Ice Shots)/blank(either Chris with Grenade Toss, or Ryu with Shoryuken, in which case Zero would have Shipuuga as his assist).

EDIT:
Well there's also his godlike assist, great mobility, teleport, rushdown ability, etc.
But aside from ALL THOSE GOOD FACTORS, yeah Dante sucks.
It's more like, this is Marvel and most/all characters will have something retardedly good about them, so with Dante, even though he is looking really solid, it is hard to say how that will stack up with what the other characters might be able to pull.

EDIT 2: To give a perfect example of tiers changing overtime, at one point in time, Iceman was top tier in MvC2.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
P.S. Currently most players are actually saying to just pick whoever you want for now, seeing as the game is still too early to actually know what a good team will be (basic team building does apply, but still).
If you don't mind, what are the basic team building rules? Sorry, I'm a complete n00b at MvC.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just pretty basic stuff like picking a proper point character (who the focus of your team is), and selecting assists that benefit that character's playstyle or cover a flaw in their game (ie; Giving a character that lacks a decent anti air Ryu with Shoryuken as his assist).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This is also evident with Thor. People early on said that he had nothing going for him aside from good damage, and then Seth Killian demo's some command grab resets, and kara grabs with him, and suddenly everyone is saying that he is pretty awesome.
Wait, when was this? I don't think kara grabs would help him that much, but it would still help him a lot.

And keep in mind that Seth also demo'd Hakan before SSFIV came out and he still turned out to be low tier.

It's more like, this is Marvel and most/all characters will have something retardedly good about them, so with Dante, even though he is looking really solid, it is hard to say how that will stack up with what the other characters might be able to pull.
I guess that's true enough.

EDIT 2: To give a perfect example of tiers changing overtime, at one point in time, Iceman was top tier in MvC2.
2001 was a great year.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pick whoever you like. :3c

Character love will take you far.
Indeed it will. I wouldn't have stuck with Fuerte this long if it wasn't for character love (no homo). After seeing that X-23 is the queen of mixups according to S-Kill, I'll probably make her on point.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Never played MvC, but I'd love it if Zero/Spidey(I'd love him to be main, but he seems to be more assist from what I've heard <.<)/Deadpool*

The last one is very meh. I put Deadpool, but I'm not sure.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Kuma, I figured you'd be playing She-Hulk for her command run lol.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Never played MvC, but I'd love it if Zero/Spidey(I'd love him to be main, but he seems to be more assist from what I've heard <.<)/Deadpool*

From what I have been hearing Spider-Man actually has a pretty good pressure game, and he has some nice Ultimate Web Throw resets, so he is looking to be pretty decent on point so far.

Let me just say here that so far every character has something going for them in terms of being played on point, and that the only character that is looking lackluster when played on point is Ryu, but even then he looks to be a pretty good character to fall back on due to his damage.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, I figured you'd be playing She-Hulk for her command run lol.
From what I've seen, it's not as fast as Fuerte's dash. Still, I'll give her a shot. She is one of the ones I want to try out along with Felicia, Ammy, and Hsien-Ko among others

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Does Spidey really even have any good assists?

And Ryu is still going to be decent because Optic Blast Shinku Hadoken is really great for DHCing since it can hit at just about any angle.

Oh, and Minato your friend is really good. Did he win the tourney?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You guys think X-23/Amaterasu/Hsien-Ko or Tron Bonne would be a viable team?
I actually think that's a good team. Hsien-Ko might be better for that team instead of Tron if her gong assist ends up pretty good. Tron's assist aren't too great, IMO, and you already have Ammy's assist which is better for pressure than Tron's.
To give a perfect example of tiers changing overtime, at one point in time, Iceman was top tier in MvC2.
I still hate dealing with Ice Man sometimes when I'm using a low tier team...

As someone else has said, I don't think Spidey's assist are great (or great enough to overshadow him from point). He's a pretty well rounded character on point. Good pressure and mixups, and he's good at running away if he needs to. I haven't heard anything on how Spider Sting as an assist is in this game.
Let me just say here that so far every character has something going for them in terms of being played on point, and that the only character that is looking lackluster when played on point is Ryu, but even then he looks to be a pretty good character to fall back on due to his damage.
Cap seems kinda weak to me too at the moment. But not a lot of people use him, so maybe he might have some pretty decent combos. I still find it dumb to take away his double jump and give Iron Man one when he clearly doesn't need it...
Oh, and Minato your friend is really good. Did he win the tourney?
Yup, he did.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
The entire reason why they took away his double jump, was that cannonically it wouldn't work (Marvel said so).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yup, he did.
Good ****.

The entire reason why they took away his double jump, was that cannonically it wouldn't work (Marvel said so).
CAN'T DOUBLE JUMP WHEN YOU'RE DEAD AMIRITE?

And yes, I know that Steve Rogers is alive again. He's not Captain America anymore though, so maybe they're trying to fit it in with Bucky's abilities? But if that was the case he'd use a gun. Ugh, whatever.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
It was simply that Marvel said that Cap shouldn't be able to defy gravity because his super powers are pretty much just enhanced strength, enhanced agility, and a shield, and none of those equal a double jump.

Top Bottom