• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I wouldn't play MM at all, so I could care less if he gets in, but I honestly don't think he's getting in. The character select screen would have to be re-arranged for him to be in.

But w/e, we'll see tomorrow.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Lol Okay so Here's what I want in mvc3.

Since Deadpool says mag freakin neto.
If Magneto beats deadpool I want him to say CLOSE YOUR MOUTH.
If he tags in storm for a hailstorm super he has to say MAKE IT RAIN.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
LOL at Yoshara with the Axl theme Personally If they did that Hoax I would love to see this guy instead of axl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q0eoj8wkLY
But Axl would piss more people off due to him having been introduced in X7.

To tell the truth, I am pretty sure I would be the only person to actually be hype for Axl if he were announced as DLC (I thought he was pretty awesome in both X8 and Command Mission).

Seriously, he would be like Chris on crack with the amount of different weapons he has, plus he would have his transformation as a hyper ( he would transform into a robot master that you would select in the same way you did in Command Mission) or possibly even have his level 3 be temporarily transforming into Ninetails (the secret super boss in Command Mission).

FAKE EDIT: For a serious theme he could have this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcsPZB_wurk&feature=related

REAL EDIT: Deadpool should say "Thank god for the machine!" when he beats Sent.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I used Mega Man in both MvC and MvC2 sometimes. So if he made it, I'd create a team around him.
It's not a huge loss if he's not in though.

And am I missing something here? Are they going to reveal the next two DLC characters soon or something?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
NO NO NO
I WILL NOT PARTAKE IN GETTING HIT BY AN ANNIHILATOR HADOKEN only to be revived again by him...

Edit: you're bringing back painful memories man... ;_; Poor Cinnamon :(

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... lmao Capcom. If they can change up Jill completely, then they can change up Mega Man or X completely too. X especially. No excuses, Capcom. Make it happen.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Just gonna say, I would doubt MM Classic getting in due to the reason they did not consider him when they started work on the cast (too bland, and a lack of good melee moves that could be given to him while keeping him faithful to the source material), and X would face similar problems (lets face it, aside from the dashing and armour, he is pretty much MM classic in a new coat of paint). The most unique thing I can think of giving X would be an armour change mechanic, in which he would switch between the different armour's he had in X4/X5/X6, but the problem with that is that the differences between the armours are actually very minimal. I could see him making it in based on fan demand alone, but not so much from a gameplay standpoint.

Also, they did not redesign Jill. They made RE5 Jill. One of the big things they have been striving for with the cast is keeping them as close to the source material as possible, and the new Jill is pretty close to her RE5 incarnation, while still maintaining the over the top nature of the game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow sentinel looks so good and they kept in fly unfly combos ahahahahah.

hsien ko lookin mad cute

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, choknater's avatar is way too much like mine because Nintendo is lazy with their sprite design.

I had mine first though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't understand how anyone could not want a Megaman in this game, that's like the Marvel side leaving out Spiderman.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind. I don't use Spiderman. Seriously though, it's good to know they think of the hardcore gamers. Sentinel was apparently very wanted.

And I want Gambit as DLC x_x.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I don't understand how anyone could not want a Megaman in this game, that's like the Marvel side leaving out Spiderman.
Considering that he is pretty boring, and we got Zero, Amaterasu, and Arthur as the replacements, I am actually pretty ok with him not being in.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows (again, because I have to keep posting this pretty much every 3 pages), Megaman was considered for this game at a very early phase of development but they decided that not only was it hard to keep him true to the source material when adding in melee moves, but he was also pretty boring in terms of how he would (and has) played, and what they decided was that Zero was a better rep for the MM franchise due to him being a better fit for a fighting game. Not only that, but they also covered his playstyle with Arthur (who is able to do it in a much more interesting fashion), and they covered his unique gimmick (weapon change) in Amaterasu (who once again is able to do it in a much more interesting fashion).

Simply put, to them gameplay is more important than putting in characters for no other reason than name.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Capcom was just pretty lazy and didn't want to redesign him. Plus having 2 MM reps probably didn't give them the incentive to put him in.

While I don't they mind Mega Man didn't make it, they could've really made him really fun if they wanted to.
So gameplay shouldn't be a factor unless Capcom wanted to keep the same 3 boring weapons he had in MvC. (2 of which advertised Mega Man 8 which was new at the time)

Returning characters don't need to necessarily play the same.
After all, even Roll played differently in TvC (even if it is technically MMPU Roll).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Eh, I ment that I can't understand how anyone could want Megaman to not be in the game. Honestly I'm not too disappointed MM is out.

Though I'm not buying any of Capcom's excuses, saying MM doesn't add anything when Akuma is just Ryu with purple and some extra specials/supers is just...
:054:

Minato just sumed up my thoughts pretty well actually.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Eh, I ment that I can't understand how anyone could want Megaman to not be in the game. Honestly I'm not too disappointed MM is out.
Sadly, Mega Man's popularity took a hit. A lot of people don't care for him as much as they did. That's what happens when all they did was release BN and Starforce for awhile I guess (I iked BN though). And most of Unity wanting him in made a lot of MvC2 veterans wanting him out.

To make him interesting, they could've just changed all his normals into Robot Master weapons and allowed him to steal abilities after beating a character. As for specials? No idea.

Oh well, I said enough on the Mega Man topic. Can't wait until the 15th for the game to be out.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
To make him interesting, they could've just changed all his normals into Robot Master weapons and allowed him to steal abilities after beating a character. As for specials? No idea.
You do realize that if they did that he would lack melee attacks, which is one of the problems they had when trying to implement him into the game.

Let me just say this: Mega Man IS a boring character for a fighting game like MvC. He was boring in MvC1, and he was boring in MvC2. Any ideas that they may have that could make him interesting, also apply to Arthur, who is a much better choice.

Also, while Akuma may look similar to Ryu, his playstyle is vastly different.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Playstyle doesn't change the fact that they are clones. :/

But yeah, it's probable best to drop the whole Megaman subject.

So anyways, Gamestop told me they will be able to put the game out on the dispays the night before its release. I'm thinking about going to the midnight release now. :3

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You do realize that if they did that he would lack melee attacks, which is one of the problems they had when trying to implement him into the game.
I meant in the sense how unique Tron's normals are. They weren't just simple punches but rather different weapons.
I didn't mean that they should have them make all his buttons into projectiles.

And I've said this earlier in the thread about him saying that if MM ever made it in the roster, they would need to revamp him.
Because I agree that bringing him with the same moveset isn't worth it and just eats up a slot.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Let me just finish this by saying, they were thinking of a new moveset for Mega Man, but the problem with it was the lack of melee moves, and the overlap with Arthur, who they really wanted to put into the game, and was more interesting.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Let me just finish this by saying, they were thinking of a new moveset for Mega Man, but the problem with it was the lack of melee moves, and the overlap with Arthur, who they really wanted to put into the game, and was more interesting.
Yeah, which is why I'm glad Arthur was in instead. MM's already in 2 games and I always wanted Arthur to be in one.
Plus the gold armor feature for him is neat.

I'm going to have to try and build a team around him. Not sure who I should use with him just yet.

Suspect

Smash Hero
people who dont know about shoto clones are the type of people SF players call scrubs and the reason the smash community is frowned upon ha

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
If you think Ryu and Akuma are clones you seriously need to do your ****ing homework.
I don't play SF, but what little I have has showed me that they have very similar attacks. Especialy when compaired to the games I do play, BB and GG, which outside of Sol and Order Sol(who have some notable differences, far moreso than Ryu and Akuma do anyways) has an extreamly varied cast.

I don't really see how I can't call them clones tbqh.
Maybe we just have two different definitions of a clone character.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
His jumping is terrible and him having no dash is also pretty bad. I'm still gonna rock Arthur on my 2nd team though.
His mobility may be bad, but his zoning looks to be amazing.

Also I am glad that we are getting multiple reserve team slots in the game.

Top Bottom