• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Some things I like about how they implemented X-Factor, is that they may have made it really powerful, but they also gave it quite a few different uses. For example, you could either turn a combo into an 100% with it, to kill off your opponents character as fast as possible, you could use it to speed up your characters healing, negate chip damage, remove blockstun to escape pressure, or buff your last character.
I'm fine with how X-Factor is at the moment, but I think they could've improved on it a bit.
I wish they had split the abilities it gave you depending on when you used it.

So damage boost only when you KFC during a combo and healing with speed up only activating when you used it outside of a combo.
I just find XF a little too good as it is. It's only this good since they made it as a comeback mechanic, but I find that it takes away the magic of real comebacks in matches.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
It's Guilty Gear Roman canceling, MeltyBlood health recovery, Tekken 6 Rage attack boosts, and an automatic reset. Chances are it'll just be used for one of those 4 purposes. It doesn't really negate chip damage either, it's just that the healing factor cancels it out.

And what's this about removing blockstun? I'm pretty sure that not only does it not do that but that there's nothing that would put you in enough blockstun to merit using it that way anyway. Plus your opponent can just use it like a Roman cancel on his unsafe moves and keep pressuring you, putting you back where you started only both players are gaining life.
The point is that it being a one use per match ability means that some thought will go into it, and not just being used mindlessly.

Also it does negate chip, seeing as you stop healing when you are in blockstun.

Lastly, if you activate it during blockstun it will set you at a neutral state, so you could use it to make quite a few things punishable on block, and essentially set up one free combo (unless your opponent activates it as well).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The point is that it being a one use per match ability means that some thought will go into it, and not just being used mindlessly.
Yeah, they pretty much made it so useful that this was the only way they COULD balance it.

Also it does negate chip, seeing as you stop healing when you are in blockstun.
Again, I really don't think that's how it works. I think it's just that you're healing and getting chipped at the same rate. Who honestly knows though? You'd probably only be able to tell if you saw the code.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Again, I really don't think that's how it works. I think it's just that you're healing and getting chipped at the same rate. Who honestly knows though? You'd probably only be able to tell if you saw the code.
You can tell by seeing it stop healing no matter how much chip the attack does (ie; Your health stops healing when you are blocking normals that do no chip).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Jill's only in one. :(

The way you were leading me into made me think something's gonna get rule 34'd.

Got a team idea.

Dante(Jam Session)Storm(Typhoon)Iron Man(Repulser Blast)

Dante can use storm assist to support rushdown, or iron man assist to set a juggle after he brings you down from air combo. Storm same thing since she chase people down with Dante corridor, also, the possibility of Electric Storm DHC into Anti Air Proton Cannon. Iron man just has good rushdown support.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
It has already been said by Seth Killian that she is pretty much completely different from her MvC2 counterpart.

Fun Fact: Jill's sprite in MvC2 was actually an edit of Sakura. You can see this in their crouching animations, which are the same.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You know, with how much I have been hearing people complain about the lack of Megaman in the game, I am kinda hoping that they make an announcement along the lines of "After listening to all of the requests, we are finally adding a new character from the Mega Man X franchise to Marvel Vs Capcom 3" and then the trailer is for Axl.

Atlus8

Smash Master
You know, with how much I have been hearing people complain about the lack of Megaman in the game, I am kinda hoping that they make an announcement along the lines of "After listening to all of the requests, we are finally adding a new character from the Mega Man X franchise to Marvel Vs Capcom 3" and then the trailer is for Axl.

LMAO! Oh man! That would just be amazing!

Top Bottom