• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
....Who suggests going camping on Valentine's Day?
You never concidered it? Going out to a nice quiet area, all alone, nothing but you, her and the night sky. (And only a single sleeping bag to share :cool:)

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You never concidered it? Going out to a nice quiet area, all alone, nothing but you, her and the night sky. (And only a single sleeping bag to share :cool:)
But then it turns out that while she was in a romantic mood, she was not in THAT mood so you have to sleep in the car.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Damn, Stephan. Why can't you zing like this more often IRL.

....though I'd take a car over the sleeping bag any day. If there's no tent, you run the risk of mousquitos and being more vulnerable.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
In ****ing February? Are you serious?

EDIT: Oh wait, this is your summer isn't it? Must be nice.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, summer over here. Heat's not too bad, but the humidity is driving me nuts.

....though I'd take a car over the sleeping bag any day. If there's no tent, you run the risk of mousquitos and being more vulnerable.
Well yeah there'd be a tent. Who goes camping without one?

Preordered mine today, 10 bucks cheaper than everywhere else (still $99 though :urg:) and comes with the comic as a pre-order bonus. :D

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Moving back to the topic of the boss fight video, it turns out that he was not playing a pirated copy of the game, and instead was playing a retail copy that he somehow got early.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It's obvious that we're going to get Strider and Megaman and etc. as DLC because Capcom loves their money.

"Let's introduce a new game with some hype characters and bleh characters, but let's save some of those super favs as DLC. No one's going to pay for adding someone lame like Ken or Dhalsim, but we know we're going to get a ton of people that'll fork up for MEGAMAN and PHEONIX WRIGHT. FREE MONEY."

That's my take on their thoughts.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
It's obvious that we're going to get Strider and Megaman and etc. as DLC because Capcom loves their money.

"Let's introduce a new game with some hype characters and bleh characters, but let's save some of those super favs as DLC. No one's going to pay for adding someone lame like Ken or Dhalsim, but we know we're going to get a ton of people that'll fork up for MEGAMAN and PHEONIX WRIGHT. FREE MONEY."

That's my take on their thoughts.
Who are those bleh character you are speaking of?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I would probably fork over a large portion of my income and soul to have Phoenix Wright in a fighting game.

Just saying.

DO YOU HEAR THAT, CAPCOM?

Octave

Smash Ace
PSN List

Lobos = lobos12
pPp Suspect = Suspect0479
Sariku = FDSariku
Raziek = Raziek_
LivewiresXe = L-W-X
Gates = RMG8S
Jame Stunna = JamStunna
ETWIST51294 = Etwisst
GunmasterLombardi = nch2112
YarsRevengerson = Yars_Revengerson
Ryu Shimazu = RyuShimazu
kr3wman = SummerLullaby
Octave = Octavize

There's going to be a midnight launch, at least around here. The worker at Gamestop said there's going to be alot of lonely girlfriends Valentine's night lol.
Dude come get me so I can go <3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would probably fork over a large portion of my income and soul to have Phoenix Wright in a fighting game.

Just saying.

This.

Since the PSN List is up, might as well start the XBL List.

XBL - KumaOso

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Just saying.

What, just one soul? You think Capcom's really gonna care for just one soul? You'd need at least a couple hundred to even get in the door.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
****ing MODOK lmao.

Such a dumb character.

I'm kinda disappointed by a complete lack of storyline, after all that build-up and hype they were going on about.

There is no story mode, and Arcade is literally 4 or 5 fights, then Galactus.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I lol'd when Mango sentinel got confirmed.

Haggar's story ending is fantastic.

MIKE HAGGAR, PRESIDENT OF THE USA.

kr3wman

Smash Master
"Fighting criminals, running for election, defeating Galactus, it's all the same to me".

Haggar for World Mayor lol.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Not too surprising. I guess there's still the collectors edition comic, but I doubt it will be all that great personally. :/

So about Ammy's slow down move.
Does it increase hitstun, would I be able to pull off longer combos when it's activated?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Not too surprising. I guess there's still the collectors edition comic, but I doubt it will be all that great personally. :/

Does it increase hitstun, would I be able to pull off longer combos when it's activated?
Good question. I have no idea.

All I really know is full-screen elemental super looks like a VASTLY superior use of meter.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm kinda disappointed by a complete lack of storyline, after all that build-up and hype they were going on about.

There is no story mode, and Arcade is literally 4 or 5 fights, then Galactus.
You haven't played many fighting games besides BlazBlue have you?

This reminds me of a certain professional basketball team. I can't think of which one though...

Oh I remember now, the Toronto Raptors.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, but the mist is my favorite move in Okami, I want to try and find a use for it.

But oh well if I can't.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I guess I'll post everyone's ID/Tag when I have time. I trust that everyone who posted theirs has the game preordered or will be getting it soon.
I would pay for Dhalsim.
I actually would too. He was pretty fun.

Just saying.

I wonder how many DLC characters they'll give us. If they only end up giving us 2 Capcom, it's either Strider, Frank West, Mega Man, or Phoenix Wright.

I really don't think Wright has a shot to be honest. I think Frank will definitely make it in. And my money's on Strider being in instead of Mega Man. Strider 2 didn't make it on PSN yet, and I'm assuming they'll put it up for DL once they announce Strider as DLC to help market him and his game better.

I personally find Joe's Viewtiful Godhand better than Ammy's slow super from what we've seen and haven't seen much use of Ammy's. I just don't see her's lasting long enough to take advantage of it consider Joe can combo into and out of his. I don't have an answer to your question though. It looked like hitstun lasted longer when I used it. I could be wrong.

Top Bottom