• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Atlus8

Smash Master
Man, if there is anyone I wouldn't want in MvC3 it would be Wright! I hate those f***en fanboys! "Durr hurr! Phoenix Wright is gonna yell Objection and it's gonna be godlike! He's gonna sue your ***!"

Strider and Sigma for DLC!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm sick of hearing about all these Capcom characters everyone wants for DLC.

Does anyone want some MARVEL characters for DLC?

I would like to see:

Cable
The Sentry
Juggernaut
Spiral
Black Widow

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
No, you cannot actually piledrive Galactus. I've seen the boss fight, Galactus is pretty stupid. He'll hit you once in a blue moon, but when he does, it kills a character practically.

And I was most certainly NOT expecting a BlazBlue storyline, but Seth explicitly promised a story mode written by some comic book writer whose name escapes me.

Also, LOL PHOENIX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsmBqz9ZUk&feature=player_embedded

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord

I would like to see:

Cable
The Sentry
Juggernaut
Spiral
Black Widow
Drax the Destroyer

Hahahaha! I stand corrected about Freenix!
I'm going to lol when the first time you face someone in tournament and it's some Phoenix player who destroys your whole team before you even get a hit on her.

LuCKy

Smash Master
man im so sad about pheonix... i was looking forward to trying her out but jesus christ lol

and gates

cyclops baby

venom/carnage

green goblin

gambit

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Phoenix is going to be THE glass cannon. At least Strider could take two hits. Phoenix can't even take one.

I expect gimmick teams, but I don't think we'll see her in top level play a whole lot. Error margin is way too unforgiving. x_x

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Phoenix is going to be THE glass cannon. At least Strider could take two hits. Phoenix can't even take one.

I expect gimmick teams, but I don't think we'll see her in top level play a whole lot. Error margin is way too unforgiving. x_x
I definitely agree they could fix her damage taking a bit because not even other rushdown characters like Ammy and Zero take a hit that badly.

She better be able to kill someone in just as many hits if she's going to be taking that much damage.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
iirc, Seth Killian said Dark Phoenix was the most powerful character in a VS game.

Maybe she makes up for it there?

What would happen if you have full meter and she's an assist and dies during the assist? Would she transform?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
iirc, Seth Killian said Dark Phoenix was the most powerful character in a VS game.
No, he just said that they were vahing trouble balancing her ability because it was never done before in a VS game.

Clearly that's not a problem anymore.

D

Deleted member

Looking at the roster, it's really a great roster with many characters I would play with and the game by itself is also fantastic. The DLC potential has me excited as I would most certainly download any version of Mega Man, preferably the Classic, X, or Legends version.

Regarding DLC, I think after Jill Valentine and Gorath, a form of Mega Man along with Strider Hiryu and other characters will follow. I don't see Frank West getting in due to him being rejected because he was too complicated, whereas there really isn't any excuse to not have a form of Mega Man or Strider Hiryu as a playable characters, although it's still possible to see Frank West since he did appear in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Doctor Strange. We've got two of his villains in the game but not the guy himself?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Doctor Strange. We've got two of his villains in the game but not the guy himself?
There's a de-confirmation on him already.

There's a thread of de-confirmations if you look on SRK, it's a good way of knowing who not to get your hopes up for.

I would have loved having The Punisher but NOPE.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Just because he got deconfirmed from the initial cast does NOT mean they are for DLC. Mine as well say the same damn thing about Strider and MMX. Anywaayyyyssss, peace out cause the scrubs are flowin in...

DLO

Smash Journeyman
No, you cannot actually piledrive Galactus. I've seen the boss fight, Galactus is pretty stupid. He'll hit you once in a blue moon, but when he does, it kills a character practically.

And I was most certainly NOT expecting a BlazBlue storyline, but Seth explicitly promised a story mode written by some comic book writer whose name escapes me.

Also, LOL PHOENIX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsmBqz9ZUk&feature=player_embedded
Frank Tieri. Seth also didn't said that the story was going to be IN THE GAME. That's why the comic is for. They promised a more robust story mode than the precedent games. And giving that mvc2's story was....i can't even find a word, that's an improvement.
by the way lol @ the stream with galactus, every time he killed Akuma it was with a Snapback, lol

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Off topic switcharoo

The themes on this game in my opinion are for the most part, VERY good.

BIGASS post containing thoughts on ALL THEMES, INCOMING:

Capcom Side:
• Amaterasu - Despite never having played Okami myself, I recognize this theme immediately. I really like this theme.
• Arthur - Probably the most obvious choice for his theme, and it's pretty rockin'
• Akuma - I like how this song is a bit subtler, though very fitting. Not the best, but definitely good.
• Chris Redfield - I feel this theme is fitting for Chris in MvC3, it's well done and is good for sure.
• Chun-Li - This theme sounds kinda poorly put together, I like it, but I feel like they could've done a better job for sure.
• C. Viper - Though it's missing the beginning part of her original theme (which I really like) the remix fares quite nicely.
• Dante - I don't like the songs in MvC3 with lyrics for the most part, this is no exception. Beyond the lyrics though, the song itself is pretty lackluster.
• Felicia - A silly, light-hearted theme very fitting for a character like Felicia. Very Mario Paintesque.
• Haggar - A theme that reminds me of Cody's from SSFIV (I WONDER WHY) A very chill song, good in my opinion.
• Hsien-Ko - A nice theme, very fitting.
• Morrigan - I like this theme, it sounds good, and it's fitting for the character.
• Ryu - I used to hate this theme, but I've gotten used to it, like Chun's could've been better.
• Spencer - Love this remix, it stays true to the original and still manages to sound nice.
• Trish - Blaaaaaand
• Tron Bonne - Another good theme, not great. Though it does scream Tron Bonne to me. It's also very Megamany as it should be.
• Viewtiful Joe - A remix of the first stage of VJ, good theme.
• Wesker - A theme that gives off evil. Very fitting, pretty good.
• Zero - Fits Zero well, though I'm sure they could've remixed a different song for his theme. Still, likeable.

Marvel Side:
• Captain America - Another good theme. Somewhat fitting.
• Deadpool - Oh god this theme...Lyrics are really cheesy, but the theme fits him very well...It's sort of a love hate thing going on inside me
• Doctor Doom - Probably my favorite theme in the entire game, I feel as though it doesn't fit Doom well at all.
• Dormammu - Roooooock. Theme is good.
• Hulk - A good theme as well.
• Ironman - This theme is very good, fits Ironman too well.
• Magneto - Another one of my favorites, even though the spelling is kinda cheesy (My favorite part of the theme still though)
• MODOK - This theme makes you want to beat MODOK up right off the bat with how quirky and strange it sounds. Fitting and not half bad.
• Phoenix - Like the theme, fits Phoenix.
• Sentinel - I really like this theme, not sure why, but it makes the already huge and intimidating Sentinel even more boss-like.
• She-Hulk - Eeeehhh...This theme is decent at best, sure it fits, but it's pretty...eugh.
• Spider-man - Another well done theme
• Storm - Good them, fits nicely. The brass and piano feels like they replace lyrics that might've been in the song, I think it's a good choice.
• Super-Skrull - Song makes it sound like you've got something big on your hands to deal with, and Super-Skrull's looking pretty good gamewise.
• Taskmaster - Kind of generic, still likable.
• Thor - Theme fits PERFECTLY, is also a very good theme.
• Wolverine - Theme's good.
• X-23 - Reeeeeally don't like this theme.

Remember folks, these are all OPINIONS.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wolverine has that Power Rangers guitar. :3

So are any level 3's worth it? I never really see them in videos, am I just missing them or are they just a bad idea?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
mvc2's story was....i can't even find a word
Nonexistent?

So are any level 3's worth it? I never really see them in videos, am I just missing them or are they just a bad idea?
If you watch Marn play Marvel 3 you'll see that they're pretty much all he uses when he's not playing Dante.

It's character situational. Most characters have better things to do with their meter than a level 3 while some characters like Zero have incredible level 3s.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
She-Hulk's theme is the best in the game IMO.
Why don't you like X-23's? It's very fitting for her giving her backstory.

Well mvc2 did had a story....it was the worst story ever, but hey.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
On the Marvel side, my least favorite remix is Captain America's. I don't like Iron Man's all too much since it's War Machine's theme and I thought IM's theme in MSH was better. Spidey's and Doom's sound great. Same goes for Modok's.

Least favorite for Capcom's side is Ryu's. Tron's theme, Flutter vs Gesselschaft, is good, but the one in Legends and TvC were better.
I really like Arthur's and Ammy's.

The songs are pretty much hit or miss for me in MvC3. Some of them have too much synth or whatever, to be honest.

If you have four bars zero can do 0-70% on everyone cept phoenix he'll just kill her before he can do his level 1
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think a combo into Rekkoha KFC'ed into Rekkoha can deal 100 percent as well.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Storm's is one of my favorites actually, I also like Phoenix's a lot.

Akuma's might actually be my favorite though. A1&2 in this beezy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think a combo into Rekkoha KFC'ed into Rekkoha can deal 100 percent as well.
It's probably character specific. I really hope they post character stamina online when the strategy guides come out.

And the thing about KFC combos is that they get a lot better if you have no teammates, so a combo using KFC that would kill if you have no teammates might not always work if you do have teammates. Conversely, a BnB combo that would normally do less than 50% might kill a character if you're in KFC mode with no teammates. So this is kind of skewed in that way.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Some things I like about how they implemented X-Factor, is that they may have made it really powerful, but they also gave it quite a few different uses. For example, you could either turn a combo into an 100% with it, to kill off your opponents character as fast as possible, you could use it to speed up your characters healing, negate chip damage, remove blockstun to escape pressure, or buff your last character.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Some things I like about how they implemented X-Factor, is that they may have made it really powerful, but they also gave it quite a few different uses. For example, you could either turn a combo into an 100% with it, to kill off your opponents character as fast as possible, you could use it to speed up your characters healing, negate chip damage, remove blockstun to escape pressure, or buff your last character.
It's Guilty Gear Roman canceling, MeltyBlood health recovery, Tekken 6 Rage attack boosts, and an automatic reset. Chances are it'll just be used for one of those 4 purposes. It doesn't really negate chip damage either, it's just that the healing factor cancels it out.

And what's this about removing blockstun? I'm pretty sure that not only does it not do that but that there's nothing that would put you in enough blockstun to merit using it that way anyway. Plus your opponent can just use it like a Roman cancel on his unsafe moves and keep pressuring you, putting you back where you started only both players are gaining life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRsed0vp9QA

This is why Frank needs to be DLC. Imagine him with good assists...
Anyone can be good with good assists. That's why low tier/low tier/Tron worked in MvC2.

idk, I won't be mad if Frank makes it in and I guess he makes more sense than Pheonix Wright, but I won't be particularly happy either. I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I don't like speculation.

So if Lightning Attack*2 Lightning Storm DHC into Angled Proton Cannon is possible, I think I might try out Storm/Iron Man/someone (Morrigan, Chun, Hsien-Ko, Dante, idk). They seem like good characters on their own and if you put them together you could make a good balanced team with the right DHCs.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Sentinel is gonna be top tier just because he's the only one who gonna be able to take a x-factor combo and live lol.

Top Bottom