• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Megaman is Capcom though.

Besides, not everything in MvC3 has to be influenced by previous fighters.

And I meant that we got a clone character when I said shoto, I know they are both shotos. :/

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Thats not the meaning of shoto. Shoto isnt the same as saying clone. I got confused because of that. But yeah MM is the face of Capcom so it is kind of weird hes not in. Its even more weird with Tron and Zero. I wouldnt put all my faith in him being in either because Niitsuma doesnt seem to care for some reason.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Thats not the meaning of shoto. Shoto isnt the same as saying clone. I got confused because of that. But yeah MM is the face of Capcom so it is kind of weird hes not in. Its even more weird with Tron and Zero. I wouldnt put all my faith in him being in either because Niitsuma doesnt seem to care for some reason.
Yeah, I screwed that up. Sorry, I'm not a SF fan.

I'm not putting much faith in a Megaman making it in. I don't really care who else makes it in as DLC now, I have two characters I want to play.
A Megaman or Wright would be awesome though, but adding them to my team could just make it worse. I don't care enough about competitive Marvel so one of them would end up on my team too. :/

Uhh, yeah.

In fact, I'm pretty sure they say somewhere that it was made by a fan.
Where do you see that?
I haven't seen anything say if that picture was made by the Capcom team or not.

The picture isn't in the link and the list was made through Nico Nico, so it could be fanmade.

It's pretty good if it is though.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wasn't X the most wanted DLC charater in Japan, he even was given artwork right?

I think X has a pretty damn good chance right now.

Megaman needs more reps anyways. :3
1. No, no artwork for X has been made. There is only artwork for announced characters.
2. A twitter account by the name of Tokirisan was posting "info" about MvC 3, saying that the episode 3 trailer would have Strider Hiryu and Lei-Lei fight Taskmaster, among other things, a list of characters that was supposed to be collected from NicoNico. Obviously, it turns out that he lied about all info he had for MvC 3 while leaking, including the list.
3. Any rep beyond Classic series is too much. (Tron is the one exception mind you)

Lobos

Smash Master
PSN List

Lobos = lobos12
pPp Suspect = Suspect0479
Sariku = FDSariku
Raziek = Raziek_
LivewiresXe = L-W-X
Gates = RMG8S
Jame Stunna = JamStunna
ETWIST51294 = Etwisst
GunmasterLombardi = nch2112
YarsRevengerson = Yars_Revengerson​

Also since this comes out right before pound 5, I'll most likely be bringing it with me.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ PSN = RyuShimazu, though I'll be trying to get decent at the game long before I play online. XD

kr3wman

Smash Master
My PSN is SummerLullaby. I'm really, really planning to get good at this game. If it means using the eventual 6-10 characters that end up any good then I'll have to use them lulz.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ It's sad competitive stuff turns out that way, but it's impossible to prevent (to some extent, at least) ;(

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
New rumour from the mill, Frank West and Elektra will be the next DLC characters because both were cut for reasons Capcom really couldn't do anything for (likely Frank's technical problems and Elektra just to even the sides) and Capcom is thinking about making them free to make up for it. Apparently this came from someone on SRK who "knows someone who wouldn't lie about stuff like this," so even tho it's probably fake, I'd love free DLC, especially if it's Elektra (if I can't have Daredevil I'll gladly take her) and Frank (with the changes to make him a good character).

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Dr. Wily should get in before Sigma. :3

Well I guess we can all agree tha Akuma shouldn't be in right...
Right?
People can't actually want him can they?

So how's Ironman and Spiderman looking right now?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Ironman: Can't say, seeing as pretty much no one uses him in any of the pre-release events, but he supposedly is pretty versatile.

Spider-Man: He looks to be a bit strange, mobility wise, seeing as he has a very floaty jump, but has the web zip line. He also has a pretty awesome reset involving his Ultimate Web Throw after an air combo. Overall, Spidey is also looking pretty decent.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You know, something occured to me for us wanting DLC characters and all.

Unless Capcom had them planned from the very beginning... Wouldn't it be extra work to contact voice actors to provide the roles for them? And getting a theme song for them ready too? I really hope that this doesn't take away from letting new characters like X in, but hey. Just a thought. I know that Sonic was added in late because of fan demand, but after a game is released? Hmm... One can hope.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
I belive that they have outright said that MvC3's DLC will be done based on fan demand, and is not really planned in advance. Of course we will find out at the time of release, when people look in the files on the disc.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Is it possible to add files that aren't there, Stephan?

Probably the scrubiest noob question to ask, but I still don't fully know/haven't looked into how the whole DLC thing works. I know that BlazBlue had data available for Makoto, Valk, and Platinum already because they were planned, but...

Yeah anyway I think you get my question.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
With MvC3 they built the game to have room for any possible files that they may want to add, so yes it is.

In CS's case, they knew exactly what they would add to the game, so they put part of the character and music data for the DLC on the disc, to ease up on the download size and possibly even load times (speculation)

With MvC3 they don't know what they want to add yet, so they coded it with room for expansion by DLC.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Yeah, there isn't much on Ironman is there?
He and Strider were the only characters that I was interested in when I tried MvC2. He is the only other character I want to play, I wish there was a little more. :/

were you expecting him NOT to be in or something? lol
You can't blame me for not wanting a clone can you?

And we were told we wouldn't get any clones before the whole Lupinko thing were we not?

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Akuma is not a clone, he is more like a Luigi. Similar moveser, but not really, and a very different playstyle.

Also I have the opposite problem. I have too many characters I wanna try in MvC3. As opposed to TvC where I only really wanted to use Zero, and pretty much chose Ryu as filler.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Got a laptop. Yay to no more bad grammar because typing on a phone sucks!

You can't blame me for not wanting a clone can you?

And we were told we wouldn't get any clones before the whole Lupinko thing were we not?

No. again SHOTO DOES NOT MEAN CLONE. They said they were against adding extra shotos, they didn't say "no more shotos". They also said "no more darkstalkers". You gotta stop putting so much trust into capcom. Remember, they said yatterman-2 wasn't in TvC but she was.

in TvC You either Main Zero and assist someone or you aint getting top 3
Like Justin wong, oh wait...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, Akuma's much less of a Ryu clone than Ken is, if you actually think about it. And I do think X or some Mega Man really should get in. I never got why Tronne got so much popularity and added over Mega Man, but well since she did, there's probably some reason. As for added DLC, screw Venom, give me freaking Carnage, and I mean the original Kasady Carnage, not the rumoured she-Carnage, maaan.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, making a properly animated model for Carnage would be like trying to make one for Arakune. Hell, even Venom would be pretty hard to do with his old moveset, but Venom at the least has the benifit of them being able to just tone him down to a more normal, closer to the comics style (normal in the sense of not constantly turning into a semi-liquid).

P.S. Carnage as a character is complete ****.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I don't know, it could be me talking from someone who loved the Maximum Carnage game, but I always thought he was really cool. And really, making his hands turn into axes or spears or whatnot should be easier than what they did with like Apocalypse for Xmen vs SF. Though, the quality of the sprites for that game wasn't anywhere near what they are for this.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Once again, he is more than unlikely due to the exact problems they have had with most of the Darkstalkers cast (too much transformation in all of the animations), and combine that with just how much is going on screen at the same time and you have a recipy for slowdown, and that is if they are able to make the animations work.

Also, all that Carnage had going for him was that he had kind of a cool fighting style, but that was all that was really notable about his character.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, you have to understand that I don't really follow comic books much, if at all (I like, had almost no idea who Taskmaster, X-23, Dormammu, MODOK, or Super-Skrull were until I wiki'd the backstory), so most of what I know of Carnage was from the Spidey games he was in and a little bit from the cartoon. Venom, obviously I at least know from the cartoon first.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I never got why Tronne got so much popularity and added over Mega Man, but well since she did, there's probably some reason.
Tron was used more than Mega Man in MvC2, even if it was mostly as an assist. Tron also helps promote Legends 3DS.
Plus Mega Man has already been in two MvC games so I think it's pretty fair for Tron to get in this one.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
As far as Comics so, Venom will forever pwn Carnage. Though it was creepy how much of an obsession Venom seemed to have for Spidey.

Top Bottom