• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Atlus8

Smash Master
While on my phone today, I checked out Eventhubs and saw the headline for Hsien-Ko and Sentinel reveal! I got back from work, took a shower and am about to watch the trailers! Let's go . . .

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
IMO just a gimmick. What could u accomplish in double slow down that u can't in normal slow down?? However we cant really say til the game come out and we test it.

From reading people reviews on various demos Dante/Chun and Trish all work well with Ammy.
Well if it was bad enough then block switching would become impossible.
But yeah, wasn't really expecting much out of it. :/

I never really payed attention characters that were not Zero/Ammy up till now.
I'll look into Dante and Trish, but what do they bring the team?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Dante brings pain, and his Vertical wall assist. (Jam Session)

Edit: And a Hyper that's very DHC friendly.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Have they confirmed there will be more dlc chars, or is it pure rumor? :o

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Well if it was bad enough then block switching would become impossible.
But yeah, wasn't really expecting much out of it. :/

I never really payed attention characters that were not Zero/Ammy up till now.
I'll look into Dante and Trish, but what do they bring the team?
Dante's assist works well with Ammy(Captain Commando like assist) As well as his super being very DHC friendly. Trish works well with all her traps and her assist is basically a free combo for Ammy

Atlus8

Smash Master
My thoughts!

Aside from her annoying voice, Hsien-Ko looks pretty fun!

LOL! First thing from the Sentinel trailer I noticed was MSS at the beginning! Also, spit combos into spit! That **** is gonna be used hardcore!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So, now that we have the full roster I might as well look at my potential team. Help?

I am pretty much set on a team with Zero and Amaterasu, but I don't have a third. Any ideas looking good right now?

What about Joe? Does Joe/Ammy double slow down look practical in any way, or would it just be a gimmick.
I wouldn't put those 3 on a team. They all have low health and they'll be relying mostly on Ammy to get in. Once she's gone, it'll be hard.

I'm not sure who would be good to have with those two. Maybe Modok or something, I dunno.

cutter

Smash Champion
Did you see her offensive game? Stop paying attention to how low her health is. Was Strider bad? No, but he had terrible health.
Agreed.

but

Even Strider looks like a ****ing TANK compared to Phoenix. Hell, even Seth has infinitely better health than she does. Never in my life have I seen a character in a fighting game just BLEED like Phoenix.

She will be extremely unforgiving to play as. All Ryu had to do to her was a simple SF-like combo and that was an easy 100%.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Agreed.

but

Even Strider looks like a ****ing TANK compared to Phoenix. Hell, even Seth has infinitely better health than she does. Never in my life have I seen a character in a fighting game just BLEED like Phoenix.

She will be extremely unforgiving to play as. All Ryu had to do to her was a simple SF-like combo and that was an easy 100%.
Did you also see the fact that as Dark Phoenix when she was switched out she gained health back as quick as she lost it? I mean I know Dark Phoenix is obscure and hard to pull off in the first place but..

Did you not see X-23 take like 10% life from just BLOCKING two fireballs and then taking another 20 from getting hit by one simple move? It's just as we said, she's a glass cannon.

Yeah you can kill her in 4 hits into super but she can kill you in the same amount or less.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Have they confirmed there will be more dlc chars, or is it pure rumor? :o
I think it's just rumour atm, though apparently on the char screen there's space for Jill and Shuma with 2 more spaces remaining.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Did you see her offensive game? Stop paying attention to how low her health is. Was Strider bad? No, but he had terrible health.
What offensive game are you talking about?! Is there a vid I have not seen that showcases her best?! If so please link me! All I know is that she has **** health and her damage output ain't so hot either!

cutter

Smash Champion
What offensive game are you talking about?! Is there a vid I have not seen that showcases her best?! If so please link me! All I know is that she has **** health and her damage output ain't so hot either!
She has an 8-way airdash, a crazy good teleport, and flight (fastfly for extending combos). Those are exactly the kind of traits you need for a good offensive and rushdown-based character.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Lol at Phoenix has no offensive game. She kills people on block so easy.

So I think at the start, I'll play Nathan, Felicia, and Ryu. I still want to play Dante, but I gotta spend a lot of time training as just him. Definitely gonna try out a good portion of the cast still.

Also, lol at Sentinel using low mouthbeam to high, also lol at rocket force hyper to giant electric ball hyper. Diggin' the mini sentinels though.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
(enters topic randomly)

My main team will probably be:

Amaterasu/Thor/Trish "GOD LIKE~!"

After that it's

Chris/C.Viper/X-23 "Hi-tech"

lol, I dunno, names sound better than ATT or CVX or w/e

Atlus8

Smash Master
She has an 8-way airdash, a crazy good teleport, and flight (fastfly for extending combos). Those are exactly the kind of traits you need for a good offensive and rushdown-based character.
It's great that she has all that at her disposal, but what good will all that do when she gets gimped so easily! I can easily see her being chipped to death by Hyper Combos left and right! If there is a player out there that plays Phoenix at the level that Clockw0rk played Strider, I will kiss their shoe!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
(enters topic randomly)

My main team will probably be:

Amaterasu/Thor/Trish "GOD LIKE~!"

After that it's

Chris/C.Viper/X-23 "Hi-tech"

lol, I dunno, names sound better than ATT or CVX or w/e
Youre playing casualy right? Those teams wont work well at all. The second one would if you took out Chris and replace him with Mags, Wesker, Zero, or any other RTSD character. If you want a RE rep thats rushdown and you dont want wesker I heard Jill is going to be RTSD, at least according to Seth.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think it's just rumour atm, though apparently on the char screen there's space for Jill and Shuma with 2 more spaces remaining.
Venom and Whatever <3 It would be nice. :( Idk how to build a competitive team, as I've never played MvC seriously, but I want to incorporate Spiderman. That's my only desire :D

And maybe Zero..

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Venom is so lame. He needs some new moves or something. Stride or die tho. Best character that came out of MvC BY FAR imo. Does anyone want Frank? Could the TvC heads explain his playstyle to me? I played him and Batsu the only real time I olayed TvC.

Edit: BTW I mean Venoms lame playstyle wise. I love Venom as a character but hes boring as ****. I like strider all around. He has the best playstyle imo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ No I agree. I've been watching videos, he looks boring tbh. Just because he is my favorite Marvel character in the world..well it actually means I wish they'd make him better, or different.

I've just always had a thing for the symbiote, especially over Carnage, who is just evil without a purpose imo.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't really remember Frank being all that good in TvC. He was basically like Jill in MvC2 only with more health and less mobility. He had a beam super which was kinda nice, but he couldn't really deal with pressure and just generally got outclassed by a lot of characters. He wasn't as bad as VJoe or Karas, but he was still pretty bad.

TvC players can correct me on this.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Frank was a lot of fun. I hope either he or Phoenix make it in as a Capcom DLC.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Make Venom like his Red Venom form from the first MvC and we're golden.

I don't care how or what they gotta do, we need Venom. :( He's my favorite comic book character of all time.

hint. Eddie Brock version. not Mac Gargan design.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Someone on SRK said Venom cant be eddie brock because hes anti venom now. Anti venom looks cool as **** though. I mean, they are using RE5 Jill and revamping her, why couldnt they do the same for Eddie?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah. Anti Venom, well aware. He does look pretty cool and all but he doesn't even look close to as intimidating anymore. Continuity doesn't seem to be a factor in these kinds of games.

Lookit Zero. He's not his MMZ self and that's the most recent look of him. An Anti-Venom color of his original design would be baller though.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Umm Phoenix is free guys. Lmao at people trying to defend her. Yea she got Dark Phoenix but so what. YOU NEED 5 LEVELS TO ACTIVATE. In a game like this where one link to super and she is done if Phoenix isn't using her healing sphere she is gone. You think a good player is gonna let u sit back and build meter to bring out Dark Phoenix??

Yes she has crazy offense. But to use that offense she has to use meter which is decreasing her chance for using DP. There is nothing u can say that can excuse her health being that low. It's offensive. A good keep away character(Trish,Modok,Storm,Deadpool etc) are going to have a field day with her.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
boy you mad? Also out of a curiosity note I wounder how street fighter players would treat you if you come from a smash background?

Suspect

Smash Hero
im not mad, i just hate when people try to tell others what characters are not good and what not when the game isnt even released yet. And SF players dont care as long as you dont say that smash is a fighting game

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Make Venom like his Red Venom form from the first MvC and we're golden.

I don't care how or what they gotta do, we need Venom. :( He's my favorite comic book character of all time.

hint. Eddie Brock version. not Mac Gargan design.
That would be cool, so yeah :p.

Someone on SRK said Venom cant be eddie brock because hes anti venom now. Anti venom looks cool as **** though. I mean, they are using RE5 Jill and revamping her, why couldnt they do the same for Eddie?
Well, iirc in the comics Captain America is dead, but he is still in the game, no? There really is no excuse. Even though Eddie is Anti, it could be perfectly fine.

Yeah. Anti Venom, well aware. He does look pretty cool and all but he doesn't even look close to as intimidating anymore. Continuity doesn't seem to be a factor in these kinds of games.

Lookit Zero. He's not his MMZ self and that's the most recent look of him. An Anti-Venom color of his original design would be baller though.
Exactly. Anti-Venom is dumb as is the Mac version. Just put the successful one in ._.

What would really piss me off is if they added something like Vultureman.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Here's what I think about Phoenix, she's going to be decent, but she's going to need to find a really good team to help her rush down before getting to Dark Phoenix. People that are arguing that she's good outside of Dark Phoenix still probably won't use her on point at the very start of the match. She's different from Strider since while both have the mentality of thinking "I can't get hit". At least Strider has Ouroboros where he's pretty much thinking "I literally can't get hit" (when he's with Doom of course and the Strider doesn't suck).

If she doesn't have that, she'll lose a lot going for her, IMO. She has a healing super which is nice, but that'll set her back 1 meter from getting 5 bars and force you to rush down to heal which can be risky. If your main point is to secure 5 bars and you're already using up one bar just to heal from getting hit by one combo, healing isn't worth it compared to Dark Phoenix.

The way I see it, she's almost like a Strider that can't get Ouroboros out until she has 5 bars, which isn't looking too good. Luckily she has X Factor and hopefully she can finish off the opponent before it runs out. Also, maybe Phoenix players might have Morrigan on her team because of her meter building assist. That could be good for her.

Top Bottom