• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

cutter

Smash Champion
The only real nerfs I see from Sent are slower flight, smaller j.HP hitbox, no super armor, and no more chip damage on normals. Then again, the frame rate on the trailers are terrible :laugh:

EDIT: Stomping looks a tad slower as well.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OK, now I believe the rumors about Sentinel being in the game.

Please tell me how the **** you came to the conclusion that Akuma and TM are good? Please. I would like to know how you figured out that out with three vids made from capcom.
This.

People don't realize that trailers are supposed to show the characters being awesome, not how they would function in a real match.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-01-27-sentinel-hsien-ko-confirmed-for-mvc3

Sent and Hsien-Ko trailers, as well as the gameplay vid that comes with the reveals as well!

Enjoy guys :). Sentinel is looking good so far.
Hsien-Ko has a terrible walk speed. I hope she has a (wave)dash to compensate for it because she's even slower than Doom at this point. Pendulum helps, but it could be better. She looks fun as hell though.

and of course following in Felicia and Morrigan's steps, she gets a god awful voice
You say this like you wouldn't switch her voice language to Japanese regardless.

Sentinel's HSF looks like it has too much ending lag to be able to set up unblockables off of, his normals look slower, and it doesn't look like he has super armor. Of course, I guess all of that was to be expected. He still has his fly/unfly combos which is awesome, so I guess that's good. He also still does a lot of damage (again, to be expected) and Rocket Punch can OTG, which is great.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yeah, Sentinel seems to have a decent amount of cooldown time, but still looks really good.

Also, Sentinel model is REALLY ****ING SHINY

Also, Hsien-ko's voice is indeed annoying, but both themes are good, this pleases me.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
This may just be a framerate issue on the videos, but I swear Sentinel's air attacks at some points looked REALLY slow. Like, "Ganondorf's FSmash after being hit by a stopwatch" slow.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
We got the 10 year old god-tier characters excluding Cable:( now all we need now is the victory quote everybody wants Deadpool to say if it's DLC or not and this game will be perfect.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Zero, Deadpool, and X-23 preferably, unless they're bad.

Hey guys, I've never played the MvC series. I started playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom recently and am slowly learning (can do basic ground combos in to launcher in to air combo in to special in to super), but I'm fairly new to traditional fighters. Where will be a good place to start learning the game (from ground zero with only Brawl as my competitive background)?

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm not really as worried about Sentinel. They've likely balanced him by now.

I can't wait for the MSS team attempts and then it fail or, maybe worse, just be average.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Zero, Deadpool, and X-23 preferably, unless they're bad.

Hey guys, I've never played the MvC series. I started playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom recently and am slowly learning (can do basic ground combos in to launcher in to air combo in to special in to super), but I'm fairly new to traditional fighters. Where will be a good place to start learning the game (from ground zero with only Brawl as my competitive background)?
MvC 2. Or maybe MvC 1

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Xmen vs Street Fighter lolol

But hemightbegiant is right. Either one of those games will set you on the right path.

ninja'd

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just saw the trailers. Here are my thoughts:

Sentinel looks slower, and I'm sad that they got rid of another pink beam/laser in the game lol. Rocket Punch OTGing is nice which means I'll be using that assist in one of my teams. While I probably didn't notice it before, but MvC3 allows hits after unfly. I didn't see any examples of this until this trailer. Hyper Sentinel Force damage looks pretty self-contained.

Lei Lei's looking good. She seems slower, but that's probably because Vampire Savior was a pretty fast game. I like how she can use the gong multiple times which seems really helpful against projectile based teams. I was also hoping she'd have her pursuit attack for OTG purposes too lol. Anyway, she seems to have great mixups. I already planned on using her in one of my teams with Amaterasu, so her pendulum move will be great with Ammy's assist.

Lots of teams I want to use now.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I can't wait for the MSS team attempts and then it fail or, maybe worse, just be average.
I don't know how much that team has going for it now. Their DHCs are weak and Lightning Storm to HSF isn't possible now.
With the way the characters are designed, they still can cover for each other though, at least.

i heard chris redfield is supposed to be a cable replacement
IMO, Deadpool is more like Cable's replacement.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I don't know how much that team has going for it now. Their DHCs are weak and Lightning Storm to HSF isn't possible now.
With the way the characters are designed, they still can cover for each other though, at least.

IMO, Deadpool is more like Cable's replacement.
i agree with this.
although i already have a feeling that a good bit of mvc2 players will stick to mvc2 even after mvc3 like a brawl vs melee sort of deal

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
MvC 2. Or maybe MvC 1
I downloaded MvC 2 on PSN, but with little experience in the genre, I don't understand the mechanics that well. I'm looking for a resource on the game.

Many of us spent years on Smash Bros without figuring out some mechanics, until we got involved in the competitive scene or researched online. Nor did we know what was good and what wasn't, or what really 'worked' and what didn't.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Oh dear Christ I sincerely hope not.
its already starting
in the latest season's beatings tournament commentary when mvc3 was mentioned a lot of people weren't too impressed mainly because they also weren't big fans of sf4 and how scrub friendly it is and such.
Once I heard that I could tell that a lot of die hard mvc2 players would share that because I have a friend who played 3S for a long time and isn't a fan of sf4 in comparison whom of which discovered playing marvel competitively recently and he's already told me he's not holding his breath for mvc3 because it seems really similar to sf4. Personally I think mvc3 will be a very fun game regardless of the differences from mvc2 so I plan on getting it either way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At the very least, the 3s vs. SSF4 debates are nowhere near as bad as the Brawl vs. Melee debates where the Brawl players are so ridiculously ignorant at times.

Now for the trailers:
Hsien-Ko (I think Xien-Ko is another way to pronounce it): Looks she'll be on at least one of my teams. That chain looks like it'll be the source of most of her mobility and her mixup game. Can't say I'm disappointed. The voice doesn't bother me. I mean, what were you expecting?

Sentinel: Love the MvC2 shout out at the beginning. Probably not gonna play him, but he looks frightening.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
New videos

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/mvc3s-sentinel-takes-the-stage
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/more-sentinel-hsien-ko-mvc3-footage
http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/uninterrupted-hsien-ko-gameplay

I downloaded MvC 2 on PSN, but with little experience in the genre, I don't understand the mechanics that well. I'm looking for a resource on the game.

Many of us spent years on Smash Bros without figuring out some mechanics, until we got involved in the competitive scene or researched online. Nor did we know what was good and what wasn't, or what really 'worked' and what didn't.
Shoryuken.com is down right now, but I recommend going there when it's back up tomorrow or so.
Their wiki page for the mechanics and characters are still up though http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Marvel_vs_Capcom_2

its already starting
in the latest season's beatings tournament commentary when mvc3 was mentioned a lot of people weren't too impressed mainly because they also weren't big fans of sf4 and how scrub friendly it is and such.
Once I heard that I could tell that a lot of die hard mvc2 players would share that because I have a friend who played 3S for a long time and isn't a fan of sf4 in comparison whom of which discovered playing marvel competitively recently and he's already told me he's not holding his breath for mvc3 because it seems really similar to sf4. Personally I think mvc3 will be a very fun game regardless of the differences from mvc2 so I plan on getting it either way.
I actually hear a lot of the pros wanting to pick up the game. They know it won't be the same as 2, but they're excited for it.
I have a feeling a lot of people will move on to 3, but might play 2 from time to time.

I tend to not pay attention to 3S VS SF4 stuff. The games are way too different that you can enjoy both of them.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't like the concept of parries, but that's just me.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Marvel 2 heads (jwong yipes neo soomighty) said that if mvc3 is pretty good theyll pick it up. They said that itll never replace that fast paced, marvel hype. I think it can get hype tho. Its not like its slow paced and defensive (brraaaaawwwwwwwwwwllllllll).

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master

http://zachd.com/mvc2/ Tons of match videos, cimbo videos, and tutorials.

Gamefaqs has some great stuff. Lots of good character info.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i heard chris redfield is supposed to be a cable replacement
Nah. Chris does a great job of zoning on the ground, but he can't control the air nearly as well as Cable. I agree with Minato, I think Deadpool is closer to his BFF Cable than Chris is.

Hypergrav Tempest is also impossible, which makes Tempest Hail Storm much more difficult to land. They still have some natural synergy though and Storm does still look like a good character, so who knows.

although i already have a feeling that a good bit of mvc2 players will stick to mvc2 even after mvc3 like a brawl vs melee sort of deal
Bad analogy, but yeah. It'll really be more like SFIV vs 3S.

Agree with Minato. Also not everyone enjoys 3S over SSF4. Ricky despises 3S lol.
Yeah, I was really surprised Ricky of all people didn't like 3S given how successful he's been at it.

Marvel 2 heads (jwong yipes neo soomighty) said that if mvc3 is pretty good theyll pick it up.
Justin Wong will pretty much pick up anything he can win money at, even if he doesn't really like the game.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs799.ash1/168897_159143517469570_100001217675325_335615_7380836_n.jpg
wat.

Nice.

FLYING **** PYRAMID super looks pretty hilarious.
Yeah, in MvC2 I thought that super was like unbelievably lame and the only purpose of it was so you didn't have to raw tag in someone in the middle of a match, but I gotta say that **** Pyramid looks pretty ****ing awesome now.

Praxis, I would also look at Magnetros channel on yt. He has a lot of in depth tutorials form him and Maj.

Edit: and Joo
Don't forget Dj-B13's Tricks of the Trade. Classic combo videos for almost every character.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I was going to say someone but I couldn't remember who it was and then Gates said DJB13 and I was like "That's it" haha. So yeah he's really good as well.

And yeah Gates but it's like Ricky said, people play 3S, he could win at it, so he played it. Sounds like Justin lol, dude plays everything. I think he even placed top 5 in Tekken 5DR and one of the SC's another year as well.

I do sort of agree with Ricky about 3S though and I do actually like CvS2 a lot like him but that's just me.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hsien-Ko IS HERE!! This day will go down in history as a day to tell your grandkids!! The day Hsien-Ko graced our presence!! SHE IS HERE PPL!!

Don't think yall understand how hype i am! This has been 10 years in the making!!

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
So, now that we have the full roster I might as well look at my potential team. Help?

I am pretty much set on a team with Zero and Amaterasu, but I don't have a third. Any ideas looking good right now?

What about Joe? Does Joe/Ammy double slow down look practical in any way, or would it just be a gimmick.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
So, now that we have the full roster I might as well look at my potential team. Help?

I am pretty much set on a team with Zero and Amaterasu, but I don't have a third. Any ideas looking good right now?

What about Joe? Does Joe/Ammy double slow down look practical in any way, or would it just be a gimmick.
IMO just a gimmick. What could u accomplish in double slow down that u can't in normal slow down?? However we cant really say til the game come out and we test it.

From reading people reviews on various demos Dante/Chun and Trish all work well with Ammy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ammy's slow is pretty garbs. It halts all meter gain.

Yeah, it's easier to land than Joe's, but his ***** face. Ammy's full-screen Elemental super is way better.

Top Bottom