• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I can't wait to see what phoenix players manage, and might give her a try if I can figure something out with her.

On a completely unrelated note, I like that Sentinel demonstrates the large hitstun from ryu's hadouken. Also, despite me not playing him, I can't wait for Mango Sentinel.

So, what's everyone's opinion on Chris Redfield? Compared to some of the other, more projectile oriented characters, he doesn't seem to be played as much in the many events Capcom has (though, to be fair, most events people try the newer characters the most, except Super Skrull, everyone loves Super Skrull)

And on another unrelated note, can someone explain what Hsien-ko's transformation hyper does? And if it isn't really apparent in the few videos we have, at least what it did in Dark Stalkers?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Yeah um I don't care about the competetive play THAT much.

My team no matter what will have some form of Ammy/Chris. If you think these two are good with a specfic third, let's hear it though :)

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
im not mad, i just hate when people try to tell others what characters are not good and what not when the game isnt even released yet. And SF players dont care as long as you dont say that smash is a fighting game
Thanks man I been thinking about getting into SF and Marvel Vs Capcom competitvely for a while now so that's why.

Suspect

Smash Hero
I started out with smash, and then got into SF and MvC, the community imo is actually much cooler >_>

just more pricey

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Awesome, just found out that my friend (Luvcheez on SRK) won the Gamespot tourney.
I wish I could've gone, but NorCal's far and I had class lol.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Do anyone have plans to balance both games competitively like play smash and SF competitively at the same and such?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait to see what phoenix players manage, and might give her a try if I can figure something out with her.

On a completely unrelated note, I like that Sentinel demonstrates the large hitstun from ryu's hadouken. Also, despite me not playing him, I can't wait for Mango Sentinel.

So, what's everyone's opinion on Chris Redfield? Compared to some of the other, more projectile oriented characters, he doesn't seem to be played as much in the many events Capcom has (though, to be fair, most events people try the newer characters the most, except Super Skrull, everyone loves Super Skrull)

And on another unrelated note, can someone explain what Hsien-ko's transformation hyper does? And if it isn't really apparent in the few videos we have, at least what it did in Dark Stalkers?
It's because Chris is difficult to use. He has many tools, but it's difficult to learn. Hsien-Ko's Dark Force super gives, like in Darkstalkers, HYPER armor. Think Gold War Machine from MVC1.
To one of the poster above, iirc Captain America never died. He was sent into another dimension iirc.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I play Smash and fighting games competitively.

People don't respect Smash on forums. In person, people will respect that you play it, and the funny thing is, a lot of the fighting game people I've met say they haven't played Smash enough/ in so long that they can't really say anything about it. It's just fun to bash, like how even the Brawl players bash Brawl. It's the cool thing to do. I say we take it one step further; I say we bash everything.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Oh, lol. I coulda sworn the Super Seurem(sp) had some side effect or something. (I know nothing of CA tbh though, so meh)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
boy you mad? Also out of a curiosity note I wounder how street fighter players would treat you if you come from a smash background?
SF players could care less and will actually embrace u from coming over from smash to a "real fighter" according to them. As long as u dont try to defend brawl them they dont care.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I play brawl Roxas but I make fun of it as well cause you can plus I like melee more than I like than brawl LOL but that's good to hear.

Sariku

Smash Master
I just pre-ordered the game. Unfortunately, they're not allowing anyone to do the special pre-order anymore, which is unfortunate. Oh well, I didn't really want Jill and Shuma anyways, :lol:

Add me tot he PSN list, Lobos. FDSariku

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
Umm Phoenix is free guys. Lmao at people trying to defend her. Yea she got Dark Phoenix but so what. YOU NEED 5 LEVELS TO ACTIVATE. In a game like this where one link to super and she is done if Phoenix isn't using her healing sphere she is gone. You think a good player is gonna let u sit back and build meter to bring out Dark Phoenix??

Yes she has crazy offense. But to use that offense she has to use meter which is decreasing her chance for using DP. There is nothing u can say that can excuse her health being that low. It's offensive. A good keep away character(Trish,Modok,Storm,Deadpool etc) are going to have a field day with her.
what if the person strategy is to build 5 bars just to die??

i would be willing to add my name to the list but i hate playing fighting games online now that i see what GGPO is capable of

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I won't be adding any PSN IDs or 360 tags until after the game is out and people get their copies.
I want to make sure that people who have their ID/tag on the OP will actually have the game.

what if the person strategy is to build 5 bars just to die??
They just better hope they don't snap in Phoenix and kill her early then.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I want to get this on PS3 but I don't own a PS3:( hopefully I can convince my folks to give money for a PS3 and the game for my birthday present next month.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
My team no matter what will have some form of Ammy/Chris. If you think these two are good with a specfic third, let's hear it though :)
You'd need somebody who has a good anti-air. Try Dante or Deadpool or even Morrigan.

Captain America did die. A long time ago 2009ish
2007. Then he came back officially in 2010.

Add me to the PSN list.
RMG8S

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
PSN= JamStunna

My fanboy team: Sentinel, Chun and Spiderman. That's based only on the fact that I like these characters. Once I actually learn how to play the game, I'm sure it'll change.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wasn't X the most wanted DLC charater in Japan, he even was given artwork right?

I think X has a pretty damn good chance right now.

Megaman needs more reps anyways. :3

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
X did not have artwork. The demand for characters are relatively the same everywhere. Frank and Strider got an influx of demand because people thought they were 90 percent in but they werent. Its mainly MMX, PW, Strider, and Frank. We WILL be getting at least one of these. But **** MM. Yall got Tron and Zero. Needs more stand alone chars imo.

Edit: and Chuck Greene.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not to mention X-Men on Marvel's side has how many?

Let X get in. Three Mega Man characters is JUST FINE. That artwork is awesome. A part of it seems fan-made, but it otherwise looks phenominal.

If that happens to actually be real, holy **** awesome. X and Zero 100% on my team then.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Xmen and SF are ALWAYS gonna have the most reps because IT STARTED WITH X MEN VS STREET FIGHTER. MM did NOTHING for this series. Hes not a staple that people make him out to be in MvC. Hopefully X wont be lame like Classic was. Ive already warmed up to him being as DLC. And SF has 2 shotos. Ryu and Akuma.

Top Bottom