• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Fox and Falco were clones yet played differently in Melee.

Ryu and Akuma in MvC3 remind me more of how Fox and Falco are similar yet play different in Brawl.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Look, we all recognize that they play vastly differently.

Doesn't mean that they can't be clones.

Because they are.

I call 'em as I see 'em.

LUIGI HAS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SIDEB FROM MARIO SO HE MUST BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Akuma combos a lot differently than Ryu from what I've seen of gameplay videos and that is enough to make them not be clones.

Clones if you ask me would say that everything of what they do, how they play, etc is all the same. Not even close in the slightest.

EDIT: Is it just me or does Taskmaster have ridiculous combo ability?(Like more ridiculous than normal) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf1RjCiwj2k#t=1m02s

Also watching this will show you how different Akuma plays.

Suspect

Smash Hero
for the love of koolaid, akuma is a shoto clone no matter what game it is. Just like Ken, Morrigan, Sagat(arguable), Sakura, Dan, etc. Just google shoto clone -_-

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciXfktS8rcg

This series of videos was what inspired me to add Wesker to my lineup. He has RIDICULOUS damage for his speed.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
His teleport is so godlike.

Not to mention his theme is super badass, and he's basically got the MVC3 equivalent of Jayoku.

So hyped.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
To reiterate what I said on SRK, I think it is a pretty good idea of having AI based on actual players playstyles, and the most interesting thing about it is that future updates will contain notable pro players.

EDIT: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/1up-game-night
A live stream of the people from IPlayWinner playing around with the CES build of the game. I wouldn't expect to see amazing play, and alot of it will just be the people testing things, but hey, I am all for more info.
EDIT 2: ... and it is now over.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It will be a great way to practice against certain teams and build counter strategies. I think this shadow mode would be a great thing to have.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You forgot to put my XBL GT in there. =(

I was the first to post my XBL GT in the thread too...

XBL: BlackMageKnight

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
PSN: ShatteredSound

Sorry, Stephan. I'm gonna stick with the console I know and love for fighters. That just means I'll get a stick or mod mine. Whatever. lmao

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not worth the extra money to buy another stick when I have a perfectly good one. When I become a top level player (or at least a money-placing one) and win some extra earnings though, I'll invest in a 360 stick to properly play with Edmonton consistently.

Atlus8

Smash Master
PSN: Atlus8

Edit - I won't get the game on midnight release, but I'll get it right after work on Tuesday! Probably going to a friends house that night as well so I won't get online for the first few days!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Atlus, you only edited that post to put exclamations in it didn't you?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You guys know you can get a stick and have them put installation stuff for 360 and PS3 right? I'd recommend that rather than separate sticks so that you can use the one stick you have no matter where you go and who has what system or whatever.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
You guys know you can get a stick and have them put installation stuff for 360 and PS3 right? I'd recommend that rather than separate sticks so that you can use the one stick you have no matter where you go and who has what system or whatever.
Yeah, but that requires soldering, and the proper PCB's. Also Kuraudo has a PS3 stick which makes the whole dual modding thing a bit more complex.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Yeah, but that requires soldering, and the proper PCB's. Also Kuraudo has a PS3 stick which makes the whole dual modding thing a bit more complex.

Ah, well I have a local place here called arcade in a box and they build sticks and you can have them do both and all so I figure you guys could too.

Though if you don't have any place nearby that builds sticks I suppose it'd be a bit more difficult haha.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Is the last hit in Ammy's element hyper unblockable? It feels like I never see any block it.

My PSN is RutgerFE6

Top Bottom