• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
At first I thought MSS had little synergy.

Now that I think about it though, it does seem pretty legit.

Just really, really hard to play.

btw, I'm not like those people who hate without understanding. I know exactly why and what I'm hating.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
MSS has plenty of synergy, it's just not as focused as MSP or Santhrax so nobody plays it. It's basically designed to have the rushdown ability of MSP and the ability to use the Storm/Sentinel DHC. It's not as successful as MSP or Thrax though because MSP can do better aggressively since Psylocke opens up new combos and resets for Magneto and Santhrax can play defensive and control space better with CapCom. There's also some other minor things - Rocket Punch assist does good damage at the start of a combo and Sentinel can do some fly/unfly combos with EM Disruptor assist. MSP and Santhrax are both better at offense and defense respectively, but MSS is by no means a bad team, it's just rarely used.

As far as it being hard to play, if you can play Magneto well at all you can probably learn MSS, MSP, MST, Row, or any other Magneto team pretty easily.

EDIT: Actually I just remembered, Chunksta got second at Evo 2K8 with MSS, losing only to Justin.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Lol at that. No need to point out the obvious probably, but that would probably be clearly faked for the fact that Sakura/Megaman/Iceman(?) are on the damn thing.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Lol at that. No need to point out the obvious probably, but that would probably be clearly faked for the fact that Sakura/Megaman/Iceman(?) are on the damn thing.
yea you are pointing out the obvous lol i was just posting it for people to get avatars

Suspect

Smash Hero
im mentally preparing myself for sentinel again cause he will always be a broken, dumb character...

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I don't think you can call assists while flying with Sent anymore. That alone takes him and his team down a ton of pegs.

Irregardless so many delicious tears.

I went to fight club in LA and played Zero, Dante and Felicia quiet a bit. I'm willing to answer some questions too.

First though, Zero is one hell of a glass cannon, but he could take half a bar (or all of it) from a single hit. The combo I did was as follows:

S.b, S.c, F.c, E(launch), J.b, J.b, J.c, J.E, Rekkouha

If you X-factor then Rekkouha again, you're done son. I KO'd so many point characters this way it didn't matter about there X-Factor. With Jam session I just do crazy block strings then DHC to another character.

Heavy bitters tend to try and snap back a retreated Zero so you gotta get kinda defensive. One of Zero's cooler links are C.c, F.c which links into S.b, C.b, F.c, E. I didn't experiment with Raikosen combos because there was a long wait, and I wanted to retain my streak.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It was a close call between this avatar and MODOK.

But I'll probably switch to MODOK at some point in time.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I went to fight club in LA and played Zero, Dante and Felicia quiet a bit. I'm willing to answer some questions too.

First though, Zero is one hell of a glass cannon, but he could take half a bar (or all of it) from a single hit. The combo I did was as follows:

S.b, S.c, F.c, E(launch), J.b, J.b, J.c, J.E, Rekkouha

If you X-factor then Rekkouha again, you're done son. I KO'd so many point characters this way it didn't matter about there X-Factor. With Jam session I just do crazy block strings then DHC to another character.

Heavy bitters tend to try and snap back a retreated Zero so you gotta get kinda defensive. One of Zero's cooler links are C.c, F.c which links into S.b, C.b, F.c, E. I didn't experiment with Raikosen combos because there was a long wait, and I wanted to retain my streak.
how do u do x factor?
i refuse to be a noob & look @ the booklet. i only do that to admire the art & look for typos

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If Cable comes back. Imma say it now. HYPER VIPER BEAM, HYPER VIPER BEAM, HYPER VIPER BEAM. What an answer.. HYPER VIPER BEAM. lol
The odds of them leaving that in are about as good as the odds of another Megaman character making it in.

Which is to say, it will never happen, no matter how much you cry.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Who the hell is Squirrel Girl?
She's basically this running joke second rate marvel hero who can easily beat the likes of Doom or Thanos with her control over squirrels and proportionate squirrel strength.

or something. She basically has the power to off-panel everyone.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
All credits go to trag from SRK, working with others
Stamina Rankings

Sentinel - 1,300,000

Thor - 1,250,000

Hulk - 1,200,000
Haggar - 1,200,000
Tron - 1,200,000

She-Hulk - 1,150,000

Chris - 1,100,000
Taskmaster - 1,100,000
Wesker - 1,100,000

Captain America - 1,050,000
Spencer - 1,050,000

Dormmamu - 1,000,000
Doom - 1,000,000
Ryu - 1,000,000
Skrull - 1,000,000

Iron Man - 950,000
Morrigan - 950,000
Viewtiful Joe - 950,000
MODOK - 950,000
Wolverine - 950,000

Dante - 900,000
C.Viper - 900,000
Deadpool - 900,000
Hsien-Ko - 900,000
Spidey - 900,000

Felicia - 875,000

Chun - 850,000
Magneto - 850,000
Storm - 850,000
Trish - 850,000

X-23 - 825,000

Amatarasu - 800,000
Zero - 800,000
Akuma - 800,000
Arthur - 800,000

Phoenix - 420,000
Dark Phoenix - 420,000

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Whoa, Tron has a lot of health. More than I was expecting (but around what I was hoping).

Top Bottom